Chapter 2: Memories of the Forgotten

Chapter 2: Memories of the Forgotten

A Chapter by Yoshiyuki

I am not one to want to create bonds with others. I feel as though if it is only me nothing can penetrate my heart. In this city there is no one but me, no one else... When I wander through the charred rubble I find broken pieces of the past. A picture of a small girl holding flowers, crystal shards, and a Crimson Necklace these items are littered all across town. What significance  did these items have I wondered. None of these items appeared to be charred nor were they damaged. 
Sharp images flash through my mind as I grow closer to the vintage picture. It seems as though it has been take ages ago, the Polaroid picture vaporizes into smoke as soon as I grab a hold. I am transported to some unknown place. Purple tulips scattered across a luscious green field, the scent of charred rubble gone. In the middle of this beautiful flower field sits a girl. I cautiously grow closer to her, not knowing who she is. She turns around in my direction, I fall back from the shock of what is facing me. Her face charred to pieces, however, I don't feel in danger. I do not feel the need to run away. This strange feeling, I felt it somewhere before. My mind is cloudy but I recall  connection I felt with another.  Before I could speak her fingers lightly touch my lips, in that instant a wave of sentences invade my mind.
"You once asked me who I was... All I can say is that I am a lost fragment of your mind. As you can also tell I cannot communicate with words. It may be lonely in here but hang on a little more the answers you seek will be answered someday..."
No matter how much I tried I could not speak a word. It is as she caste a spell upon me. Yet I was speaking, not through my head but through my soul. I could not explain the sensation, nor did I want it to end. I felt a sadness that wanted to be free, but it was trapped. I dug deeper into my soul trying to understand more. My heart unconsciously spoke to her.
"May I have this dance with you?"
What a weird phrase to say to a stranger, I thought to myself. I hadn't noticed before but her eyes, her eyes glow a dull sapphire blue. The sky as if listening to the beat of our hearts, shifts into night. The once bright blue sky goes into a mesmerizing blue moon lit night. The shining blue moon gives this girl an image of a charred angel. She is so beautiful. She stands up looking down upon me. She extends her arms out to me. Does she intend to dance with me?
"You will hear more if you are closer to my shattered heart." 
 With nothing to lose, but everything to gain I reach out for her hand. I take the lead pulling her close to me. The smell of a sweet scent fills my nose, if I were blind I would not have guess that her face was charred to pieces. It is just like an illusion, her hands are burnt to a crisp, yet her hands are soft as a babies bottom. We sway from side to side listening closely to each others heart. Closing my eyes I can feel warmth radiating from her body. 
"I know what you are thinking... But please for now don't worry about my crippled body. Soon it will be revealed. But for now let us just dance."
Giving up on pursuing further I continue to listen to the dance we have created. What I hear isn't one I find comforting. 
Two girls around my age stand in my house arguing. One of a dear friend who has stood by my side since I was little, the other a girl I have just met a couple weeks before the fire. My friend has always looked so beautiful her sapphire eyes have always attracted a lot of people to her beauty. Her long slick hair always flowed with the wind. Despite her beauty she always turned down invitations by all the boys. I have never seen her get close to anyone, and yet, she always stood close to me. I always wanted her to be the one! But she needed to be with someone who could offer her what she deserved.
I held my friend tightly, holding her even closer to my heart. Drips of my feelings shower onto her head. Even if her face was unrecognizable, I understood the feeling of her heart. I repeatedly said sorry. Yet my feelings were not being conveyed. I was trying to speak with my mouth not my heart. For the mouth lies, the heart will speak the truth.  
 
"I should have known it was you. Your eyes, your beautiful eyes could not be beaten by anyone. But I always could not accept your invitation to your heart. I was never able to understand your feelings. Even now, I cannot accept your feelings. Someone who can't understand you, does not deserve to be with you. It was a fun journey with you, but I am sorry. Only if I could have understood you better before that incident had happened, maybe then our paths may have been one with a family. But my punishment is I am destined to be alone forever."
With that the image comes to a close. My head seems like it has been beaten up so many times. The meeting in the flower field seemed like a dream, yet I held a piece of that vision. A small sapphire tear, it was her favorite. When ever she was sad I would find sapphire tears at the store, and she would cheer up instantly. If she ever handed it back to me it was a sign, that I would not see her smile in the near future.
Snapping back into reality. I had felt a terrible presence around me as I continued to scavenge through the charred remains. I could pinpoint the aura of a demonic presence. In a trance like state I walk up to the crystal shards, which littered the streets with its dull beauty. 


© 2012 Yoshiyuki


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on September 25, 2012
Last Updated on September 26, 2012


Author

Yoshiyuki
Yoshiyuki

Kahului, HI



Writing
Silent Night Silent Night

A Chapter by Yoshiyuki