Bitter Welcome

Bitter Welcome

A Chapter by VioletValkyrie

[A quick note. There's a language warning for this one. I typically still keep Audience set to Teen because I believe it's best suited for what I write, and personally believe those who fall under that category to be mature enough to deal with language warnings. However, if you're not interested or are turned off by this, this is me politely warning you.]

---

Allison lets out a sigh, leaning over the balcony of the unfamiliar house she finds herself in, watching the rain fall and wash down the street.
"God, why the f**k did I even come tonight?" she says, rolling her eyes and almost dropping her grip on the neck of a glass soda bottle in her hand.
"Don't be like that." She feels a hand placed on her shoulder, and looks over it.
"No one even f*****g invited me, Noah. I'm not even here properly. Just decided to show up knowing I'd get pissed off."
Noah's expression turns sour. "You can leave whenever, you know. I know you don't want to be here, but I was surprised when you wanted me to take you anyways."
Allison shakes her head. "No, I'm not leaving. I came to say some s**t and won't be gone until I have."
"Uh-huh. I know, love." Noah takes his hand off her shoulder as Allison removes her arms off the balcony and straightens her back. "But Ally, you do know you're going to regret this, right?"
Allison's glass bottle drops to the floor as she pulls Noah into an embrace.
"Mmhmm. I know. I just... I need to get this out."

---

Sliding open the balcony door, Allison steps out into the room. Pushing her way past some of the crowded groups and placing her hands in the pockets of her hoodie, her eyes begin scanning the room for one person in particular.
"Yeah, so then I was like-"
The familiar voice caught her attention. Taking a couple deep breaths, she walks towards the voice, now clearly seeing a group of four girls. The bright blue-haired girl stands out for her hair colour and choice of clothing, which seems to be a lot neater and prettier than the others.
"Why wouldn't he be? I'm sure he'd be all over that."
Allison takes another breath. Doesn't seem like she was noticed. So, there was only one thing to do. She sighs, before opening her mouth, and...

"HEY, BLUE-HEAD!"

That certainly caught people's attention. As the room falls silent, all four girls, as well as several of the other people in the crowded room all turn around and locked their focus on one girl seemingly yelling and aggressively pointing her finger at another. People slowly begin backing away from the group and the outsider.

Allison, taking the silence as an opportunity, takes a few steps closer to the other girl.
"Hey, welcome back, Dawn. It's so nice to see you after you left."
Dawn takes a step back. "I- Uhhh... Hi."
Allison shook her head in response. "No, no. It's okay. You don't have to say anything. Clearly you don't want to say anything to me after these past few days, if you blatantly ignoring me has got anything to do with it. I'm glad you didn't f*****g invite me either."
"Huh?"
Allison lowers her hand, before running it through her hair. "Yeah, I'm glad you have no f*****g idea what I'm talking about. Months ago you talk all this s**t about us being friends, yet you toss me aside and b***h about being such a bad friend whenever I bring it up."
Dawn's expression turns to worry. "What? But... But I-"
"You what?" Allison cuts in. "You're not such a bad friend, are you? Yeah, I can tell you have good friends here, these people you basically left me for."
Dawn turns and looks at the other girls.
"Man, girls, isn't it so nice to hear your friend abandoned someone else for you? Completely left them? I'm so glad you can be good friends with people after being such a b***h to Cassidy earlier."
Dawn looks back at Allison. "Cassidy? What did I say to Cassidy?"
"Ha, you basically told Cassidy to f**k off. Saying you aren't required to be friendly towards them and basically shutting them out. So good for you."
Silence from Dawn.
Allison rolls her eyes. "So I'm glad with all this s**t you've put us through you can still come back here and have everyone love you. I doubt you need me to tell you how f*****g done we are."
More silence from Dawn, the other girls don't know what to say either. The rest of the room has either left or is just choosing to try and ignore the conversation for Dawn's sake.
"If you don't have anything to say, I think we're done here." Allison puts her hands back in her pockets, and begins walking through the group and out the door on the other side.

The girls try to return to the conversation they were having, but all of them are still in shock from the events, especially Dawn.

---

The soft sound of a door closing can be heard from outside the building, as Noah exits and begins walking out to the street.
"So, you sure went all out, huh?" he pulls his keys out from his pocket and presses a button, as the car he's walking towards flashes its lights and the doors unlock.
"Ugh. Yeah. I fell like I was gonna fall over on my way out of there, I'll be honest." Allison pulls open the passenger door to the car and hops in.
The two buckle their seat belts as Noah places the key into the ignition. "You probably made it look like you just ripped into some innocent girl in public for no reason." He twists the key and starts driving.
Allison opens the glove box of the car and pulls out a pocket knife. "Yeah. Maybe I did." She opened it and slid the knife along the knee of her jeans and rips part of them. "But I just did what I thought was right. I'm so sick of people treating her like this angel just because she left months ago. Like, oh yeah. Of f*****g course everyone's going to be all like 'OH DAWN WELCOME BACK' whenever she walks into the room every single god damn time. It's not like she abandoned everyone. It's not like she- F**K." Allison removes the knife, now tainted with blood, and reaches down to her feet, grabbing her bag to pull out a cloth.
"Love, don't cut yourself over this. I know this is really rough on you." Noah glanced over in the mirror, eyeing Allison to check her applying the cloth.
Allison sighed. "I just... I'm so mad. I probably fucked up. I know I was wrong and shouldn't have done that, but I just had to get it out. I had to yell at her. Though I think if you hadn't taken that bottle of mine I would've smashed it over her."
Noah rolls his eyes. "You know, I would think you were a serial killer from saying that if I didn't know you any better."
Allison laughs. "Yeah, but hey, you know me. You'd probably expect this s**t from me at this point."
A bit of silence.
Another sigh from Allison. "Y'know, maybe I did this for Cassidy, too. They didn't really deserve this. Maybe some part of this was just to get justice for them."
"You know they'd just say you're wrong, right? You shouldn't have done things like this."
"I... Yeah, you're right. This was the wrong thing to do. But I still did it. I'm an expert of making wrong choices, you know this about me."
Noah chuckled. "Better than anyone else."


© 2018 VioletValkyrie


Author's Note

VioletValkyrie
Some of this may be nonsensical, rambly, and there's a language warning. I'll be honest, I wrote this more as a rant and multiple revisions are most likely required.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on May 29, 2018
Last Updated on May 29, 2018
Tags: The Streetlight Aesthetic


Author

VioletValkyrie
VioletValkyrie

Canada



About
[Working on a bio] more..

Writing
The Letter The Letter

A Chapter by VioletValkyrie