Lost

Lost

A Story by Starr
"

She swore she has no one and no one cared.... who would??

"
You just don't know that girl that sits in the back of the class and never looks at you. That girl that always seems to have bruises on her. The one that always seems so dark and scared, but there is always a smile plastered across her face. When you walk to talk to her, she bows her head and runs away. She can't bare to see you or anyone else. The history of her is anonymous to you. You can't figure out what's wrong, it's terrifying you. Is she sick? Is she hurt? Is she hurting? What's wrong with her?

You see her in the hallway, at locker 45, hiding her pale face. You walk up to her and shut her locker, peering into her blue eyes. She shields her face with her black hair, scared to look at you. You get one glance from her, her eye is purple and she has blood around her mouth. You look at her and she cries, drops everything, and runs. You race after her. She runs out of the school yard, further to the road. She stops and looks at you, "You can't save me."

You don't understand, you don't understand. She climbs the bridge and stands on the edge. The murky water splashes below, cold and bubbling, seeming to call her. "Please, I can help." She looks at you with begging eyes, "You can't save me." She looks at you for the last time and smiles, a real one. "Thanks for trying." She nods her head, drops a note on the ground and falls forward, you jump to her....missing...



~2 Years Later~


She bounds towards you and you wrap her in a hug. She smiles, a real one. You kiss her cheek, "I knew I could help." She lays her head on your shoulder, "You tried." She looks at you with blue eyes. You almost lost her, her jacket seemed to hold onto your hand, the only thing that held her. She doesn't understand why you saved her, you are the one who overlooked her for years. She was tortured everyday, and she knew life wouldn't get better, but you let her see the truth. You hold her arms and kiss them everyday... so many marks, so many times she could have been lost because of lies. She was beautiful. 

"You should have let me go." You lifted her chin and looked at her, "I couldn't." You couldn't bare the fact that if she would have left, you would be alone. You never knew how much she meant to you until that day, you understood her. You seen what her life was, a living hell. She came to you everyday after, holding onto you... That day was the last night she would spend alone. You will always hold her, holding onto her forever. She won't ever have to be alone again. Everyone blamed her, you never did, not even once. They all said it was a phase and it would pass. She was down, and so close to death.... you saved her.

© 2016 Starr


Author's Note

Starr
Love Y'all <3

Hope Y'all Love This

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have such a beautiful soul. A soul that seems to awaken your emotions with well written words. You made some small tears run, I'll tell you that. Very touching, lovely written.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Like this, and a fine ending that fits !

Posted 7 Years Ago


heart wrenching story Star .. :( lots of questions unanswered .. a timeless virtue to be sensitive to those hurting and to reach out ... too easy to pass by and ignore
E.

Posted 7 Years Ago


child abuse is sad on society, what a lovely happy ending

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starr

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much for reading! And yes, yes it is
I want more!!!!!!!! I need a sequel or a prequel or something!!! Please!!! Loved this so much!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starr

7 Years Ago

Ok, thanks! But, I will write a story and or book on this when I finish Navy Blue. I have 3 books im.. read more
Quinn W

7 Years Ago

You go! More power to you!
Starr

7 Years Ago

It is a pain I can tell you that
Whew, a very deep story. Sad but with a happy ending, one many kids are going through today. Valentine

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Starr

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much for reading! And yes I agree very much

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 4, 2016
Last Updated on September 4, 2016
Tags: depressed, lost, him, her, life, jump, saved

Author

Starr
Starr

Richton, MS



About
“Normal is not something to aspire to, it’s something to get away from.” - Jodie Foster Who am I? Well, that seems like a simple question that could be answered by a small sentenc.. more..

Writing
Thought Thought

A Poem by Starr


------- -------

A Poem by Starr