Prolouge

Prolouge

A Chapter by Enigma

PROLOUGE:

“What is it you wanted from me exactly miss? I’m a very busy person you know.. and I don’t have much time to chat with just anyone who walks into my office.” he grunted. Giving her the quick one-two look over he twitched his left eye aggravated and wrapped his fingers around a pen. Adjusting her skirt she smiled briefly scanning the surrounding room, her lips pressed together neatly she stared onwards thinking her words through.

“I just wanted to interview you… that’s all.” she smiled. She pulled her sleeve upwards smoothly and removed a small hair tie, before collecting the bunch of her loose blonde strands and tied them securely atop her head and reach into her purse to retrieve a small pad and a pen. She moved her chair a bit closer to his desk. With ahe wood sliding firm against the floor a sharp shriek of the two woods alarmed the man for a short moment. He sat up a bit more in his chair, nervously clicking the butt of the pen against a stack of papers resting before him. She scanned the words neatly before scribbling down a few words. Checking his watch for a short second he pursed his lips and said “Miss, I really-” but was cut short. Before he could give an honest reaction her fingers were clenched around his neck, gripping the worn flesh easily, and his entire figure was thrown against the desk. The chair that previously held him was completely toppled over, and the woman was now halfway on top of him

He released a baffled scream and struggled to get her off. Clearing his throat he gurgled a quick swear and found himself at ends meet. She grinned and grabbed for a shiny object in the pocket of her skirt. Pulling out a clean scalpel she brushed the dull end lightly against the fat man's scruff. He was struggling no more. Beads of grease and sweat collecting on his forehead he started to whimper and shake nervously against a stack of papers. He aggressively tried to shake away from the blade but it only forced in an incision against his bare skin.

"I just want to interview you..." she whispered.

* * *

“So what kind of sick b*****d kills his own boss, and then leaves a sickening mess just like that?” Agent Prescott hovered over the mangled body in wonder letting his greasy finger trace across the front of his lower lip. His brow arched high atop his head as he scanned the mess that was the body. There was blood trickling out of his mouth -that was stuffed with paper- that seemed to for a deep pool next to his skull. He was flipped onto his back slightly and had a knife sticking out of his throat. His hands were balled into fist and his eyes were wide with shock, skin pale, hair a mess. Bloody papers and pencils were spread out across the room, a broken chair, another flipped on it’s side.

“I’m assuming the paper was a bad attempt at suppressing any struggling shouts..” Lauren, the head investigator and chief gave a short joke. Prescott flashed her a dense smile and then circled around the desk to get a better view. Several other investigating staff and local cops were surrounding the premises and questioning various employee’s at the office. Crouched down to examine the floor, Agent Davis grunted hard and slicked back his hair quickly squinting towards the various scuff marks and walls. No windows. No other doors. Just an air duct and broken ceiling pannels.

What a case.

“There are a lot of scuff marks on the floor, a blood trail.. after that most of the evidence disappears. None of the DNA collected seems to match anyone in the office except a man named Sawyer Lytham… but.. eh. Still only a suspect.” Davis muttered propping an elbow against his knee. Prescott bit down hard on the inside of his lip and turned to Lauren, who was tracing some type of birthmark on her upper bicep. She stared hard at Davis before giving notice to Prescott, who was flashing a reassuring smile.

“Got any ideas.”

“Give me a few hours and I’ll have something I promise you.” She said with a smug grin. She would always find something the boys missed no matter what the case was. Looking from Davis to the wall she squinted silently and pursed her lips. She just stared.



© 2014 Enigma


Author's Note

Enigma
Personally, not a big fan on the ending bit of this but I'll fix it later. I'm more focused on the rest of it. First drafts are always messy Enjoy xo

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on May 30, 2014
Last Updated on May 30, 2014


Author

Enigma
Enigma

SC



About
I was never meant to be, so why am I still here? more..

Writing
Tea Tea

A Poem by Enigma


Locked Locked

A Poem by Enigma