Embrace Me

Embrace Me

A Poem by Enigma

You lift your pencil and write love on the paper.

You take a pen and draw hearts along the lines, tracing onto the table.

It’s hard to say what you’re thinking about, suffocating my own mind when I try.

You smile and the world looks twice.

I gave you the world but you refused, speaking with a shushed tone.

“If I owned the world, what would I gain?” You asked me, a soft giggle escaping.

I walked through the trees and you danced around.

You danced and flowers bloomed, greeting you with vibrant colors.

I wasn’t your type and you understood that.

You laughed at my emotions, causing bystanders look twice at you.

The world turned and you where along for the ride. Not a care if the world.

“It’s was a game of checkers” you’d say to me.

We’d sit under the stars, watching the glistening features of the pitch black background.

The crescent moon was your favorite, making you smile.

Stars grew brighter watching you smile.

I sat a nervous wreck, listening to you speak slowly.

“Checkers make up the world. You make a move, paying attention to the outcome. Not paying attention can end the whole game, then you start over.”

You’d chuckle, laying along the soft damp grass.

© 2013 Enigma


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"We’d sit under the stars, watching the glistening features of the pitch black background.

The crescent moon was your favorite, making you smile.

Stars grew brighter watching you smile.

I sat a nervous wreck, listening to you speak slowly."

It is always commendable to embrace those moments of magic . In a game of checkers there will be a winner and a loser. In love , it can be either one or both...A splendid read and write...:)........


Posted 10 Years Ago


I like this snippet of a scene. I wonder if her actions are speaking louder than her words. I thought more of a game of chess than checkers, she being the queen and which piece would the man don? Two small suggestions- word changes:

causing bystanders look twice at you.- add to to this so it reads causing bystanders to look twice at you.

The world turned and you where along for the ride.- change where to were I think.

It's a wonderful poem and I adore the ending:

Checkers make up the world. You make a move, paying attention to the outcome. Not paying attention can end the whole game, then you start over.”

You’d chuckle, laying along the soft damp grass.


The world turned and you where along for the ride.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 3, 2013
Last Updated on November 3, 2013
Tags: Pomes, Poetry, Romance, Random, Life, Philosophy, New, Old, Metaphorical, Metaphors, Love, Peace

Author

Enigma
Enigma

SC



About
I was never meant to be, so why am I still here? more..

Writing
Tea Tea

A Poem by Enigma


Locked Locked

A Poem by Enigma