Gumball Baskets

Gumball Baskets

A Poem by The Warrior Poet
"

I wrote this specifically for the Picture contest in the group Picture This!

"

Gumball Baskets

 

Plastic baskets in the sky,

Carrying people to and fro,

Dangling on piano wire,

Above the carnival far below.

 

Dangling my legs from a bright red gumball,

Wondering how some rides can go SO slow

On a Ferris Wheel that’s been broken and stretched out,

Traversing the earth like a horizontal Yo-Yo.

© 2010 The Warrior Poet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This short little diddy makes me wonder about the person whose "dangling my leegs from a bright red bumball". It has such a carefree vibe, so nonchalant. So I'm wondering is this person just passing time,waiting on a lover perhaps, or some friends down below? It's amazing how this ferris wheel has been streched out and moving SO slow...and though it seems that this peson doesn't want to be there...they definately have put some deep thought into the mechanics. Just rambling...great write, thought provoking.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A veritable little sweet shop of colourful imagery is brought to mind in this poem. The title anchors to the poem and therefore to the image almost literally in its impression, and the concept created is rather effective. It is quite a playful piece, and has a dainty amusement about it which makes the whole entertaining and enjoyable. It is clear that the image has been considered well, and what has been seen is concisely and neatly delineated, providing a brightly detailed representation of that image as though paring down each identified part.
A very pleasing, sort of dancing poem, and good fun to read.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 6, 2010
Last Updated on November 6, 2010

Author

The Warrior Poet
The Warrior Poet

NJ



About
I am a combat veteran paratrooper and I've been writing since 1984. I was chosen by my English teacher as good candidate for Creative Writing and had to get a waiver to get into the class because my .. more..

Writing