Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by
"

A Journaling of Parenting-Surviving the Daycare days.

"

     My son, Ian, has always been a quick moving very bright little boy. I'm not simply saying that because I'm his mom and I'm biased, but he is very smart and sometimes comes up with some of the craziest things.

   He is a first born, only child, which many family members attribute to his "quirkyness". I'm not so sure Ian can be so simply defined as "quirky", as he has always been very particular in how he plays, what he wears, his best buddies as daycare. I have always thought there is a little bit more to his intelligence behind those sparkling eyes that never miss a thing. 

    At two years old he had earned the nickname of "Houdini" from myself and my husband. We had just purchased our third car seat because the first two car seats had become a game. It was a game of how fast can Ian escape before mommy can get five minutes down the road before she has to pull over. Or better known as "how fast can I give mommy a panic attack while driving".    

He loved that game. Laughing and dancing in the back seat while singing look what I did! It was easy!

Then we invested in a five point racing harness that seemed childproof. Apparently it was also mommy proof as I was miserable at unhooking the strap as well. Apparently the new carseat required coordination, which is not my strong suit. Atleast Ian was secure. 

     At three, Ian had learned all of his colors, numbers and spoke some words in Spanish courtesy of Dora the Explorer, Diego and a preschool teacher taking Spanish classes in college. And when we didn't understand what he was trying to say to us, he would get really frustrated. This prompted a quick trip to the library to figure out that the words he was using meant he was thirsty and wanted a drink. Who knew parenting meant hurdling yourself full force across language barriers and referencing a Spanish dictionary to honor a request for a drink of milk?

    At four is when the real fun begins. 

    To Be Continued....  

 

 

 



© 2008


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on April 8, 2008
Last Updated on April 8, 2008


Author


Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Book by


Our Fallen Heros Our Fallen Heros

A Poem by


Election 2008 Election 2008

A Poem by