Week 3

Week 3

A Chapter by ❀ Gabriela ❀

February 11, 2015

Today, I accidentally mixed up my garbage bags and threw the garbage into the recycling can, and the recyclables into the garbage bin. I tried fishing it out, but was unsuccessful. There's absolutely no way I'm diving in there. There's just no way.

EDIT: The environment had better thank me for this. That's right- I expect a snow day. I expect a full snow week! It had better RAIN the next time I have practice, do you hear me?!


February 12, 2015

Today, I realized something important about toilet paper. We flush it down the drain with hardly a second thought, but all that paper goes somewhere (and that's not even mentioning the trees)! So, in an effort to help the environment, I've decided to recycle toilet paper. I've achieved this by taking an old toilet paper roll, and then carefully winding anything remotely... salvageable ... back around it...

... I'm kidding. I didn't do any of that. But I am in fact making an effort to be less wasteful with toilet paper.


February 13, 2015

Today, I bought another dorm-plant. I've named it Charlie. Well, first I'd just named it Plant, but then I decided that it looked more like a Charlie. He/she/it is going to help revitalize the air in here, since the others have been slacking...


February 16, 2015

Today, I left the window in my dorm room open so I wouldn't have to waste energy and electricity by using a fan. The plants seem to like it. My roommate, not so much. The wind keeps blowing all her papers around- it's quite fun to watch!

Also, I think Charlie and Leonardo DiCaprio have been giving each other "the eyes". I don't know what those two plants see in each other, but who am I to question true love?


February 17, 2015

Today, I gathered all of my old toilet paper rolls from under the sink and threw them into the recycling bin. I briefly considered stringing them all together and hanging them outside on the door, but then I thought better.
And by that I mean, I would have done that, but I didn't have enough string. Also, my roommate threatened to use cruise control again if I did. So no, no toilet paper roll garland...


February 18, 2015

Today I chose to eat a burger over a salad. For the environment, of course. By eating the cow, I'm preserving the plants, you see. I'm saving them. I'm saving the plants. I feel so good about myself, inside. Or maybe that's just because of this delicious burger...


February 19, 2015

Today is day twenty-one. It marks the last day of my environmental health endeavors. Or rather, it is the beginning! The beginning of a new, shiny healthy me that has new and shiny healthy habits. So that's all, then! I've made it. With any luck, both the environment and myself can fully recover from this venture...

EDIT: It looks like Charlie has made seeds! Does that mean I'm a grandma now..?


© 2015 ❀ Gabriela ❀


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, tongue in cheek, this is a great diary of your conservation efforts. Your sense of humor comes through with good pacing of the laughs and have good vocabulary and grammar. However, stepping in gum is not funny!:)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 26, 2015
Last Updated on February 26, 2015


Author

 ❀ Gabriela ❀
❀ Gabriela ❀

About
Hello there! ❀ Um... well, I love to write! ツ more..

Writing