Just one week

Just one week

A Chapter by WriterGirl101

The girl was a school mate from Emily's school. Her name was Claire. I’ve known her to spend time with our daughter from time to time and she’s even come over to the house once or twice. I stood by the switch, completely stunned and un-moving. Claire stayed on the floor staring at me in hate.  I was confused as to why she would try something like this but also saddened. I really liked the girl up until this moment.


"Where's Zane? I was hoping he'd join the fun," She smirked seductively. I ignored it and asked her my own question.


          “Claire, why are you here?” I hissed at her. At first I thought she wouldn’t respond, but after a minute, she sat up. I tensed, weapons at ready, but she made no move to fight. 


“I came because your daughter told me all about you," she croons. "We were very close. Best friends, I guess you could say. So I visited her the two at Sarah's place. I told them about vampires attacking and killing my parents. I told them  how much I hated vampires; how evil they were. At first I was afraid they wouldn’t believe me, but then she opened up. Sarah laughed, thinking it all a joke. But Emily; she told me that not all vampires are bad; that she knew two whom were very close to her. I demanded to know who, and, under false promises, she told me. She explained what great parents you two were. She explained how the two of you raised her; how much you loved her," the girl mocks. "But I know better. I’ve done research and not one page came up about ‘good vampires’. I knew she was being fooled,. I knew that one day the two of you would take another's liffe, if you haven't already, so I had to end it. I was about to leave Sarah’s place to come here.


          “Emily tried to stop me, because she apparently knew what I was planning. She pulled me back into the room, at first trying to plead with me, knowing that when I had a plan, I always went through with it. Of course I ignored her plea. Then she threatened to turn me in, for planning murder. I didn’t believe her, and she turned to run to Sarah’s parents. I grabbed her hair and she turned, throwing a punch but missing sorely. I whispered in her ear, 'anyone who tries to save a vampires life is just as much of a monster as they are.' She continued trying to fight me, but I've trained my whole life how to fight, so I could take revenge. But then the w***e got brave. She pulled out a pocket knife and sliced at me. By this pint Sarah had given up trying to pull us apart and ran to her parents like a sniveling child. Emily continued trying to release herself from my grip and I was tired of fighting the stupid fool,” at this she paused, and smirked. “You’re going to love this part. I threw her to the ground, locked the door, and she tried to scream. I muffled it, of course, and broke her neck-”


          I was on her in an instant, my eyes  turning a deep crimson color. “You lying b***h.” I had her by the throat with one hand, in which I could have easily killed her. She had fear in her eyes, but continued to smirk. 


“No lies, Mr. Adams. I couldn’t be stopped. One human life gone to save countless others; the choice was obvious. And I won’t be caught, because no one but Sarah even knew I was there. ” My grip grew tighter, fear squeezing my insides. It couldn’t be; my baby girl couldn’t be dead. But I saw behind the fear, the sadness   in which Claire held and I knew she was telling the truth. Before I had the chance to kill her, she stabbed the cross into my stomach.


          Damn! When the f**k did she pick it up?


          She smiled at her success. A few seconds later a car pulled up the drive and Claire left quickly. I screamed for Zane; begged him to go find her. My vision was fading and the silver was excruciating. Zane ran down the minute she left. He saw the crucifix, and pulled it out tossing it aside, cradling me in his arms. “Stay with me love, please, stay with me.” He whispered. “I-I just can’t believe it.” Anguish was clear in his voice.


           I reached up and clasped my lovers’ face. “We will get our revenge.” I vowed painfully. Then we heard the knock at the door. Zane led me to the couch, and went to answer it. I heard Officer Ashwood’s voice explaining the death of our daughter and Zane explaining that he already knew. He explained that the attacker came here, attacked me, and then ran off. He told him who it was that attacked me and brought him over to me on the couch.


          Ashwood examined my wound, poking and prodding it. I hissed in anguish.


“You’re healing alright?” He asked me, eyes flashing red.


 “Yes, it hurts, but I’m healing. And then when I do I’m going after that child.”


“And then what will you do fool? She’s a child and if you kill her or harm her in any way, we vampires will be thrown back to ancient times; driven back into hiding. But they will kill you. You would be dead. Killing the fool will not bring your daughter back.”


“My plan exactly is to kill her. I don’t care what happens to me, as long as my daughter is dead.”


          At that I did one thing no vampire has done ever in recorded history... I began to cry. Fat wet drops fell from my eyes. I sobbed for my sweet little angel who was now gone from the world. My baby girl was gone. Ashwood awkwardly patted my shoulder, whilst staring at me in amazement. A vampire crying was supposed to be almost impossible, but there I was.


          Zane sat on the couch and pulled me on to his lap. After a minute, I felt moisture on the back of my neck and realized that he, too, was crying. After a while, we calmed down, and just sat there, the three of us. When Ashwood saw we stopped, he looked down at me.


          “Give me one week. I just need one week to find this girl and bring her in to the council. I will explain to Joraph what the child has done, and seek his judgement. And if I don’t succeed, I’ll allow you to go out and do as you please with her. Let me have that at least and maybe it will stop you from doing something crazy. One week will give you time to gather yourself, and think straight.”


          I looked up into his deep blue eyes and nodded. “One week is all you have.” I replied. He nodded and left the house. One small week was all he had. 



© 2016 WriterGirl101


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Like I said Ara's death left me heartbroken. But this is getting even more exciting. It is also so sweet that they could cry it shows how much it has effected them and gives the reader the perspective they will get revenge no matter what. I also love the idea of the dark ages part. Great job :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Teehee... Thank you...
*feels all bubbly inside* XD
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Haha you're welcome lol :)



Reviews

Like I said Ara's death left me heartbroken. But this is getting even more exciting. It is also so sweet that they could cry it shows how much it has effected them and gives the reader the perspective they will get revenge no matter what. I also love the idea of the dark ages part. Great job :)

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Teehee... Thank you...
*feels all bubbly inside* XD
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Haha you're welcome lol :)
Overall, I find the story intriguing and exciting. There are a few minor errors grammatically, but nothing crazy. As mentioned before, no consistency with indentation. Also, I would advise against starting sentences with "And", use a semicolon if that is necessary for the sentence. Aside from what all has been said, the story is fun. Character and scene detail are always good to have as well, that was a bit lacking even for a short story, just find a balance that feels right for what you are aiming for, don't over-saturate or anything.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your review. I'll definitely go back and edit. :)
Really appreciate..
'....and she’s even came over to the house one or twice.' ---she has came? Came is one of those 'strong verbs', also called 'irregular verbs'. In this case, 'to come' is conjugated in the third person singular like this: She comes, she came, she has come. Either drop the 'has', represented by the 's, or change came to come.
For the variety of numbers, it's one, two, three, four; first, second, third, fourth; once, twice, thrice, four times; and single, double, triple, quadruple _et cetera_. In the same context, use words from the same set. Do not mix one and twice, or three and single. Yes, you can write the third man was single: but here the different words modify different nouns.(Position in a list and marital status.) For the same meanings, as in number of times an event occurs or position in a race, use the same set.

Presentation: the indents are not consistent.


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


WriterGirl101

8 Years Ago

Right, thank you for the tips. I appreciate it..
I have a feeling that one week won't be long enough...

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 10, 2015
Last Updated on October 5, 2016


Author

WriterGirl101
WriterGirl101

Fitzgerald, GA



About
My name is Sam, I enjoy to write and read, I love anime and Supernatural. I am a total nerd. My dreams are to become a published author and to visit Ireland. My biggest fears are being completely alon.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by WriterGirl101


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by WriterGirl101