The Fallen Forest

The Fallen Forest

A Story by Silent Wolf
"

Story for a contest I'm going to enter. :3

"
The forest. That's all I could see; all I've ever known. Tall, dark green pine trees on every side of me, here and there a rock larger than the rest. At night, a sliver of moonlight would filter it's way through the needles of the trees and find its way to the ground covered in dead and dying pine needles, and the forest seemed to come alive with a dark, eerie feeling. During the day, everything was silent with the exception of the occasional whistle of the wind  through the trees. Everywhere it's the same: woods, woods, and more woods. 
But I've lived here for 15 years now, since the day I was turned, and I know every nook and cranny of this place. It's a dog-eat-dog world, eat or be eaten, survival of the fittest, whatever you want to call it. No hunter has ever escaped from this forest, and no hunter within his right mind would dare enter for fear of not returning. 
Even still, there are those seldom few, those few whom I survive off of, who think they can conquer this forest, can outsmart it. 
The idiots. I thought to myself. 
Once again, I readjusted the skulls on my shelf I had chiseled out of the cave wall with my bare fingernail, which had been sharpened to a point over the years. A low rumble escaped from deep in my chest, almost like a purr, my senses going haywire. 
There's another idiot hunter nearby. I thought with a smug grin. 

© 2013 Silent Wolf


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is amazing. At first I thought the character was a wolf, due to the awareness of a hunter nearby. But then I realise it's just someone who protected the forest, owned it and got rid of predators namely hunters. This is really good and I hope you won the contest :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Great detail. Sounds interesting. Are you going to continue?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Alright. I got two people who like the idea of a book, so that's what I'm gonna do. :)
Darkening Shadow

10 Years Ago

Awesome tell me when you get something. I want to read. =]
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Alright. I'll notify you. :3
I adore the visuals and the disdain for the hunter and those who believe they can conquer the forest. I agree it is a bit short but I liked it nonetheless

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Thank you. :)
It was nice. A little to short though. Could have used more description. Your one of the only people your created a new story for the contest.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

World* stupid auto correct...
Avangeline

10 Years Ago

Yeah, it isn't 100% what I was looking for, but its closer than the others.
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

Yay. :3 glad I was close. :)
Really great story! I like the roughness of the theme and the suspense at the end. Hope you win! :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

I think, I think imma call it "bleeding heart..." :)
Felicity's Eve

10 Years Ago

That sounds cool! :)
Silent Wolf

10 Years Ago

*smiles* yay! :3

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

719 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 30, 2013
Last Updated on October 3, 2013

Author

Silent Wolf
Silent Wolf

Insanity, My own little paradise



About
♥♥♥♥♥UPDATES!!!♥♥♥♥♥ (updated as of 11/22/17) ~I've graduated high school. I've got a full time job. -I am still writing Simli.. more..

Writing
Raven Raven

A Story by Silent Wolf



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Brothers Brothers

A Story by Dark Rider


Who am I? Who am I?

A Poem by Voice11