My frostbite love

My frostbite love

A Poem by No one
"

A chance encounter

"

I saw her just the other day. I was lost in her city. She looked exhausted and confused, but she still looked so damn pretty. I said, "I'm doing mighty fine."

    She said, "I can still tell when you're lying. And I  know you're lying. Even after all this time..."

    I said, "It's strange so many years haven't changed your face. Tragedies have come and gone without leaving a trace."

She said, "It takes a lot longer now to put on my makeup. And last night I told myself, I never want to wake up. But last night seems so long ago. Let's just hold hands here in the snow. And no one will ever need to know. No place has ever felt more like home. I don't care if the whole world explodes. Let's just hold hands here in the snow..."

© 2008 No one


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the mystery you plopped the reader into, like this is a scene in the middle of a story...a little teaser leaving the reader wanting more. I find myself wanting to know how the people got here, where were they before, what had they meant to each other, and where are they going now. Very effective, evocative little tease that's begging to tell its secrets.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is an interesting piece.
I really like how you fused your poem into
a new idea of a duet without the person
actually contributing other than from memory.

I enjoyed the lines,
""She said, "I can still tell when you're lying.""
and
""I said, "It's strange so many years haven't changed your face. Tragedies have come and gone without leaving a trace.""

The feelings flowing from just one small conversation between two....
Cause one to wonder of their past...of the memories shared and words spread thick..

I truly did enjoy this write.
Thanks for sharing.

ps) the comment from E York - her words came close to my relation to this poem.

~*AC*~

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

one word.... BEAUTIFUL!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so touching - what a chance encounter with someone known before and what beautiful words to speak after having been seperated. Thank you.
Light,
Siddartha


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you for the picture you painted with this piece. Ill be thinking of it all over evening.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It very clever how you crafted your words together. Metaphorically beautiful=)

(No place has ever felt more like home) Indeed, to hold ones hand and feel completely at home...love doesn't get any better than that=)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Once I fell in love with a woman. It was all-consuming. She was the other piece of my soul, the white chiffon, the rich cakes and too-strong liquor.

Then, she left me for this man.

It wasn't long after that that I saw her again. But she wasn't what I remembered. She had changed; she had aged. She wasn't the woman that I remembered her being. It was like someone reached up and took the blindness from my eyes, and I was able to see what she really was.

Your poem was my dream. I just wanted her to come back to me. I never wanted the memory of her to go, but it did. The snow melted.

We held hands, but the snow melted.

Now, I still can't get her out of my mind. It's been awhile since I've seen her now, but I still think of her. My mind still clings to the part of her that once was, but is no more. "Let's hold hands in the snow." I'm not sure if she let go or if it was me.

Either way, spring's come and winter's gone, but even though the season's have changed, my heart still feels the same.

Love this poem.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful. It creates an awesome image in my mind. Just what I needed today to. Wickedtascular job ^^!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely written. Keep up the good work.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love how it has so many forms. Its written in paragraphs like a story, yet it rhymes like a poem and reads like a song. :-) You did a wonderful job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There is something incredibly sentimental about deja vu types scenarious and your poem reflects them well, that dialogue of old and new, weaving in and out of our perceptions of time and how relationships hold their own energy...

Nice job, good for free-association, that's for sure.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

814 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on April 10, 2008
Last Updated on April 17, 2008

Author

No one
No one

Montreal



About
"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself." Leo Tolstoy * * * * .. more..

Writing
The Seer's Tent The Seer's Tent

A Story by No one



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..