Turret of Faith Chapter 3, Part 2

Turret of Faith Chapter 3, Part 2

A Chapter by Wolfe Greytome

Shaking his head as Ashete storms off, Wolfe mutters quietly, “A temper such as hers will cause that child untold grief if she is unable to master herself.” To Cadeyrn, he states, “So, ‘faith’s key’ be referring’ to the Turret o’ Faith.  Now to figure out the rest o’ the puzzle before ye. Have ye heard aught of cowardly giants in any o’ the legends o’ the elves?”
    “Not cowardly giants, Wolfe. The dream man said frightened giants…and I get the feeling that the words he used were supposed to be a clue in their own right. And to answer your question, no - I have never heard of a frightened giant in any tale. Nor have I heard of crying greybeards either.”
    “ I thought that would be the case - I have never heard of any either. Though I feel as though I know the answer to this riddle, it slips from my grasp the moment I try to pull it to the front of my mind. Ah, laddie, tis a rough day when ye realize ye be old and feeble brained. I think I be off to join Ashete fer a while. Mayhap digging through dusty old tomes will let the answer come te me.”
    Meanwhile, in the Library of Lorelei, Ashete has been leafing idly through the pages of every book that catches her eye. While leafing through Metal Magics: A Guide to Forging Mystic Blades, Ashete hears scurrying in the books behind her. Knowing that her companions would be irate at her for passing up a chance to supplement their supplies, Ashete cautiously gets to her feet.  Stalking silently around the jumbled pile of books, Ashete fits an arrow to her bowstring. Sighting a rat the size of a small dog, she fires the mighty bow - neatly pinning the rat to the paper tower. Eager to retrieve her prize, Ashete yanks the arrow free. The force of her yanking causes a book to topple from the top of the precarious pile to lie face down and open on top of her rat. As she stoops to grab the book and toss it aside, she glances at the page on which the book had landed and beheld the answer to Cadeyrn’s puzzle.


© 2010 Wolfe Greytome


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on August 26, 2010
Last Updated on August 26, 2010


Author

Wolfe Greytome
Wolfe Greytome

Orwell, OH



About
There really isn't much to tell about me. I write poetry because I like to play with words. I am writing a series of fantasy novels because I got tired of the predictability of that genre. I tend to u.. more..

Writing
Faire Faire

A Poem by Wolfe Greytome


Tired Tired

A Poem by Wolfe Greytome