Chapter 3: Late Night Discoveries

Chapter 3: Late Night Discoveries

A Chapter by Japanese Cherry

Kim Ji-Hoon’s tolerance was thinning. Just that day alone: he was loaded with homework, called in to work at the veterinary clinic before he could even start homework, and then he was pressed to create a song within a three-day-time limit (that deadline being tonight). It was eight o’clock at night and he was just making his way into the local hangout just to get bombarded by his fans. It took Ji-Hoon a time span of ten minutes just to get to the stage… when he finally got to his destination he was greeted by his band mates…

-Kim Ji-Hoon picked up his guitar and strummed a few notes

“How long are we playing tonight?”

-Omoiagatta snorted

“How long have we played for the past three weeks, or preferably, the past five days?”

-Sugureta popped in

“It’ll be till 12…”

-Amai yawned

“Or later if another encore is requested…”

-Kim Ji-Hoon growled quietly before strumming the first notes to the first song of the night

“This is going to be a pain… yet again…”

 

Two o’clock in the morning, Ji-Hoon was trudging into his quiet home. Stopping by the hospital on  his way home to check on his aunt, Ji-Hoon felt like he was about to collapse. When he saw who was attempting to wait up for him, he straightened up. Approaching the now sleeping Saku Hana on the couch, he felt his stress slightly ease. When she startled herself awake and asked the first question, he grew instantly annoyed…

“Did you stop by the hospital again? Ji-Hoon… you’re hurting yourself by going to continually see your aunt in that condition… I’d say it was okay to just visit… but you are only offering free pain to your mind and heart… if you want to go, then why don’t you ask me to go or Amai…? That way you have someone to comfort you…”

-He felt a scowl form on his face

“I don’t need comforting and I can go see my aunt if I want to! You don’t have to follow me around like a lost sheep! I’m not a ticking time bomb like you were! Now go away so I can sleep!”

-Saku’s façade faltered and he thought he could almost see her ready to cry, but she covered it up quickly

-With a soft, anger-controlling sigh, she got up and picked her way over to his room

-Before leaving Ji-Hoon alone, she quietly piped up

“You know… I’m only looking out for you… I know that school and work have been getting to you… and band work… but… I know that that never stopped you before… I’ve seen and heard you handle much worse… And I know that Yoo Ji-Min’s condition is what is truly killing you… I’m only trying to ease that pain…”

-The sound of the bedroom door closing signified that Saku had left Ji-Hoon to peace

-He let out a heavy sigh and fell onto the couch

 

“I don’t want you to keep seeing me like this… and I hate how I keep shoving you away… but… work, school, band, and then SHE had to call… all of this crashing down with Imo’s accident… I just… I can’t have anyone around me… or else…

‘I don’t need comforting and I can go see my aunt if I want to! You don’t have to follow me around like a lost sheep! I’m not a ticking time bomb like you were! Now go away so I can sleep!’

Saku’s façade faltered and he thought he could almost see her ready to cry, but she covered it up quickly…

Or else that happens… Saku… I know that you only want to comfort me… but you have to get away from me… I just need to be by myself… alone… Gomen ne…”

 

Kim Ji-Hoon slept for only two hours before his phone rang. He moodily snatched up his phone, for the second night in a row, and placed it up to his ear:

Baddobōizu financer Kim Ji-Hoon... Who is speaking?”

You know, that was very rude the night before, yelling such vulgar language and then hanging up…”

-Ji-Hoon sucks in a deep breath before coolly replying

“You should have known what was going to come out of calling me…”

“You still shouldn’t talk that way to me…”

“Doesn’t matter… why are you calling?”

“I heard what happened to my dear little sister… I can’t call to see how she is after such an accident?”

-The way the woman on the other line drawled out the word accident, Ji-Hoon suddenly felt suspicious

“Did… did you cause… that accident?”

“Oh darling… it was a drunk driver, heehee!”

“Drunk driver my a*s! Was that what you paid that doctor to say?!”

“Hmph… well… it really was a drunk driver… actually made my job so much easier… I had actually paid someone to hit her, but, that drunken fool ran into my sister’s car instead… either way, she’ll think what I want her to think. And I didn’t have to pay the doctor… ‘cause it was actually a drunk driver!!”

-Ji-Hoon felt a shiver run down his spine

“How the hell…? How could you even plan to hurt your own family member?! You were seriously planning to put her in the hospital?! And even the kids were with her! Did you even give a thought about your niece and nephew?!”

-A shrill laughter preceded the response

“Come now, if she had followed my plans and joined my ranks, I wouldn’t have to do anything! No bad would have come!”

-Ji-Hoon gave a disgusted grunt

“You’re pathetic! A poor excuse for a human! You have no heart! And Imo won’t be frightened by this; she’ll continue to defy you! And don’t call here again! I never wanted to hear your dissonantly voice then and I assure you I don’t want to hear it now! I know you also want to get under my skin now but it isn’t working!”

-And with that Ji-Hoon cut the phone off

-Overworked up, he suddenly needed to burn off his access energy

-The clock may have stated 4 in the morning but Ji-Hoon was already off… heading to the 24-hour gym

-He didn’t notice how Saku leaned on the doorframe of his bedroom, watching him storm off into the early morning…

 



© 2013 Japanese Cherry


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on June 29, 2013
Last Updated on June 29, 2013


Author

Japanese Cherry
Japanese Cherry

Mallepa, With Sho and Kei, Japan



About
MEOW HOO!!! OHAYO!!!! ANNYEONG!!!! I'm just a shy (unless ur a close friend or family), but creative girl between the age of 15 and 21 that loves to read, write and draw... Nothing more... by the.. more..

Writing