That Guy

That Guy

A Story by Starr
"

She didn't know...

"
She was walking home, well, whatever do you call a home? She was dragging her tired feet along that grey sidewalk, exhausted from her long day. Walking through the quiet streets that were lit by yellow street lights. Before she knew it, someone grabbed her around the waist and dragged her into the bushes. She tried to scream, kick, fight, but he was overpowering her. She cried, all she could do, and then he knocked her out. When she opened her eyes, she was tossed aside like a rag doll, her clothes were shredded and all of her stuff was gone. Her eyes surveyed the area, but she couldn't recall where she was, or even the matter of what happened. She climbed to her feet and a shooting pain shot through her stomach. She bent over in pain and screamed. The passing cars didn't care, they flew by, until one white car stopped. A younger man stepped out and grabbed her arm, she tried to run. He grabbed her and carried her to his car. "You need help." He started driving and soon reached the hospital, he grabbed her and rushed her in, "Get this girl help." She flashed him a smile and he vanished. They treated her and released her.... only a year later she met the guy again. He was helping her raise her new son and was hoping to be his father... Only if she could remember who that guy was that dreadful night... but he did bring her the best gift ever... and he was not a mistake in her eyes.

© 2016 Starr


Author's Note

Starr
What do ya'll think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked this a lot! It reminded me of a book I read a while ago called Stolen. A girl was kidnapped "for her own good" by a man and she got Stockholm Syndrome. I know it's not the same, just reminded me of it. i may have gotten this wrong, but I love the way the ended turned out. How the attacker came back. Hopefully the family life afterwards isn't messed up. That would be very unfortunate. I loved this story, mainly because of how amazing the descriptions were. you could almost feel as if you were there with her. I could really picture the scene. only thing I would suggest is to change the dialogue a little so it differs in the second quote. Very nice!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Starr

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much!
This took me so many places in such a small amount of time. It's really interesting, I like it

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starr

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I have multiple stories like these.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
4 Reviews
Added on July 13, 2016
Last Updated on July 13, 2016
Tags: life, happening, stuck, gift

Author

Starr
Starr

Richton, MS



About
“Normal is not something to aspire to, it’s something to get away from.” - Jodie Foster Who am I? Well, that seems like a simple question that could be answered by a small sentenc.. more..

Writing
Thought Thought

A Poem by Starr


------- -------

A Poem by Starr


Lost Lost

A Story by Starr