Chapter One- Eleanor?

Chapter One- Eleanor?

A Chapter by Kayleah R. Buckley

"Eleanor, time to get up." My little brother Jaxon yells
"Jaxon shut up." I scream
"No school starts back today, summer is over." Jaxon yells
"I know Jax." 
"And your the only one not up." 
"I'm up now."
"No your not." 
"Get out! Get out! Get out!"

Jaxon runs out of my room, I grave my phone and check my Facebook. There are a lot of posts about how school is staring today and what to wear.

Eleanor Tomlinson: I guess I should add to the status of school start... Yay! Finally, school is staring. One thing summer is over... Also that Jaxon Tomlinson for the AMAZING wake up call.

I go to my wall and see a post from my best friend Julien. 

Julien Wilkins: Dear my amazingly beautiful talented best friend! We have school today! And I miss you a lot! Pick you up at 8? 

I comment of his post.

Eleanor Tomlinson: dear handsome Julien, yay! School! I miss you, it wasn't the same without you! Yes sure, I'll be ready and waiting.

I grave my phone and a towel. I walk into my bathroom, I have a quick shower. When I jump out of the shower and walk into my bedroom, my older sister Natalie, is standing there.

"Hey Nat." I say
"Look, you have to dress nice for school, this is my last year and I don't need my dorky little sister and her dorky friends stuffing this up for me." Natalie yells
"Your kidding right..." I say
"No I'm not, this is a big year." 
"Nat, half well most the people at the school don't even know you! They always say yeah your sister the older one. They don't even know your name."
"Yes they do they don't know yours, they always have to ask me." 

I shove Natalie and her big head out of my room. I go over to my wardrobe to pick something to wear. There is barely anything in there, since my family and I just go back from Bahamas. I grave a pair of dark ripped short short, a brown and white striped top and brown sandals. I grave my staw top hat and pilot glasses, I let my long dark chocolate brown hair dry into its natural curl. I walk downstairs to the kitchen where everyone is eating breakfast. 

"Nice of you to finally join us." Dad says
"Anytime." I say full of sarcasm 

I take my normal seat in between my little brother Hayden and little sister Olivia. I should introduce my family, my mum she's Mitchelle, she runs this house. My dad he's Troy, Troy Tomlinson CEO of some buisnesss, my older sister who you meet before is Natalie shes 18, if you couldn't tell she's a b***h, Hayden he's twins with Natalie, but him and I are really close unlike him and Natalie. then there's me' I'm 15 I think I'm the only normal one, Olivia she's 13, we are close, Jaxon he's 10 and he loves to annoy me, Scarlett she's 8, she is very quite and keeps to herself, Lukas he's 4 and my favourite brother Lewis he's only 6 months old. So add that up that 8 of us, it is nice having a lot of brothers and sister but I'm the outcast of the family, they are all academic and I'm more music, but they still support me.

"El, how are you getting to school?" Mum asks
"Julien." I say
"Julien's coming?" Olivia says in a over excited happy voice
"Yes." I say
"I better get ready." Olivia says well running off with Scarlett.

My sisters except Natalie love Julien, they think he's the best. I will admit, Julien is handsome and he has a good personality. Julien has tan skin, dark brown hair and hazel eyes, he's a lady killer, all the girls in our high school -Akins high school- love him. I hear the front door open and close,

"Honey, I'm home!" Julien's voice echoes threw the house.
"JuJu!" I scream
"Ellie belly." Julien yells. 

I run to Julien and jump on him, he catches me. We hug for awhile.

"Eleanor." Mums voice rings
"Yes mum?" I say well Julien and I walk into the kitchen.
"Julien, thank you that's the most exercises she has done in weeks." Mum says
"Haha! How was the holiday Mrs Tomlinson?" Julien asks
"It was good, you should come next time. Eleanor, are you feeling okay today?" Mum says
"You're still not well?" Julien asks worried.
"I'm fine." I say
"Have you eat anything?" Julien asks
"Not to day, I'm not hungry." I say.

Julien and I leave for school after saying bye. Julien and I have been friends since kindergarden, so he is treated like family now. In the car, I turn the radio up high to avoid awkward conversation.

