Part V

Part V

A Chapter by Ayza Soza
"

Part V

"

Andrew had seen it all, the entire barbaric execution of the one called Geppetto. He had arrived in the room through the vents a couple minutes before the Russians and Kazaks had entered into the room. In as much disbelief as the executioner’s entourage, Andrew sat in disgust, reeling behind a water heater positioned in the back corner of the room. He had had a conversation with this now dead man moments before the enemy had entered his chamber. His identity had been verified, but any information he had known was not able to be passed on to Andrew.

Waiting a few minutes until he was sure they were gone, Andrew came out from his hiding spot. He walked slowly, in mourning, standing over the body of Geppetto. His mission was to get Geppetto out of here, and if time permitted, to gather intelligence on what the Russians are plotting. Because of Geppetto’s death, the Russian had graciously given Andrew time to gather the information that Geppetto had died to find out.

From beyond the giant metal door, Andrew heard talking. He crouched to the door, and peered out a small window. Coming towards the door were two Russian soldiers, each bearing the same AK-47 he had seen the other guards equipped with. The guns however were not in their hands, but hung from their shoulders with a strap. His pulse raced. Now was his chance to get some answers and get further into what was going on in this place. Andrew stepped back into the darkness, the solitary light still all that was lighting the room. He pulled out the Walther pistol from his left hip and the silencer from the pocket on his leg, joining the two together.

A key entered the door, the tumblers turned and the door moved open. The two Russian guards walked in continuing their conversation in Russian. Andrew crept up behind the last one, taking the pistol in his right hand, jumped on the guard, knocking the guard with the butt of his pistol. The hard impact was strategically chosen at a specific point of the head that would knock him unconscious. The first guard turned around, after hearing a grunt from his comrade, but wasn’t able to react fast enough to grab the gun. Andrew’s pistol was under his chin, his hand clenching at his shirt collar and his comrade lay unconscious on the stone floor.

“Drop the gun,” Andrew ordered the guard. He quickly complied, letting the rifle slide from his shoulder, and rest gently on the floor. “Do you speak English?”

“Yes,” the guard said in broken English, his voice trembling.

“Then tell me what the hell is going on here,” Andrew demanded.

“I don’t know, I don’t know,” the guard repeated, scared from the pistol grazing his chin.

Andrew took the pistol and brought it upside the guard’s head. A cut formed on his cheek, and a trickle of blood flowed like a small stream. “Tell me what you know d****t,” Andrew ordered again.

“I know nothing,” the guard continued trembling. “All we’ve been told was we’re protecting something top secret and to eliminate anyone who should not have access to this building. I swear that’s all I know. Please don’t kill me,” the guard begged for his life.

It occurred to Andrew that this guard was obviously not a rank important enough to be told top secret information. Andrew lowered the pistol but held his hold of the shirt. “Get undressed,” he ordered the guard, an idea forming in his idea.

The guard cooperated, removing his uniform shirt, pants, boots and military cover, laying them on the stone ground. Andrew moved away from him, but returned the pistol in his direction. He stood the chair up that still held his dead comrade to it. He took out his knife, and cut the rope until the body fell out. “Sit down,” he ordered the half naked guard.

The guard, still fearing for his life, complied, and sat in the metal chair. On a work bench against the wall, additional rope could be seen. He tied the guard’s hands and legs to the chair, and gagged him with a piece of the rope that had held his deceased colleague. He pulled the unconscious guard through the pool of blood to the other side of chair. With some more rope, he tied the other guard’s hands behind his back and his legs together, gagging him as well, and left him on the floor.

Andrew began to undress, removing his black spy uniform and the pistols that had accompanied him. He began to redress himself with the guard’s uniform, and reattached the pistols and equipment to himself accordingly, and with ease of convenience. The conscious spy was watching him the entire time. Andrew realized that. He tore a piece of his uniform and turned it into a blindfold for the conscious guard. The leftover uniform was kicked into the shadows of the small room.

Andrew picked up the guard’s AK-47, before proceeding to turn out the light. He left the room, closing the door behind him, leaving the two guards alone in the dark as he continued on with his mission.



© 2009 Ayza Soza


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
Added on July 15, 2009


Author

Ayza Soza
Ayza Soza

Wall Twp, NJ



About
My name is Anthony. I'm 19 years old and am currently a sophomore at High Point University. Let me get this out of the way, I'm horrible with poems; both writing and reviewing. If anyone who writes .. more..

Writing
Part I Part I

A Chapter by Ayza Soza