Chapter 4: North Carolina Fleet Infinity Alpha V (Part 1)

Chapter 4: North Carolina Fleet Infinity Alpha V (Part 1)

A Chapter by Daniel F.
"

The Ellis twins, Sherry, RJ, and the others visit North Carolina as a stop for a trip to a UN Building in the Bahamas.

"

We look outside the windows as we saw the North Carolina State Border Sign. We looked at some weird cars as they passed us, since they were not really seen in Massachusetts, and then looked at the trees and plants. The flight towards the Military Airport in Virginia took a while, but looking at all of the things from the air was a pretty sight. Since we didn’t have to be at Wilmington to meet the fleet until a few hours, I decided to ask if we could go to my friend’s house in Union County. My friends name is Breah, she lives in a neighborhood that looks as if there was a small war, though it also looked peaceful enough to where it looks like everyone is friends. it took about 30 minutes to get to Union County and then it took about another 10 minutes to get towards her house. I told everyone to wait in the cars until I say it is clear, or until they see me, Sherry, and Angie meet Breah.

I walked towards the door and knocked, I waited for about 10 seconds and then Breah’s friend James and her sister Emily answered the door. “Hey, is Breah here right now? We are here to say hi.” I said, so Emily ran upstairs and yelled “Breah! Someone is here to say Hi to you!” and then she came running downstairs beside Breah. “Hi Breah, long time no see” I said with a smile. She stood there and stared at us, then she ran forward and hugged all three of us, “I thought you guys went missing!” she said with tears rolling down her eyes. “Why would we be missing?” I asked and waited for an answer, “Your parents called the police and reported all three of you missing after Sherry’s parent’s death. Your mom messaged everyone of your friends and told them to keep a lookout for you.” she said.

By that time I heard the doors of the cars shut and I thought that Jane probably told them that they could come in. Daniel walks in with Johnson, John, Macbeth, and Jane behind him. “Who are they?” she looked at everyone else puzzled, “Well…..this is Colonels Johnson, Macbeth, John, General V and Jane. You can call V, Daniel since no one really knows his last name.” I said to her, so then she looked at me,“Are you joking or are these actually people from the military?” she asked me while tilting her head. Daniel then showed her his Military Identification and then everyone else did the same except for Jane. “So who is this?” she looked at Jane, “Well that is my Godmother” I said to her. “Well she looks young and pretty” Breah said to me, so then I decided to ask another question, except this time for Johnson.

“Colonel Johnson, is it okay if I call my step-parents and let them know I am okay?” I asked him, he nodded and then I asked if I could use Breah’s phone. She handed me her phone and then I dialed my step-mom’s number, so I waited as the phone was dialing. “Hello?” my step-mom had asked, “Hi mom, it’s me Hunter” I replied with a calm steady voice, “Hunter! Where are you? Are you okay? Where’s Angie and Sherry?” she said repeatedly. “Mom, we are okay, calm down. We went with one of the officers that had checked out Sherry’s house.” I said to her, “Where are you now?” she asked, “Well…….we are in North Carolina” I said. “Why are you in North Carolina?” she asked with a silent angry voice, “We are visiting an old friend of mine, you remember Breah?” I asked, “Oh yes, I remember her. She was a nice girl.” she said in a sad voice. “Well I need to go, bye” I said to her “Bye” she said. I hung up, and said that everything is sorted out now, but was afraid that I would be on the news or something. I asked if I could get something to drink, I was tired out for no reason and no one knows why. As I walked out, there was Sherry waiting for me as usual and she told me that everyone else was in the living room talking about some things and RJ was watching the T.V. with John.

Sherry walks into the living room in front of me and then tells me that I could sit down beside her if I wanted to. I sit on the couch beside Jane, and then Sherry takes the seat beside me. “So how have you been these past few years Breah?” Angie asked, “Well, I have been doing good so far, and also my dad has opened a new store.” she said with a smile. “That’s good to hear.” Angie replied to her, and then she stood up and asked to use the restroom. Breah pointed towards the closest hallway and said “Down this hallway, take a right, keep going straight and third door on the left”. As soon as Angie left the room, Breah had started to question why I was with the Military, so I answered with what I could. “Well, it turns out that my actual parents were part of the military and were very famous in the Government.” I said, so then Breah asked “So you were adopted?”, and so John said “Their parents went missing when they were 7 years old”. Angie returned and looked at us, saying that she wants us to find our parents. “Well, speaking about finding, we need to find our way to Wilmington for the Fleet Check.” Johnson said, so we got up and ready then we said goodbye to Breah and we left after exchanging good-byes.

We pulled up towards the USS North Carolina Museum and then Johnson asked for the owner of the Museum. It took about 10 minutes to find the owner, then he showed him something that I couldn’t quite make out. We watched as the security told the visitors that the museum was closing early, then Johnson told us to get on. About 2 minutes later, some men wearing Navy uniforms walked into the Battleship and we followed them towards the bridge. “Get ready to leave for the Atlantic” the Captain said over the intercom, “I did some research, and I thought that they took off the propellers?” I said to the captain, “Well we decided to put them back on a few months before today” he replied.

