Struggle for Balance: Legend of Aluna and Adwin

Struggle for Balance: Legend of Aluna and Adwin

A Chapter by Storyteller of Dimensions
"

Another of my story that was part of my stories that placed in the 20 best voted pieces in National competition. It's also one of the central points of SfB series.

"

        

In the beginning they were one, Aluna, Adwin and by them their dark sides Karun and Khae. Aluna and Adwin had lots of children and so lightened the sky. They were light and hope, meanwhile Karun a Khae were darkness and despair. Karun was jealous of Alunu and her connection with Adwin, she draw her sword and split Alunu and Adwin, wanting Adwin only for herself. But, when she tried to attack surprised Aluna, Adwin defy her. They engaged in merciless battle.

Aluna saw that there is no stopping of this battle. So she started her song, in support of her other half. Adwin joined in the song and soon it was a battle of music. Karun was making everything to divide Aluna’s and Adwin’s voices. Even Khae came to her aid, but too late they understood that light and hope cannot be separated, that they cannot exist without each other. If the light is vanquished, soon hope seizes to exist; if hope dies, the fire of light will die almost instantly. Karun and Khae filled themselves with anger and wanted nothing more than destruction of their opposites.

Aluna’s and Adwin’s song was like a fire. Full of hope, light and love. Against was Karun’s and Khae’s song, which was like stormy sea attempting to vanquish that flame. Still nothing could kill the golden fire, protected by love. The inevitable came. Collision. All were separated by the force of the collision.

In the middle of the disaster Aluna’s and Adwin’s children became suns and had children of their own, so came to live even our world Ealia. When everything settled, from distance came Aluna’s song calling for her second half. Adwin answered with the same call. Both followed each other’s voice, searching for each other between their children and Karun and Khae’s void.

Karun and Khae thought they won, but they were wrong. Till Aluna and Adwin could hear each other in distance, recognize each other, their flame lived on. The battle was renewed.

Karun and Khae launched in-between Aluna’s and Adwin’s children, spreading darkness and despair. A long time passed till they all found each other, their paths crossed on Ealia. A fearless battle raged. The earth was shaking and cracking. The skies burned and yelled in agony. And there under the fire of light and hope Karun and Khae were defeated. Thou defeated Aluna and Adwin did not set the final blow. They knew very well that Karun and Khae are their dark opposites and without them there could be no balance and without balance there could not be peace nor anything good for that matter.

Karun and Khae were sent into the distant darkness, that their song has created, but the lurked near the light, containing with their evil the balance between light and darkness. They waited till they regain their former power, for the hour of their return.

Aluna and Adwin children of their children and the pain that Karun and Khae sprinkle in them. Aluna dropped a tear. The tear fell to the ground and on the spot where it hit the ground a beautiful white tree grew and its blossoms into the distance and children of their children, lured, came to look on the unseen beauty.

In that time long ago Aluna and Adwin decided and descended between children of their children to undo what evil, from Karun and Khae, they could and ready them for their return. They knew well, that as much powerful as they were, that they could not escape dead as it’s the fate of all things. They also knew that Karun and Khae will resist death with all their might and so in result live longer then they will. Yet they did not fear time or death as they knew, that it’s the fate of all things and nothing can escape the ceaseless circle. They readied the children for the upcoming darkness as best as they could. They also knew that one day two with similar hearts and powers, as they, shall rise between the children of their children. From that time there is numerous legends, thou important they have no big importance in the legend of Aluna and Adwin, thee had have a large impact on stories of others.

One day Aluna and Adwin shall be reborn, it won’t be really them, they will only lend their hope and light to the two. With that news on their lips Aluna and Adwin abandon their bodies. They left behind them crying children that impatiently waited for their heirs, that born between them shall be. But they were not coming and their believe, started fading, as only Aluna’s tree was standing as remembrance of lost times and that what was about to come.

That time Karun and Khae returned from theirs exile, once again spreading their darkness. Only the most fateful could stand against that evil. Long time they resisted and one by one were failing leaving only few shining islands of hope in the middle of darkness. Those never stopped hoping that one day messiah will come. And in the time when hope was scarce Aluna’s tree blossomed.

Nobody knew how to explain it, but most believed that Adwin’s and Aluna’s heir will soon come. Long after the celebration seized, there was no word of a heir. When the hope started to stumble Aluna’s tree blossomed for the second time.

Again there were celebrations, but not as many as the first time. Fear of getting their celebrations and hopes unfulfilled struck them, still it was a light moment of happiness, light and hope in-between darkness and fear. Now there was wait for the right moment, before Aluna’s and Adwin’s heirs were found and banish Karun, Khae and their darkness.

But Karun and Khae knew ahead of their end and about coming of their heirs. So they readied everything for coming of their heirs and were chopping trees into the road of Aluna’s and Adwin’s heirs. Traps and manipulations, that were reaching deeper than anyone could imagine. Lies and poisons, whose magnificent smell could destroy them. The heirs of Aluna and Adwin did not know what was expected from them. Nothing was written for them in stars. They could wander all the roads.

Only if they trip and fall, only then the rapids river called “fate” shall swallow them. Soon they shall rise and walk theirs roads. Surely they will meet along the way. Only the meeting is set. With what will they arrive and what will come from this meeting. Nobody can foresee. We can only hope. Hope in that they will restore the balance between light and dark, good and bad, hope and despair. Nothing is set in stone. Everything depends on choices that everybody makes. Road that you choose… or create.

 



© 2009 Storyteller of Dimensions


Author's Note

Storyteller of Dimensions
In the beginning they were one - is the most misunderstood sentence in the text. Hope you get it...
Tip: Yin and Yang

I did my best at translating it from Czech, but if you see spelling mistakes or other grammar error (and they are most likely there), please send me rather an PM than writing it down here. Thank you!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

383 Views
Added on April 1, 2009
Last Updated on April 3, 2009


Author

Storyteller of Dimensions
Storyteller of Dimensions

About
As you read my writing you probably notice soon that I'm not a native English speaker (I'm Czech), but I'm doing my best and I appreciate you feedback on the story side of my works while I'll work on .. more..

Writing