Addictive Gamer

Addictive Gamer

A Chapter by

James Layton is just like any other 16 year old teenager. He loves to play video games and he'll do anything to get his hands on the latest shooters, adventures and creative games. Last week, he convinced his mum to buy him Modern Warfare. It was a struggle, but he'd hoped his persuasion would do the trick again this week. James had his eyes on a game called "Lynthia" ever since its creators had announced it in February. It was now August and he knew he had to be at the game shop to buy it before anyone else.
James' mother was appropriately named Daisy. She worked at a florist in down town Seattle and she was on the way to pick James up from school. It was a Friday, everyone's favourite day of the week. James and Daisy Layton lived alone in their under-furnished mansion. James' father had passed years before after battling cancer for sixteen months. It had shaken James and he thinks of his father every day.
On the way home from school James and his mother were deep in conversation. "Mum, can I go to Gamestop tonight? I really want to get this new game called Lynthia. It's the one I've been telling you about!" exclaimed James with excitement. Daisy saw this coming. She was a very smart lady and you could tell just by looking at her. "What's the aim of this pathetic game?" asked his mother in reply. James explained the brand new and futuristic interface, along with online mode to battle friends, an amazing system to construct buildings and the fact that Gamestop were giving away merchandise tonight. "I don't see why not, James," said Daisy. James quickly whipped out his phone and texted everyone he knew. He'd be there for the midnight launch along with any of his friends who cared to join him.


© 2012


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on February 4, 2012
Last Updated on February 4, 2012


Author


Writing
Nerd Alert Nerd Alert

A Chapter by


Uncovering Lynthia Uncovering Lynthia

A Book by