I MISS

I MISS

A Poem by Windy
"

Thinking of people & things and days gone by...

"

I MISS

 

I Miss my MOM (12/22-05/02)

My baseball buddy

the phone would ring

between each inning

 

I Miss my Sister (10/50-5/79)

She was so funny

she'd try to make

off with my dates

and would have got many

 

I Miss being little

Sitting on my daddy's knee

he always made me feel

better whatever my need

 

I Miss my kids being young

They're all grown now

gone with lives of 

their own

 

I Miss going shopping

Just for something to do

but with gas prices so high

well that's through too 

 

I Miss my husband

though we're only a

few hours apart

that's just to far

at least for my heart

 

I Miss life being easy

I Miss life being cheap

I Miss playing

I Miss working

I Miss being pain free

I Miss who I used to be

before I got hurt and

turned into "ME"

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Windy


Author's Note

Windy
Feeling sad, lonely and a bit sorry for myself I guess.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I miss my granny, and my son, and my life that I had before, but, you know what, it will be okay because whatever it is now, it is better than nothing at all. They say everything happens for a reason and, on that note, "they" are correct. If we had not lost the things and the people that we have lost in our lives, then we wouldn't truly appreciate the things and the people that we have now.

Great write. Good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very sad. You penned the feeling of loneliness so well.
Its the little precious things in life we seem to miss most of all.

Thank you for sharing and submitting this my my "Loneliness" contest.

~ Helena ~

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh how the time goes so fast... why does it seem when we are down is when we miss the past the most... a bittersweet piece on life and loneliness... I really enjoyed it alot and know the feeling all to well.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
I like how u write about ppl who have meant something to u in ur life....usually the Missing poems about long distance lovers and lovers lost etc...
and about the person u used to be...u still are that person...yes we change...but also still the same..If u get that ull know u dont need to feel down about u no more.. :-)

x,
O!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How sad :(

There are so many things I miss, but so many more that I have now and plenty more to look forward to.

You definitely have a way with words though that I envy.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Is'nt it funny how the grass always looks greener on the other side? When we spend our lives always looking to the future we can sometimes loose sight of the beauty of the present. When we were young , we longed to grow up. Now grown we miss the simplicity of being young. I seem to remember being young and dreading adulthood. I believe that past hardships in life sculpt us into who we were meant to be. Many should take the time to "smell the roses" so to speak. I enjoyed the peppering of rhyme and when you give your recognition to those who have passed. In your poem you look back on what is missed and your longing for old self is very brave to unearth before your peers. This shows that you are a humble and respectable person in my book.
Peace

Mr. Lopez

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Dug
Sometimes I wish I could go back in time to when I was a kid and wouldn't understand what your poem meant.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, i can relate to this plenty. I wish for so much, too. Especially I wish to start my life over again, and to make it better than what it is now. Very emotional and very touching. I felt every word. Beautiful write. As for those damn gas prices tho, they can kiss my a*s lol!

B.A.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love
"I Miss being little

Sitting on my daddy's knee

he always made me feel

better whatever my need"
I think we all miss little things like that.
Great poem!
Lauren

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

very sad..but very real...i really enjoyed it,had to caught myself a few times,it made me start to miss some of the things in my life:-)....great job windy..keep it up..and always smile..what doesnt kill us,can only make us strong my friend.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I think we all have those days were things just seem to get us down and keep us down, but we make it through them, and at the end of the day, we realize things get better and loved ones past aren't really gone forever, and that their memories will love on within us forever....

As for the gas prices...
-mumbles unmentionables-

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

520 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 17, 2008
Last Updated on August 30, 2008

Author

Windy
Windy

AR



About
I'm married to an amazing man that also happens to be a writer! My heart belongs with him, our children and our grandchildren, they are all amazing. This is an "outlet" for me. I am not a w.. more..

Writing
What What

A Poem by Windy


Dissarray Dissarray

A Poem by Windy



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


REAL LIFE REAL LIFE

A Poem by Windy


FORBIDDEN FORBIDDEN

A Story by Windy