About 5 minutes after getting aboard the ship, we felt a sudden pull and then there was the loud sound of metal scraping against mud and rock. I ran outside and the boat was moving slowly away from the museum entrance, the ropes securing the boat to the shore ripped out of the concrete and the anchor was lifted up. There were people watching in amazement as the giant ship left the area and headed out towards the Atlantic Ocean.

Sherry and Angie walked up to me and then Angie asked if I was okay. I replied “Maybe, it is just that we are so far away from home and now we are leaving the country to get to the rest of the fleet in the Bahamas. Also, it is my very first time being on a boat in the ocean.” I looked towards the shore, watching it become farther and farther away. “Well don’t worry, you have everyone that ever cared about you right here” Angie said and pointed towards the colonels, Daniel and Jane, which were all gathered around a table discussing plans. I smiled at her and gave her a hug, and told her that she was right and that everything I needed was with me here.

The boat went along calmly on the water, with the waves went along the side of the hull. Angie was standing by the rail and was staring out into the sea, so I walked over to her and stood beside her. “So, how are you?” I asked her, “It’s just…Well I just don’t feel right. Being here just makes me feel like I have been through something like this before.” she said. I looked down for a couple of seconds and replied to her “Now that you mention it, so do I”.  Sherry then walked up and said hi to us, she looked more happy than usual and that is a rare sight to see.

We walked around towards one of the main turrets on the Bow of the ship. We looked at the fish swim by the side of the ship and wondered how small they were compared to the actual length of the boat. We walked to Jane’s room and talked to her for awhile. Jane asked if we liked it here on the boat, and we replied with a shrug. Life was easy on the boat, but if we were at home it would be a different story. We talked about our parents and what they did to help the government and the country. I learned that my parents were helping in inventing a new type of weapon called an “Atomic Reversal Gun” which is supposed to reverse the electric bonds that holds atoms together and turns the target into nothing, not even thin air.  Jane thought that it would be a great bonding exercise if we told our feelings for each other.


Angie was first to share her feelings about everyone she knows on the ship. “Hunter, you are a cool brother. Of course you can be annoying, I know you are annoying since you love us so much. Sherry, you are an awesome friend and there is no one that can replace you. Jane, well even though I have not known you for long, you are very cool and are an awesome godmother. RJ, he is nice. He hasn’t talked to anyone for a while, but I think it is because we are the closest thing to family that he has, to be honest I kind of like him. He never does anything bad enough to where he gets in major trouble and it is great to be around.” she talked about how the colonels and Daniel are nice people and wishes to know them better. To me, I think that she is getting used to everyone now, that is a good thing to get used to them.

It was my turn to talk and so I gave my honest opinion on everyone else “Angie, you are a very great sister, there is no other person I would ask for to be related to me. Jane, you are an awesome person and I think that it is cool how you are my godmother and can use powers, no one can ever say that their godparent has super powers. RJ, he can be annoying, and mean sometimes, but he is alright. He never does anything on purpose, it is just how life wants him to be. Johnson, he is a great person, of course a little pushy and wants things to be perfect, but no one can blame him. Macbeth, she is a great shooter, well everyone else is as well, but she is different. Jackie, now there is a person I have not heard from in awhile, so I don’t know anything about her yet. Johnson is a great person, and best of all he is a pro at basketball.” I paused for a little bit and started to think about what to say about Daniel. “Daniel….he is very great. He is skilled, good at video games, likes to watch t.v. and is like a dad to me. I never really tell him, but he treats me as if I am a brother, and he always watches after me, helping me through my troubles.” I paused again, but for a shorter amount of time, “Sherry…...you are very kind and shy. No one can ever be a better friend than you can. You always help take care of me and I always help take care of you. I have always found you to be cute when ever you are shy, and beautiful the rest of the time. You are very different than everyone else that I have ever known, that is what makes you special, you are one of a kind. I have always wanted to ask you out, but never had the guts to actually ask you. You have all of the traits of a perfect person to be with, you are smart, beautiful, kind, and you always know to make a person smile, on the inside and out”.

Sherry blushed and gave me a very, and I mean very, big hug and thanked me for saying those things to her. So as I was trying to balance myself from that hug, she kissed me on the lips and then gave me another hug. For some strange reason I was shocked, even though I knew what had happened. I blushed and hugged her back, I felt as if I let of a lot of weight from my mind, and told her that she is very special to me and everyone else and that she is important to us. Sherry would have gone, but with what just happened she doesn’t really need to say anything about how she feels.

