Week 1

Week 1

A Chapter by ❀ Gabriela ❀

January 22, 2015

Today is a most momentous occasion, as it marks the start of my health journal. Or rather, it marks the end- the end of detrimental behaviors that could adversely effect the environment around me. For twenty-one days I shall diligently track my progress in an effort to increase my environmental awareness. I shall begin by refilling my plastic bottle with water from the tap. Onward I go..!


January 23, 2015

Today, I saved my lightly worn clothes for another day. Normally I would have thrown them into the hamper, but since I am trying to conserve water, I decided that I could simply "air them out" (read: douse them thoroughly with scented spray) and wear them again. If the Europeans can do it, I can do it, too!


January 24, 2015

Today, I chose to buy and consume organic products. I have found these products to be an excellent alternative to those that are exposed to pesticides and other harmful chemicals (many of which are known to adversely effect humans and our environment). Meanwhile, my roommate weeps silently, as she does not eat "that hippie garbage" and therefore can no longer steal food from my fridge.


January 26, 2015

Today, I brushed my teeth in the shower in an effort to conserve water. I also took a shorter shower than I otherwise would have, also to conserve water. In addition, I collected three plastic bottles and saved them in a bag. These I will recycle later.


January 27, 2015

Today, I chose to nap, rather than go on that silly run I had been planning. To conserve oxygen, of course. It's not easy being so environmentally conscious, but I'll manage, somehow.


January 28, 2015

Today, I successfully resisted the urge to spit my gum out onto the ground while I was on my way to class. Of course, this problem could have been avoided entirely by me not chewing gum in the first place, but I digress.


January 29, 2015

Today, I decided to forego my post-workout shower entirely. This may or may not have been due to the fact that I left my keys in the dorm. Normally I would have hidden myself away from my class and the rest of society, but since the student sitting next to me is on the track team, I'm confident that she can hold her breath for long amounts of time.

EDIT: It appears that I was wrong, as the track girl (and several others within my vicinity) have fled the building.




© 2015 ❀ Gabriela ❀


Author's Note

 ❀ Gabriela ❀
Recycling is fun, kids!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

:-) :-)
Verrrrrry cool, cute and clever.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

 ❀ Gabriela ❀

8 Years Ago

Thank you!! :D I'm glad you liked this!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
1 Review
Added on February 26, 2015
Last Updated on February 26, 2015


Author

 ❀ Gabriela ❀
❀ Gabriela ❀

About
Hello there! ❀ Um... well, I love to write! ツ more..

Writing