All or Nothing

All or Nothing

A Chapter by WilliamClark
"

Chapter One

"
I just started to close my eyes when suddenly BOOM. I immediately sat up in my seat and regained control of the airplane. Another explosion vibrated the ship as I looked out the window. "anti aircraft munitions, manage two o'clock level" our wing commander said. The plane started to tilt to the right, we are trained to take evasive menouvers by changing the aircrafts altitude every so often, this way, the anti aircraft guns couldn't zero in on you before you changed positions. The rule generally was to change positions one second for every one thousand feet you were high. A shell exploded right in front of us as we flew through the cloud of smoke and derbies left behind. I was thrusted back into my seat as the pilot made a radical turn downwards in an attempt escape the sporadic gunfire. It seemed alright for a second until one of our right engines combusted. The aircraft started to tilt right wards as our pilot was fighting with the throttle to regain control. A burst of munitions pierced through the the rear cabin and briefly illuminated the entire plain. "Pilot to gunner, enemy interceptors" our pilot shouted. The rear gunner immediately started firing around back, the plane shot up from the underside of the plane shooting flak in the left cabin. The side gunner immediately started firing back. Shell casings were bouncing around the plane. I closley watched as the needle on the altitude guage fell, we were rapidly losing altitude, the pilot increases the aircraft's speed to full throttle, he pointed the nose of the plane downwards. We were heading towards the ground, as pilot struggled to keep the plane airborne. We were sailing just meters off the ground at speeds excess of six hundred miles per hour. The pilot made an attempt to slow the plane by activating the air brakes, he lowered the landing gear, but it broke off the airplane. The glass cockpit exploded under the immense speeds and pressure, shooting shards of glass into the faces of the crew. The left wing snapped off, sending the plane smashing into the ground. We were knocked out of our seats, when the plane dug into the ground and finally came to a halt. I felt light headed and disorientated, the pilot, the co-pilot, and the gunner were all unconscious.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 


© 2016 WilliamClark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

All action in this piece and you got my attention straight away. It seems quite short for a chapter and maybe would work better as the prologue for your book? When is it set (or does that come out in later chapters?). Can I suggest you get a pilot to assist with some of the technical terms? Unless this is a marine aircraft, the wings are port and starboard not left and right. Aviators refer to aircraft - not planes. Looking forward to reading on!

Posted 7 Years Ago


This is a very well written section of your book! i cant wait to see more!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 27, 2016
Last Updated on June 2, 2016