Along the River's Side

Along the River's Side

A Chapter by Michaela Maloney

         I wondered how much longer we were to travel before making camp. The boy had fallen asleep in the sattle in front of me. I slightly held him to make sure that he would not be sliding off. Mr. Tomalando was on the other side of the group thus I could not whisper to him about why we were being redirected from the market. My eyes became tired from the long day and I was ready to call it quits. I was hoping that any minute the leader would pull the pack over so that we may rest for the night but still he did not which made me slightly angry. Not only did Ragweed need to rest but the horses seemed as tired as him. I suddently heard the sound of music. It had been the market that I was trying to travel to. I saw the lights and knew why we had not stopped, because they were waiting for the confort of the market. If we had stopped earlier, we would have been with whatever destroyed my neighbors. I knew their decision was wise. We walked into the interior of the market. It seemed as if we were getting close to the very center. We found a small group of people waiting for us. They had already constructed a tent and a fire was at a blaze cooking rabit stew.

       "Good to see you Will."

       "Yeah, spagatorin"

      The man then looked to me and gave a slight smile not one of greating but one of dismiss as if he did not want me there and to be honest I would have rather have been left behind then to have walked so far in the dark. The horses were put in the stables as I released Ragweed from the straps. He followed me back to the tent as I carrier the boy. a man walked in front of me and I stared at him blankly.

      "Will you be sleeping with Will?"

      "No!"

      "I thought that since you were with his child that..."

      "One this is not my child. Two me and Will are not that way"

      "Oh I apologise Miss"

      "Apology excepted"

      I never realized what "Will" and I appeared to be especially with the little boy. I then remembered that other members from my village would be here and I excused myself form the conversation and went on a hunt to find them. They were on the far side of the market and it took me a while to find them. I told them the situation and they decided to take on the child, because they were going to embark upon the journey to return to the village. I wished them luck and returned to the tents in the center of the market. The man was still waiting for me which was rather wierd at least to me.

        "I set you up a bunk in Will's tent"

        "Thank you"

        I wondered in and found my place. Ragweed slept outside the tent. I felt uncomfortable with Will being so close to me while we slumbered. If we had stopped on the road, I would have forced him a certain distance away from me, but because of the limited space he was only a few inches away. I laid down and watched as Will slept. His face was emotionaless. His black hair was pulled back out of his face except for one or two curles. He was of a hansom quality, but from what I had learned that day there was a very slim chance that him and I would ever be.



© 2008 Michaela Maloney


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on May 13, 2008


Author

Michaela Maloney
Michaela Maloney

Grovetown, GA



About
I love to hear what people think. I love to hear opinions even if they are different from my own. I am here to make friends and enjoy the readings. more..

Writing