Chapter 1: Lost Souls Meet in the Night

Chapter 1: Lost Souls Meet in the Night

A Chapter by Yoshiyuki

The roof seems to close down upon me every single day. It is for the best if the building collapses upon me. I see no hope for a future. Someone once told me "If you don't see a future for yourself it is a good time to create one.". That is such bullshit! I yell to an empty room, in an empty building, in an abandoned in town. Even in an abandoned town I still find peace and chaos. The charred walls gives off an uneasy scent, which reminds me of the tormented souls which left this place sometime ago. Yet, this house has too much precious memories. The balance of peace and chaos, in reality I find it comical.

This place is all I have left. After the fire burnt down the whole town I could not bear to leave. Why was I the only one to survive d****t! I throw down my hands striking the table, yet it does not make a sound.
The faucet drips every couple seconds creating and echo throughout the room. The uncertainty of my heart suddenly turns calm. It is as if someone has stopped time, the water trickling down slowly falls. The hands of the clock hasn't moved  an inch. The hot air that was supposed to engulf this city dwindles down to freezing gust of winds.

My mind is over come by flashes of light. Blinding everything in my mind. Flashes of fire can be seen, screams from men children and women burst my ears, the smell of charred bodies and wood over come my senses. Darkness fills the air. Through all that chaos I can clearly see a girl my age, her eyes pierce through my soul. A sudden feeling overcomes me. The emotions of hate, sadness, loneliness, and regret enters my heart.

"Who are you?'
"Why is your heart in chaos?'
'Your just like me aren't you?"
"Lost, Sad, and full of regrets."
No words were spoken from both sides. Yet, I had known more than a minute ago. Answers were given, questions were asked, yet all I could remember were the questions I asked. But I still felt contempt to know I was not alone. My head still in this blinding state, the girl slowly vaporizes into the fire. However, for some odd reason I felt a lonely aura around myself. One last flash consumed my vision and time has resumed to normal. The water still trickling down, the charred walls still standing, and my heart still beating.

Who was that girl? And why did I have an uneasy feeling?  


© 2012 Yoshiyuki


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on September 25, 2012
Last Updated on September 25, 2012


Author

Yoshiyuki
Yoshiyuki

Kahului, HI



Writing
Silent Night Silent Night

A Chapter by Yoshiyuki