WHO ARE WE? - A One Page Essay

WHO ARE WE? - A One Page Essay

A Story by Willys Watson

WHO ARE WE? - A One-Page Essay

We are females or males, brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, aunts and uncles, cousins, friends, neighbors, coworkers and often strangers.

We are farmers, clerks, construction workers, truck or taxi of bus drivers, doctors and nurses, mechanics and electricians, military personal, first responder personal, accountants or in many hundreds of other vocations. And, sadly, there many who want to work but can’t find work and are unemployed. 

We come in many sizes, heights, shapes, ages and sometimes skin variations. 

Many of us believe in a Creator and show our faith in different ways. Those who don’t believe in a specific Creator still want to be respected for their own beliefs. Our own US Constitution was written to separate the church from the state and we should all be allowed to believe in our faith, whatever our faith is, without government interference. 

What most of us want from life is to have our basic needs filled: a steady job that allows us to buy a home or pay rent, our utility bills paid on time, healthy food to put on our tables and enough money left over to put in savings accounts. And good schools for those of us who have children. And with or without children we need affordable health care and we want to live in neighborhoods where we can feel safe.

Every one of us who are legal US citizens want to be proud of our country and want our elected officials to represent us and not special interest groups. And we want our elected officials to be as honest and moral as possible so we can be proud of those who represent us. And no matter what our political views are, we should expect, even demand, basic honesty and integrity from those we elect to office, 

And I  believe most of us are pretty decent people who want to live out our lives in at least a minimum of amount comfort.

© 2024 Willys Watson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on February 15, 2024
Last Updated on February 15, 2024
Tags: Essay, Americanss, School, Work, Honesty, Faith, Jobs, Homes

Author

Willys Watson
Willys Watson

Los Angeles, CA



About
Writer, Artist, Scalawag. more..

Writing