If I Had One Week To Live

If I Had One Week To Live

A Story by The StoryTeller
"

This is also in my blog, but not really a blog entry. I need to make a real blog entry, I just think this can stand on it's own.

"

If I Had One Wish, For What Is Life?

Posted 2 Weeks Ago



If I had only one week to live I would live every moment as if it were my last. I would make sure every breath was fresh and new. Feel each moment in it's glory. Each emotion in all it's intensity. Come to think of it, why don't I do that everyday? I could die tomorrow. I could die 10 years from now. I could die the very next second after I write this word called word. So if I, if we, are going to die eventually, and none of us knows when, why then, do we live with so much pain? So much anger? So much anguish? Why don't we let it go? I know, it's nigh near impossible. At least when you're not letting stuff go or trying. Trying to live each moment as if it were your last. But you know what? It's worth the shot. Who knows? You may have only one shot. You could have unending rage at someone and die never resolving it. How do you want to be remembered? How do you want your tombstone to read?
What a waste?
Or What a life?
So live as if you're gonna die.

© 2015 The StoryTeller


Author's Note

The StoryTeller
Just tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree with you. I live in the moment. Everyday. Because as you said, we don't know whats next. Keeping grudges is unhealthy. Its all about forgiving and forgetting. Its all about taking a chance. I sure as hell don't want my last thoughts to be centred around the one big question-'what if?'
Amazing work Blade!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Yeah I sure as hell don't want to be thinking that either. Glad you liked it and glad you could rela.. read more



Reviews

A very good question. I would be near family and do some fun things if possible. I believe we need to enjoy everyday. This could be our last day? Thank you fro sharing thoughts provoking story and question.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

It's hard but I feel we can all do it if we try most of the time, and we can do it at least 80% of t.. read more
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are right.
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Well, then I will continue to try to do it myself and help others to do it as well. :)
This is really nice. Living each day like it's your last is a quote of positivity and motivation that gets carelessly thrown around by hypocrites everyday. No one ever really stops to think what it truly entails. So I thank you or taking a closer look at what it actually means.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

And I thank you for taking the time to read what I've found out. :) This was based off of personal e.. read more
Good message, good moral. I try to live like this, but I'm kind of attracted to darker and more insecure thoughts. Still trying, though, hehe. This helps me remember that I need to be more optimistic. This story is pretty straight forward though, I have to say. Maybe it's an idea to wrap it up into something that lives this ideal?

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Yes, I want you to live this idea. I have my past, I have my regrets, mine are terrible and insanely.. read more
Very good. I am very much into philosophy, physics, and theology. So I completely understand where you are coming from. Time is something of great interest to me so this resonated with me. If you don't mind me expressing my own opinion, I think there is a reason we do not give our everything in every moment of our life. I think it is because we have a innate desire for eternity. We are created for eternity. I don't think that we were created or came into existence just to die and be buried in a grave and that be it. That is why we feel we can live forever in this body on this earth, and feel that we can just take our time and hold back. We procrastinate because we feel that we have eternity to do things. (Just some of my own personal thoughts on the subject)

We only have the very moment that we live now. For the moment that we are living in now is the only reality there is. Everything else falls into the past or the future and all those things are used to resources to live the now. Only now exists, all other is but an illusion.

Thanks for sharing. You hit it dead on

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I agree, I am Christian, and I debate (I know it's stupid) gigantic matters like, "Why are we here?".. read more
Very inspirational! It's hard for me to look at life in the best of ways, but this helped me open my eyes... thank you for sharing this! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad it helped you, and I think that you should try to see things positively. :) Talk to me if y.. read more
The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

And I'd write past the point I couldn't write anymore.
I agree with you. I live in the moment. Everyday. Because as you said, we don't know whats next. Keeping grudges is unhealthy. Its all about forgiving and forgetting. Its all about taking a chance. I sure as hell don't want my last thoughts to be centred around the one big question-'what if?'
Amazing work Blade!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

Yeah I sure as hell don't want to be thinking that either. Glad you liked it and glad you could rela.. read more
True, We don't know when we're going to die so instead of dreaming about the future, we should dream about the present and make the most of it.
It would be a real waste of like if you didn't do what you wanted.
Another great piece! This one goes to my favorites

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you liked it, and I'm glad you could relate. We spend so much time thinking ahead, that by .. read more
Lizardo

9 Years Ago

Everyone should read it and I'm glad I found someone that thinks like me :)
Lizardo

9 Years Ago

I meant to say that has the same Ideas
I want to let go. Starting today, I want to try to let go of my bitterness and forgive the unforgiven. Yes, I will most likely fall...but I can also make the decision to stand back up. I want to be understanding. I want to take more time for other people. That was a really inspirational post...and keep me to my challenge, okay? =) I think this may have given me an idea for another blog entry...

Posted 9 Years Ago


The StoryTeller

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you're going to do that! And yes, here's a quote: "It's not how hard you fall, it's how you.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

399 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 30, 2015
Last Updated on January 30, 2015

Author

The StoryTeller
The StoryTeller

The place of life and happiness., OH



About
I'm changing my name from The Resilient One to The Storyteller and trying to start fresh... believing in myself, believing in others, making this new personality I want to have... I guess I was alread.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by The StoryTeller