The Letter

The Letter

A Chapter by VioletValkyrie

Violet - Today at 12:08 AM
One July evening, Josh leaves his house, puts on his converse sneakers and runs down the street.
He travels a few blocks, checking the street names to make sure he knows where he's going. His sense of direction is strong but he still wants to be sure.
The rain in the night picks up. He's afraid the letter he's holding may become wet, so he hides it under his jacket and picks up his pace.
Eventually, he finds himself at a beautiful white house, with blue accents. The lights are still on, so he knows it's not an unreasonable time at night.
He twists the handle on the front gate and opens the door, then walks up to the front door and rings the doorbell.
"Coming!" says a voice from inside, and Josh can just barely hear the soft sound of footsteps down the main staircase.
The door opens to reveal Claire, standing there in her pajamas, giving Josh a confused, but not dissatisfied look on her face.
"Josh? Why are you here?" She asks.
Josh looks down. He doesn't want to get distracted, so he gets straight to the point. He grabs the letter from inside his jacket and holds it out in front of him. "This is for you", he says.
He finally looks up, wondering if she'll accept the letter. It is a bit wet after all, and he's hoping that didn't ruin anything. But he is getting wet outside her front door.
She smiles. She grabs the letter and lightly pulls it from his hands. "What is this for?", she asks.
Josh lets out a relieved sigh. He's happy that she in fact accepted the letter. "It's something I made, Claire. I know you would like this, so I made this for you."
She opens the letter and reads the text in her head, her eyes shifting down from line to line, as a smile forms on her face.
"I shouldn't be surprised that you know I love Luxray", she finally says.
"Thank you for this gift." She puts it back into the envelope and puts it inside her hoodie pocket. Josh can't help but smile, he knows that she still sleeps in it.
"I should be going." he says. "It's pretty late, and I'm already soaked. I just wanted to give you this, because I didn't get the chance earlier."
Claire nods in response. "I'm happy you took the time to deliver this to me. Hopefully I'll see you later."
The two wave, before Claire closes her door and Josh walks back to his house. He may be soaked at this point, but he's relieved he was finally able to give her that letter.


© 2018 VioletValkyrie


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an anime?
It is cute regardless.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Jack O

5 Years Ago

Where do you think you will take it next?
VioletValkyrie

5 Years Ago

That's a fantastic question and honestly one I'm not sure I have an answer for. Whatever ideas I get.. read more
Jack O

5 Years Ago

I hope you write more. I kinda like what you have here.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on May 28, 2018
Last Updated on May 29, 2018
Tags: The Streetlight Aesthetic