One

One

A Chapter by Wabbajack
"

Young Kilren may have finally met the man of her dark dreams. But there's more going on than she could possibly imagine.

"
    A sixteen year old girl walked along a sidewalk in Bourbonnais, Illinois during the middle of the night. She was Caucasian, sleek, beautiful, and dark. Black lipstick and black hair gave contrast to the pale makeup on her face, and her clothing was purely gothic.
    The way she dressed was intentionally seductive, showing off the bounce in her breasts and butt as much as it showed skin. She always had a lot of admirers, but spat in their faces with contempt. None of those weaklings could ever tame her. None would ever be her dark master.
    She often dreamt she would find one, though, a strong man as bloodthirsty and cruel as she was. Late at night when she was alone, images of a vampire falling out of the night sky and onto her front lawn filled her mind. She shivered with pleasure at the thought of a bloodsucker, strong yet gentle.  It may have been a hopeless romantic delusion, but she could live with being insane. The local mental institution knew her well.
    She rounded a corner and walked toward her house, her thoughts lost in a world of sinister fantasy.  As she approached the front gate, a flash of light suddenly blinded her. She brought her hands up in surprise to guard her eyes, but it was gone almost before it had come. Less than a second afterward, she heard a loud thud on the ground and a grunting noise.
    “Blast it!” snarled a voice, “The damned thing just had to spit me out like this and break itself! Now I’m stuck here until the Court builds a stable road, and who knows how long that will take?”
    The girl felt her heart begin to race excitedly. Could this possibly be real? Was her dream somehow coming true down to the last detail? Or had she finally broken the barrier between delusion and hallucination? She tried blinking to get rid of the spots, but she knew it wouldn’t work.
    Out of the corner of her eye she saw him, very vaguely, as he got up and tampered with something on his arm. It was a device of some sort, though she couldn’t tell for the life of her what it was.
    “Greetings and salutations,” she said with a seductive smirk, attempting to eye him directly. The man gave a start at the sound of her voice and formed a ball of energy in his hand. Or was it just the spots she was seeing? She decided it was the former when he positioned himself to attack as if he did have a ball of  energy in his hand.
    “Get back, Dreamer!” he snarled, “You’re power over my life was broken the second I entered your strange world!”
    She was shocked, and not only by the harshness of his words. The more her eyes cleared, the more smitten with him she was.  This was her man, her fantasy, but somehow it was all wrong. It was as if her dream had taken on a life of its own in becoming a reality.  
    The girl began to stammer. “I… I don’t mean… I mean I won’t hurt you.”  She felt him staring into her mind, as if he were looking for something. There was a moment of confusion, on his part or her own she could not say,  and then it was gone.  He made the ball vanish from his palm and resumed a normal posture, his scarlet eyes softening.
    “I’m sorry,” he apologized, “I didn’t realize I would mean something to anyone here. My name is Cethin Garnok. What are you called by?”
    “Kilren…” she replied slowly, “What did you mean by Dreamer?” Garnok offered no response but simply walked away.
    “Hey!” she called, following him into the night, “I asked you a question.”
    “The response to which you wouldn’t understand. Now if you don’t mind, I must find a tavern before sunrise.”
    “Yeah, because we have taverns all over Illinois,” came her sarcastic remark.
    Garnok stopped abruptly and raised an eyebrow. “Then where can I stay?”
***
    She could see him more clearly in the artificial light of her kitchen. His skin was pale, like her make up, only Garnok’s was natural. The sweat glistening on his face would have washed make up away.
    When he brought up a hand to brush back his shaggy black hair, he revealed a pointed ear. He looked at her with retinas that appeared to be filled with blood, and she realized she was staring.
    She blushed and looked back at the open  fridge. “What would you like to drink?” When he didn’t respond she looked back up. He was sitting down now with his hands on his chin, thinking. She closed the door and went to him. “You’re not exactly human.” she said, looking at the strange broken device that was strapped to his arm.
    “No.”
    “So are you an alien then or just a normal vampire?”
    Garnok chuckled. “I suppose I’m both, but not in the sense you’re thinking. I come from someplace far away, yes, but I’m not even from the same universe. In fact, we don’t even call it that, we call it the imvurse.” He looked at her with his piercing red eyes. Piercing her soul, she thought with a shiver. “The imvurse is the Matrix of the Sphere.”
    “What Matrix? What Sphere?” she asked curiously. He was being rather mysterious, on purpose or unintentionally she didn’t know.
    “It’s a long story, one for a rainy day.”
    “Or night, in your case” she pointed out. Garnok laughed, a wonderful sound that made her feel very pleased with herself. There was a certain grimness about him that spoke volumes to her; he was distraught but didn’t want to confront his pain. That was okay though, she decided, because she would help him through it. She was going to heal his heart.
    The moment was interrupted by a loud knock on the door. “Who could that be?” she asked, glancing at her watch. It was 1:20 am.
    “So late at night?” he replied, “It’s likely important. Go ahead and check, I’ll stay out of sight.”
    Kilren got up and answered the door, only to find a badge in her face. “Alex Gorbachev, FBI.”


© 2011 Wabbajack


Author's Note

Wabbajack
Go ahead and point anything out to me, I'm not likely to get offended. Spelling or grammar or punctuation or story structure or whatever, I'm not picky.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I is having trouble writing chapter 2 for this cuz I is writing so much Next October.

Posted 12 Years Ago


How many time must I tell people that reviews are now conversation space? Wabbajack, you need to have a chapter 2....

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oy, you shut it, Jennifer. There's a reason its called the imvurse so that's how it stays.

Posted 12 Years Ago


imvurse doesn't roll of the tongue when i read it Daniel. or to be more specific, my minds tongue. it slows me down. find a different word to put in there or change it up and let me read it again to tell you more. similarly, WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DANIEL!!!!!!!!???????????????? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!?!?

Posted 12 Years Ago


. . . An alien vampire? Hmmm... ( head is filled with images of blood-sucking spaceships ) so... is that what they do with all of the abducted cows? Drain the blood out of them? lol. Awesome, like it lots. Dark, as expected from you, but not near as dark as your other story.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
5 Reviews
Added on October 6, 2011
Last Updated on October 6, 2011


Author

Wabbajack
Wabbajack

Boone, IA



About
I like to write. And other things... I'm not talking about them right now. ITS TIME TO SAVE THE REALM! RESCUE THE DAMSEL! SLAY THE BEAST! ...or die trying. ^^ You know you love the Sheo. Anyone an.. more..

Writing
Mundan Mundan

A Story by Wabbajack