Part VI

Part VI

A Chapter by Ayza Soza
"

Part VI

"

Andrew navigated through the hallways of “The Fortress” trying to find one scrap of information that could lead him in the direction of where he wants to go. He walked calmly, blending in with the other guards who had come his way. The AK-47 hung from his shoulder, just like the guard he had stolen it from had. He had been trained in knowing Russian military protocol, and knew the ranks of every passing guard. Anytime an officer passed by, he was to salute, until the officer either passed by or returned the salute.

The hallways were bare white, something he had noticed while passing through the ventilation shafts. Windows lined the outer walls of the building that showed the snowy weather outside and the unfortunate guards who were posted in it.

He passed many different rooms, mainly conference rooms, and the occasional laboratory and bathrooms. Nothing, however, seemed to be more important than anything else, nothing out of the ordinary. He remembered back to what he heard the Russian say after executing Geppetto: “Take me to see the program”, which to Andrew set off the signal that there was definitely something being developed here.

The problem was that he seemed to be walking in circles. Everything looked the same throughout the building. It was as if he was walking through a hedge maze.

He heard the sound of quick footsteps behind him. Andrew stayed at his pace trying not to act suspicious or draw attention to himself.

“Sergeant,” he heard behind him from a male voice. Andrew turned around, and quickly noticed the rank on his lapel: Colonel and he quickly saluted. The colonel returned the salute and continued talking, “Come with me please, we need you as a guard for a top secret meeting. Are you up for the task?”

This was the chance Andrew waited for. He impersonated a Russian accent, “Yes, sir.”

“Follow me.” The Colonel turned around and began walking, with Andrew close in tow. Andrew recognized the Colonel as one of the men that was with the Russian who killed Geppetto. The Colonel led him to a blank wall, which held a hidden identification unit. The Colonel swiped his I.D. badge in front of it and a section of the wall moved in and to the right behind the outer part of the wall.

“A hidden room,” Andrew exclaimed to himself. Inside the room were four scientists, three male and one female as well as another guard.

The Colonel he had followed into the room went to speak with the female scientist. In her hand was a manila folder, which she handed to one of the male scientists. He watched the mannerisms of all the room’s occupants, and was wondering what was to come next.

The Colonel returned to him. “That scientist,” he pointed to the man with the manila folder, “is caring a very valuable program in that folder. This transaction is very important. You are to keep a look out for anything suspicious, and should events occur that could threaten our meeting, you are to get the materials to safety. Understand?”

“Yes, sir.”

Pleased, the Colonel turned towards the female scientist, “We’re ready when you are, Doctor.”



© 2009 Ayza Soza


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

200 Views
Added on July 15, 2009


Author

Ayza Soza
Ayza Soza

Wall Twp, NJ



About
My name is Anthony. I'm 19 years old and am currently a sophomore at High Point University. Let me get this out of the way, I'm horrible with poems; both writing and reviewing. If anyone who writes .. more..

Writing
Part I Part I

A Chapter by Ayza Soza