Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by FuyuSeishin1
"

A brief history before the story starts.

"
    The year is 2181 and mankind has begun to leave their earthen cradle in favor of colonizing other objects in the Sol System. Before the century ended, as rockets became less and less common becoming replaced by advanced Ion engines and predestined paths for hypersepeed and warp travel, humans began to expand their reach even further for other stars. By 2265, mankind has colonized 15 other systems making their stay permanent by using various teraformers ranked classes 1-3 for most planets while, on others, co-mingling with extraterrestrials the Tahl, Ronin, Mirkra and Garm. 2275 came with a great viral epidemic that emerged from a new found system aptly called Megido, the 16th system, on it's only planet later named Thanatos. The cause of this epidemic is from colony scientists there who found an alien microbe and hoped to procure something productive out of such microorganisms. The opposite occurred creating what came to be known as the Thanatos Strain. Symptoms start going unnoticed so infected at early stages during the first weeks of the pandemic making the strain undetectable during the time thus spreading amongst the humans' ever-expanding galactic territory. Later, Dr. Charles Ulric, a scientist from Mars in the Sol system created a device that could detect the miniscule signs of the early stages, developed a vaccine and proposed a plan to set up quarantine zones which got approved by the new inter-solar government called United Solar Counsel (USC) which later became the Solar Regime (SR) based entirely in the Sol system.

    The USC herded infected citizens and a few unknowing criminals to these quarantine zones and kept them there under military watch. As years went by, resources soon dwindled in these zones as they expanded more and more with increasing number of infected. The upper class got the first vaccines and treatments as soon as it was available while the lower class quarantine zones get rationed, leftover vaccines and mundane remedies along with their packaged deliveries which people eventually fought for. This later erupted into riots and violent protests amongst the lower and middle class citizens as they looked to their providers, the USC. 2289 the SR came to power, reinforcing the guards stationed at the quarantine zones and violently cracking down on dissidents and occasionally killing innocents that are deemed to be in the Thanatos Strain's late stages which cannot be reversed justifying these acts as "for the greater good and betterment of mankind." Eventually, word got out of an underground rebel group called Death's Door which led to many turf wars amongst both the rebel group  against SR military forces which the civilians nicknamed "Rays". The SR and their military seek to rule as a perfect caste society with the ETs at the very bottom as well as maintain a sense of peace and order amongst the populace as long as the Chancelor has the say. Death's Door, however, seek a republic where everyone, regardless of race, has the right to speak for themselves like America did as they freed themsleves from the British centuries ago back on Earth.

    Both sides are under tension as the Colonized Systems of the Milky Way (CSMW) sits on a powder keg. Boths sides have the matches and are ready to light. When it happens, the whole CSMW will be plunged into war. Who will win the imminent war? Who knows when will it end?


© 2014 FuyuSeishin1


Author's Note

FuyuSeishin1
Please be nice if you find any mistake or if you just want to tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on May 20, 2014
Last Updated on May 20, 2014


Author

FuyuSeishin1
FuyuSeishin1

Kenosha, WI



About
Trying to start as a legitimate author while I admit that I do have an account on fanfiction.net. My username there is Fuyu_Seishin12 and I use the same profile picture. more..

Writing