RJ walked into the room, asking about what he had missed, so I told him. He sat down and looked at us, he never looked so shocked before. “I never had any real friends before now. Over the years, I was kept away from friends by my mother. She never really like anyone, so whenever I was making new friends  my mother would convince them not to be.” he stopped and looked down. “Even though my mom was mean to my friends, she was nice to other people. I never really understood her, one moment she would be mean, then the next she was super nice.” he said. “You guys are great, you are nice, you are used to my actions, and you have my back. Angie, you are a really nice, smart, cute girl. You are very kind and you take care of me when needed, you remind me in some ways of my mom. Hunter, you are a really cool dude, you are fun to be with, and you always put up with me not being nice to most people. Sherry, now there is not that much to say about you other than you are very, very quiet and shy.” he told us, he looked serious when he said every part of it, Angie blushed after hearing what he said about her. We left the room and then continued to do whatever we wanted.

We spent the rest of the day watching t.v. in the captain's quarters and eating in the mess hall. The day was boring except for when we visited Jane in her room, and since we were one a battleship there was nothing to do on a boring day. I admit that we actually pretended to use the anti-aircraft guns to lower our boredom and it actually worked. Playing with the guns was a lot of fun and took a lot off of our minds. Then after our busy day, we went to our quarters and went to sleep so that we would be ready in the morning.

By the time morning came, I looked out to the distance and I could see something that looked familiar. I looked through a pair of binoculars and I was correct about what I saw, in the distance was a couple of Aircraft Carriers, Battleships, Submarines, and some other types of ships. I woke up Angie and Sherry, telling them of what I found on the horizon. They looked excited that we finally reached our destination and that we can meet some more people that our parents knew.

By the time we reached the rest of the fleet, we noticed that compared to some ships we were big, but compared to others we were small. The North Carolina led the fleet into the shores of the Bahamas and we docked at one of the bays of the closest island. Everyone met up to get off of the boat and then we followed the colonels into a massive building that was in the shape of a mix between the Petronas Towers in Malaysia and the Millennium Dome in England. The inside of the building was giant and fancy looking. We met up with a friend that Daniel knew and respected, he was the Admiral of the North Carolina Fleet, we were told to call him Admiral Martinez. Daniel and the Admiral shook hands as they greeted each other, then he introduced us to him.

After a while, we waited for everything to calm down  and took a seat near the back row. Every nation in the world was attending this meeting, and even the third world countries were attending. As we waited for the meeting to begin, we started to discuss what the meeting would be about. As it turns out, there are plans to create a new group for the United Nations and that every country in the world are actually together for its creation. According to the colonels and Daniel, this new group is supposed to be the largest personal group in the entire world, able to be as strong as an army and navy.

The US speaker of the house stepped up to the microphone and introduced the United Nations to the president of the United States. President Colston stepped up and greeted the members of the UN, “Good-afternoon, as you all know I am President Colston. We are gathered here today to discuss matters with the creation of the United Nations Special Task Force or UNSTF. The task force will be the largest personal force in the world, it will consist of soldiers from the army, pilots from the air force, sailors from the navy, and soldiers from the marines. We have chosen to create the UNSTF because of all of the danger in the world. The UNSTF will be the most top secret group, and will handle assassination attempts along with the navy seals. Terrorist groups have been a threat to the nations of our world by committing acts of violence towards our citizens. The recent bombing in Boston, New York was the first terrorist act to occur in that state since the terrorist attacks on September 11th. With every country in danger of terrorists, we have all voted to create a new and improved anti-terrorist group, so we came up with the idea of the UNSTF. Since the UNSTF is a large group, every country will have around 1,000 UNSTF troops to handle the terrorists in combat, and another 400 or so UNSTF members to help operations from their selected UNSTF Bases. As requested by the members of the UN, the main troubles that have to do with the UNSTF will be brought to the new Council. The UNSTF will be split into 13 different divisions, and the leader of each division will be automatically enrolled to be a part of the council. If matters get too out of hand even for the council, it will be brought up to the UN for us to decide what to do in the situation” he said.

The members of the UN agreed and clapped their hands in applause. The thing that shocked me the most was that even the countries that had most of the terrorist groups were agreeing to the UNSTF. Then something else surprised me even more than that, “It has been almost 8 years since Shawn and Crystal Ellis first brung up the idea of the UNSTF, and it has been a tragic moment when their whereabouts became unknown. Ever since the day they had went missing, we are still searching for them in every corner of the planet.  It has came to my knowledge that there are some young ones in here that are related to the Ellis couple” the president said and then pointed in our direction. Then a random member started to say that it is important that we do not take the same path as our parents. This started a large argument between the entire UN.

Everything was settled about an hour later and it was decided that we could follow in our parent’s footsteps, but that we were still too young to actually do any work in the fields of science. We were allowed entrance to any military bases except the ones that are testing something dangerous, unless we had permission.


© 2015 Daniel F.


Author's Note

Daniel F.
This Chapter was just pure random, and I don't remember why I made it end the way it did.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on December 9, 2015
Last Updated on December 9, 2015
Tags: Science Fiction, Crossover, Conflict


Author

Daniel F.
Daniel F.

NC



About
I am somewhat new to writing (or at this point, typing) stories so that I can spread my imagination. I usually write fictional stories (with some Historical Fiction included) that take place in differ.. more..

Writing