Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Storm K.
"

in which Kyra makes a bad decision

"

With gold coins clinking in her pocket and feeling much more confident than she had in the morning, Kyra walked across the village square and over to the water pump set in a wall to have a drink. It was just then that she heard loud female voices chatting to each other, and turned her head to see who the voices belonged to. A group of girls were walking past her, unaware of Kyra’s existence. There were about eight of them raging from ten to fifteen years old, and some were carrying baskets with food or flowers in them.

Kyra recognised a few of the girls from the orphanage, though had never really got to know anyone there " thanks to Fionn, who’d threatened anyone who ever tried to make friends with her. Curiosity winning over caution, Kyra decided to tag along with the girls and see what they were talking about. She left the water pump and stealthily slipped in on the edge of the cluster as the girls walked along, without anyone glancing her way. The girls were too wrapped up in their conversation to notice her.

“…Told me she’s been gone for about a week now,” an older girl with a ginger braid was saying.

“What did she do? Run away?” asked a younger girl, chubby cheeked and blue eyed. Kyra frowned, not entirely grasping what they were talking about. She hadn’t noticed that the girls were walking back towards the very building she had no intention of visiting.

“Yep; Deidre was on wake up duty and went into the dormitory " empty bed, no note, clothes gone, food stolen from the pantry…”

The older girl was talking again, the others gasping in awe and shock around her, but Kyra had stopped listening. They’re talking about me, she suddenly realised, and glanced behind her to try and break away from the group. A laugh stopped her; it was high and cruel, coming from just around the corner. The girls stopped and Kyra halted with them, staring as Fionn and Deidre appeared from an alley, arm in arm.

“Good riddance,” Fionn spat, having heard the girls’ conversation. “You lot are late. Been too busy gossiping, have you?”

“Sorry, Fionn,” the ginger-haired girl apologised, “I was just telling the others-”

“Fionn, how did Kyra run away?” asked the young blue-eyed girl, cutting across the soft-spoken ginger and making Fionn narrow her eyes at her enemy’s name. Fionn crouched down to the young girl’s level and tucked a stray strand of black hair behind the girl’s ear for her.

“Easy,” she murmured with a wicked smile. “Kyra simply got up and walked out the front door.” With that, Fionn got to her feet and threw her head back to laugh coldly, golden blonde locks cascading down her back. Deidre followed suit, the young black-haired girl giggled, and the rest of them tittered nervously. Kyra pressed her lips together and tried to swallow her heart after it had miraculously made its way to her throat. I need to get out of he-

“Even that dog is smart enough to know that no one wants her. She finally got the hint,” Fionn sighed with a smile, then turned her mahogany eyes on the ginger girl again. 

“Enid, who’s your friend?” Fionn asked, nodding her head in Kyra’s direction.

All eyes focused on Kyra and she suddenly found herself frozen to the spot. Kyra knew the only thing she should do at this moment was run the other way before someone raised the alarm, but her legs refused to move. A murmur had begun amongst the girls like the buzzing of angry bees and Fionn tilted her head, noticing something was amiss. The ginger girl " Enid’s - voice rose above the mutter of voices, sealing Kyra’s fate.

“I… I don’t know who that is.”

 



© 2013 Storm K.


Author's Note

Storm K.
hope you enjoyed this, more coming soon :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Just a short one, but I love it :) the same as the other two posts, I love the detail and hoe it is written. I am really curious to see what happens next. Just look over your work there are extra quotation marks, but that is all I noticed :)
Keep going!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Storm K.

11 Years Ago

Thanks! :D



Reviews

Just a short one, but I love it :) the same as the other two posts, I love the detail and hoe it is written. I am really curious to see what happens next. Just look over your work there are extra quotation marks, but that is all I noticed :)
Keep going!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Storm K.

11 Years Ago

Thanks! :D
Yes, I enjoyed it very much. And nice cliff-hanger. I'm curious to see how Kyra gets out of this situation. You have a great way handling details and I like your writing style. I can't wait to read more. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Storm K.

11 Years Ago

yay! Thank you :)
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

You're welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 11, 2013
Last Updated on January 11, 2013
Tags: enemy, girl, gossip


Author

Storm K.
Storm K.

Wales, United Kingdom



About
"the irony is that I can't express my love for writing in words." I'm Storm. Eighteen years old, going to college in a castle by the sea. I am an escapist, a lover, a fighter, a reader, but most of.. more..

Writing
15 Minutes 15 Minutes

A Poem by Storm K.


Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Storm K.


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Storm K.