I'm Selfish

I'm Selfish

A Poem by J. Write

I'm selfish
"I've never met anyone like you," I tell you 
The truth is I'm selfish
I ask if you're okay, 
It's only that I need you 'Okay'
I peck you,whispering, "Take care." 
I only want you safe - for me
I give you my heart, 
It's all to have yours
 I lean to kiss you, and yet
It's your kiss I really need
"I love you," I say
What I'm really saying is, please love me more
 You die, I cry, 
I need you alive for me
Its all for me
I'm selfish.

© 2012 J. Write


Author's Note

J. Write
I write short poems to break through writer's block ( strange...ha?) Those of you who read my chapters know that things do get lengthy at times...maybe most times.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The poem has so much raw emotion and truth to it. I do agree with Clara about what love makes people do. There is a very strange sense to needing someone to do what you do just to a grander extent.

I know that with my husband I love him, but I want him to love me more. I don't want him to die because I want to die the day before so I never have to live a day of my life without him.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sid
Interesting poem, kind of honest actually, you have conveyed the emotions very well...good write!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is a very mysteriously true poem. It's beautiful and sort of simplistic, which I like. Good write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


well done, thanks j

Posted 11 Years Ago


Good expression of human nature in the poem. The truth of the message of this poem is certainly undeniable. Nice write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love the idea of loving for your own happiness. I used to think about that before. The truth of this poem is strong and simply painful. Good poem.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow. I can honestly say I could feel this as I was reading it. Great material, it's truly beautiful. Thank you!

Posted 11 Years Ago


J. Write

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Well done. I enjoyed this little slice of truth. No matter how much we love another, there will always be us that we love more. That includes your needs of having a lover in our lives.
You presented that beautifully

Thanks for sharing :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


J. Write

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
You are selfish and you are a pretty talented. Keep up the good work. Cheers. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


We love and that love makes everything personal. Yes, it can be selfish and yes we do have anterior motives for most things we do. Still, I would wager that if you could die instead of your lover, well, you probably would. Some would say that even that sacrifice would be selfish because you would not want to live without your lover... I think by most definitions we need to be "selfish" to be healthy. After all, who wants to be with someone who does not love themselves.
Your poem was honest and I liked the ideas it spawned in my head!
Be well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


J. Write

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Understandable :P Writer's block is the scourge of all mankind. There's only a few things that I wish would crawl in a deep hole that's filled with grape soda, bury itself for ten years and then dig itself out with a broken spoon only to be hit by my well placed nuclear missile...but writer's block is one of those things. Overall, I think you do rather well for all that your creative juices are being used up by those amazing stories. I'm not really a big fan of love poetry, but I could stomach this one on a daily basis. Selfish, yet it's a sweet selfishness. Like chocolate. Or moose.
I'm so sorry. I'm tired and loopy. I better go kick the cats off my bed and get to sleep :P
(Good job on this, by the way :D)

Posted 11 Years Ago


J. Write

11 Years Ago

Thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2526 Views
71 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 22, 2012
Last Updated on November 22, 2012

Author

J. Write
J. Write

London, United Kingdom



About
Well, writing about myself is one of the few things I can't do. I love writing - I guess that's why I'm here. Nature comes second, or maybe not. I think I love nature more than writing--No, I love wri.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by J. Write


The Ring The Ring

A Book by J. Write



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..