That girl, Over there

That girl, Over there

A Story by WriterMe
"

Its easy to pass judgments about some without a clue who they really are...

"

See that girl? Yeah, that girl over there.  The tall, brown haired girl. Yes, that one. The one with the frizzy curly hair. The one with the slight blemish on her cheeks. That pale, tall girl who is always with a book. I heard she is socially awkward. I heard she preferred books to human company.  A complete book worm. Yes, that one. I heard she’s a loner.  She has no friends, and someone told me she doesn’t even want any. She has this weird accent, she swears is original. She has all these weird interests like Japanese comic books and stupid video games. Video games? Did you hear that? Ew, what is she? A boy? Might as well be one. She has the height of one anyway. She’s never gonna get a guy.  She’s just too quiet. She’s just too weird.

 

See that girl? Yeah, that girl over there. The tall, brown haired one. Yes, that one. The one with gorgeous straight and shiny hair. The one with white, flawless skin and rose tinted cheeks. I heard she never wears make up.  She always has her laptop with her. I heard she’s so friendly and nice. Everyone wants to be her best friend. I heard she loves to write. She must be really sensitive. She gets straight A’s all the time. She has so many friends or every clique. She has this really cute accent, which she got when she lived in another country, but it never went away. She has such versatile interests. She likes anime and video games. And she’s so hot so all the guys in school can’t help falling for her. She seems like the perfect girl. She’s so popular. She’s just too awesome.

Wait, a minute.

That girl?

Over there?

Well what do you know…. it’s the same one.

She must have had some serious surgery to look that good. What a freak. Who wants to look that good all the freaking time? God. I bet she’s still a weirdo. That accent? So annoying. And again, what is with those stupid Japanese comic books? What, she’s incapable of understanding English? Oh, I bet she pretends to like video games just to get guys into her. What a s**t. I bet she sleeps around. I bet she cheats on her test, that’s why she gets such grades. I think she pays nerds to do it for her. What a retard. She’s such a fake. She’s just too superficial.

Oh my god Crystal, that’s so awesome. You were able to read her so well.

Yeah, what can I say? It’s a god given talent to be able to detect such sneaks.

So what grade level is she in?

I am not sure…

Is she in your class?

No, not exactly….

Have you ever talked to her?

Umm…. not really…

What’s her name?

I don’t… know…

© 2011 WriterMe


Author's Note

WriterMe
I wrote this piece out of impulse. A small take on impressions and judgments we formulate of people without the slightest bit of knowledge of who they are. So the next time dear readers, you want to speak bad of someone or gossip about them.Think. Do you even know them? Or any part of their lives to be able to pass such comments, guilt free? Do you even know they as a person and what they are going through and how they feel, to be able to say such things?
Think twice. That's all I'm asking.
Thank you for reading =]

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. That sounds like a real conversation. Wonderfully written, my friend. The ending, of course, was my favorite.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Hi
The tone is amazing. I'm sorry, I'm just speechless.

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a cool write. Really enjoyed.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! This is so true, especially these days. Well said! I love the way you've portrayed the characters in a realistic manner.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It's so funny that you read requested this to me on the same day i had an epiphany of opposites. I see your point, I really do. I've always tried to understand who people really are inside and love them for their best qualities and ignore the not-so-great ones. However it was just the other day that it struck me that so many times I have given someone the benefit of the doubt, only to discover my initial impression was right. There's a balance somewhere. I'll let you know if I find it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this and it's so true! everyone has a differet opinios about you and some judge you before even giving you a chance! I like this a lot! awesome write! I give it a 100! PPl should defiitley heed to this! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


It reminds me of how I was between middle and high school. It's funny though how people judge others because of their appearance. Though I don't see someone saying "That's so awesome you were able to read her so well" unless that was another character's sarcasm. Maybe I misread that part? I do like this!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hmmm. An interesting piece of writing. Yes, I can tell you wrote this on impulse. It definitely seems like one of those pieces that you just started writing without any real though. It's not brillant, but pieces of writing written on impulse never really are. However, it is decent. But I still expected better from you!
If it was anyone else, I'd be think this writing is quite good. Since it is you though, I think otherwise. It is average (by your standards). I'm hoping to see some improvement in your writing. I haven't read anything of yours in a while. In fact, I haven't really been on writerscafe for a while. So thanks for the read request!
Keep up the good work! I know what you meant to express through this piece of writing. I thought you did this in an impressive way. People always have impressions of other people. Sometimes, they are completely inaccurate. A few times, they do have some basis in truth. But not often. It is a weird, distorted version of the truth that people hear. Kind of like... chinese whispers. If you know what I mean by that.
You do not need to tell me to think! If I don't know someone, I don't pass any comments about them. If I haven't spoken to them, I will not talk about them. However, you are right, a lot of people don't do this. I keep the impressions I have of people to myself.
Thank you for reading? No.
Thank YOU for writing! And thank you for posting!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Samples of outcasts and people that easily judge them are foundeverywhere. Attractive beginning. Nicely expressed. I enjoyed it. Keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very though provoking look at how we judge people. So true to human nature....

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2206 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 25, 2011
Last Updated on January 25, 2011

Author

WriterMe
WriterMe

India



About
You know its funny how I have been on this site for nearly three years and never bothered to change the About me? And the funniest part if it all was how you read your before About me and smile at how.. more..

Writing
Closed Book Closed Book

A Poem by WriterMe


Inhibition Inhibition

A Story by WriterMe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Womb Snatchers Womb Snatchers

A Story by bba


Addicted To You Addicted To You

A Poem by Bubo