Goodbye

Goodbye

A Story by Voice
"

I�ll always remember...

"

 

I don’t want to upset you but I needed to talk to someone even if it’s just a computer screen. My grandfather died an hour ago and I don’t know what to do. I’m suppose to be the strong one to hold the family together, but how can I be strong when the only man I’ve ever loved and the only man that’s never hurt me is gone? I’m sorry this is probably so stupid for me to be writing but I can’t sleep, I can’t believe he’s gone. I promised him that I wouldn’t leave him though and I didn’t I never left. I told him I love him and that I’ll take care of grandma. I won’t be in school tomorrow I don’t know when ill go back. I know he is with God and I know my dad is taking care of him and I know one day ill see him again I just don’t understand. I’m gonna make him proud though. I’m gonna get my work published, I’m going to graduate and go to college and I’m going to dedicate my book to him. My first son will be named Robert after him. It’s snowing right now and I know why. The angels are crying for us they know he is a great man and that we are going to miss him. If you can read this grandpa I love you so much and I’ll never forget about you I’ll keep fighting no matter what and I promise to always believe and have faith…I love you.
 
Your granddaughter Voice

© 2009 Voice


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I know it was just a personal prayer but thats what makes it special.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow! I lost my grandmother who was like a mother to me 3 months ago today. I felt my world had ended and still feel a void in my life. It snowed the day she was buried and to me, that was her sign for me that she was ok. I know she is happy and that she is with my grandfather in heaven. She was so strong in her faith that she was ready to go long before she ever did. She would have been 94 this past February and I miss her more that words can every say. I feel your pain and I am truly sorry for your loss.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Pretty deep. I'm not really into mushy emotional stories that come from the heart, I'm mostly into deep pyschological and technological nightmares.

Posted 15 Years Ago


deep love it!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
(:
This made me realize that I don't really feel this way about anybody.
Well, except for my step-mom.
My dad is a jerk...

Posted 15 Years Ago


this was one of the best things I've read in my life how you just expressed your feelings not many people can do that which is what makes this beautiful sorry about your gradnfather

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a beautiful heart-felt tribute. You turn death around by telling him how you are going to show him of well you are going to live.

He's smiling down on you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You are very fortunate to have known his love and his love like one of your other reviewers said is eternal!
Take your love for him and his love for you and turn it into the dream that's in your heart!

I'm so sorry for your physical lost but I'm happy for the internal strength that his presence has instilled in you!
Keep striving because I feel your spirit and through your spirit is GREATNESS!

Posted 15 Years Ago


My grandpa died 5 years ago....I visited him one day before he died and in a way i had my chance to say good-bye. The night he died it rained..i'll always remember that night. The day we buried him it rained...
It is said that rain is the sign that the one who died regrets leaving this world. I can still remember how hurt i felt, how sad, how lost. I moved in with my grandma to make sure she was fine...but she was not...
Time...time healed our wounds...and filled the hole left by him. Time taught me how to live with it and move on. Time doesn't stand still...for nobody...life goes on and you have to go on with it.
I still miss him but the pain is not as vivid as it used to be. I know he is watching over me. He showed up in my dreams a couple of times....and i hugged him and said i loved him.
I know the pain you're talking about....but time will heal you too. Your grandpa lives on..in your heart, in your memories, in every moment you spent together, in everything he taught you.
Your grandpa will always be with you, inside of you. My grandpa is with me...and part of what i am today i owe it to him...he is a part of me. I talk to him sometimes...i ask him things...I know he can't answer but it makes me good. And sometimes i do receive my answers -- Not always you need to see or hear things in order to know they're there.

May your grandpa rest in peace!




Posted 15 Years Ago


You felt loved.. and love is eternal... Take him inside you , love him, talk to him.. and tell him it's ok in your Soul he can live and in your heart he can loved.. I give you my heart! Magic
You have not lost him you gain an angel..who will watch you in eternity... I know this.. I have lost too.!!
Your new friend.. Magic

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

369 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2009
Last Updated on March 16, 2009

Author

Voice
Voice

Wouldn'tyouliketoknowyoucreeperSTRANGERDANGER, MI



About
more..

Writing
Numb Numb

A Poem by Voice


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Voice


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Voice