Prolog

Prolog

A Chapter by Starcaller
"

A battle between Humans and Zoid unfolds but they fail to save the world of Rey-Desha...

"

“Sir they outnumber us three to one we can’t hold them back from the settlement” I scream into the communicator as we start retreating to the settlement. “You had better hold your ground soldier.” I look frantically all around. “I’m sorry…” “Soldier…Soldier! Do you read me! Hold that position!” I looked back for a second but retreat back with what was left of our division. Most of us are raw recruits I don’t know why they sent raw recruits out here…expendable he said…we are the expendable…

 

I look around desperately for what is left of my division and the others. My superiors are lying dead on there backs making me the highest ranked in my division. With only three hundred hours of ground simulation training I was poorly prepared…we where all poorly prepared. The only one left with real experience was Commander Daniels and she just disappeared a few minutes ago.

 

I look to the smoky, ash filled sky trying to clear my head when someone pushes me into one of the trenches as an explosion goes off nearby. The young man looks at me appalled “What are doing! Standing out there like some crazy scientist!” I laugh at his joke since I am part of the science division meant to be medics and do recon. He smiles a little and helps me up. “Name is J.J Walker current leader of the Legionary Division…but that instant promotion won’t do me any good if I die so we better get out of here.”

 

As we head for the base set up in sector four a grenade flies into the trench and goes off. I see J.J running towards me (since I obviously can’t out run a soldier) and my blood seeping into the earth. I try to tell him I’m okay but all that comes out is some blood and a groan. I try to grab onto the side of the trench to pull myself up when something blinds me and I fall back down. I try to open my eyes but can’t see and feel him lean down trying to pick me up. “Put me down Walker!” I cry in frustration. “No way Mrs. Noname I got orders to round up what’s left of us…besides your way to fun.” He laughs.

 

My eyes suddenly open to bright lights overhead. “Oh my gosh…am I dead.” I look around but everywhere I turn I just see the bright lights. Then I hear his voice “I hope not…My intention was to bring you back alive.” I laugh a little to myself. “Where am I Walker?” He pauses for a moment. “Well… we are back on the Station.” I try to lean up but something pushes me back down. “Not yet…their not done with your eyes.” I start noticing the other voices, the scatter of feet, and quiet hum of an engine.

 

“What’s…What’s going on?” I ask nervously “Ok so I would guess you where out about four days but while on world you where hit with some form of flash dust…this form has required…some surgery but since I am so great at my job you really shouldn’t be able to tell.” I recognize the other voice “Kelly…glad you made it.” “Yeah, yeah so am I. Anyway things should start coming into focus in about an hour.” “I have to wait an hour for these bad boys to work!” I exclaim as I point at my eyes. “Yeah pretty much. Night night.” “Wait. What!” My arm starts to hurt as I feel the needle pierce my skin.

 

“Astrid…wakey wakey.” I jolt up and regret it as my side starts bleeding. “Astrid!” She exclaims as she sets me back down into my bed. “My gosh Jess.” I grimace “Why don’t people tell me I have stitches! I can see!” I squeal. “yeah they finished bout an hour or two ago with that…oh that reminds me we have to report to the major…for a council meeting in like two hours.” I sit there silently for a moment. “What happened?”

 

Two hours later…

 

“The council has decided” The matron says calmly looking at us with a bleak expression. “The battle master has decided that…as punishment for your actions on Rey-Desha you are all… all exiled.” She claims. I watch her astonished at our harsh punishment for not winning an unwinnable world. “Your commanders will be given instructions later today regarding how your sentence will be carried out.”  Her eyes fill with tears but she retreats back to her place among the council and the velvet curtains close after her. The many voices of all those left from Rey-Desha sound throughout the large hall as the elite guard enter and begin clearing us out and sending us to our quarters.



© 2012 Starcaller


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on February 5, 2012
Last Updated on February 5, 2012


Author

Starcaller
Starcaller

Moreno Valley, CA



About
Hello everyone, I've been away for an incredibly long time (like what a year and a half or two, yikes). I've actually wanted to get back on here for awhile now. I'm going to do my best to catch up on .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Starcaller


Character's Character's

A Chapter by Starcaller