"Eleanor." Julien says
"Oh sorry, she's not here at the moment, can I take a message?" I say, in a fake Asian accent.
"For a Asian, you do a terrible Asian accent." Julien says well laughing,
"I know, I haven't really concurred that yet." 
"Can tell."

I grave out my phone and check my Facebook, before Julien starts another conversation.
I look at my notifications : Lisa Turnbull comment on your wall post. Rachael Roff, Jeffery Lewis, Kain Hunter and Jace Carter comment on your status.

Lisa Turnbull: Julien and Eleanor, why don't you go out already? You are perfect for each other. 

Rachael Roff: I will see you at school (; I miss you babe! Xx
Jeffery Lewis: finally holidays are over! Had the most boringest holidays. Fill you in at schoo, I miss you. Xx
Kain Hunter: your back! Fill me in on the holiday! Bet it was AMAZING! Xx
Jace Carter: great school, ARH! I don't want to go, but I get to see your beautiful face. (; xoxo

What is with these people, I look at Julien and he looks me in the eyes.

"Eleanor" Julien says
"She isn't here." I say
"Eleanor Josephine Tomlinson, listen to me." 
"Okay, I'm listening."
"Good, now you have been sick for a good amount of time, I think it's time to get it check out." 
"No, I'm fine." 
"Bloody hell Eleanor." 

There was no conversation after that, once we go to school Julien went his own way. He is pretty pissed at me, I don't see how it's his probable, it is my body. It's weird walking to school without Julien, as I walk in I see all the freshman. I go to my locker and place my books and bag in there, I feel someone hug me from behind, I turn around and see Kain. Kain is my gay best friend.

"Kain!" I shout
"Tomo!" Kain shouts
"How was your holidays?" 
"Not as good as yours, tell me how was Bahamas?" 
"It was good, I loved the water park. You have to go there." 
"Okay, I will." 

I feel dizzy and I grave onto my locker well closing it. I feel someone catch me and keep me balanced. I turn around, to fast but I can make out Julien's face. Everything is foggy, I can see black dots everywhere, I crunch onto Julien's shirt and he holds me tight.

"El, you okay?" I can just make out to be Kain's voice 
"Stupid question, Kain. Does it seem like it?" Julien asks
"No..." Kain says  

 I can bearly make out everyone voices, I can hear high pitch muttering in the background. Julien walks well more carries me outside, we sit under the massive tree out the front of the school.

"Eleanor." Julien says
"Ju..." I say
"You really need to see a doctor, I'm getting really worried." Julien says
"Can I stay at school today?" I ask
"Finally, you listen to me! And if it gets worse I'm taking you to ER." 
"Agreed." 
"Well come on you have to be singing in the assembly." 

Julien and I walk hand and hand to the hall. We take our seat at the front, infront of the freshman. The Principal Mr.Richard takes to the stage and does the boring talking, welcoming everyone back and talking about what he expects out of us, like he does very assembly. It's finally my turn up there, Julien and I with the rest of the school band, Josh, Kayla, Phillip walk up. At the start its just me singing then Julien and I are singing together well after a teacher is saying a few congratulations or something. 
Julien hands me my guitar and I walk over to the mic.

"Good morning Alkin high, hope we are all having a great day back and I welcome the new freshman." I say well getting cheers from the middle and back section of the hall well the front section, freshman, are staying quite
"I'm going to sing God bless this broken road by Russcal Flatts." I say
"Go Eleanor!" A deep guys voice from the back yells out 

'I set out on a narrow way, many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true, that god bless the broken road
That led me straight to you
I think about the years I've spent, just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost, and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there, you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true that god bless the broken road
That led me straight to you
But know I'm just rolling home into my lover's arms
This much I know is true
That god bless the broken road
That led me straight to you'

"Welcome back, Eleanor. Great talent from our very own Eleanor Tomlinson! Great voice." Mr.Richard says
"Thank you Mr Richard." I say before walking off.

I walk over to Julien and he pulls me into a hug, before him and I are called out. I grave a glass of water well Julien and I get called out.

"Now we welcome back Eleanor, she will be singing a song with her friend Julien Wilkins." Miss Temple says

Julien and I walkout with our guitars, I stand not the right well he stands on the left.

"Well isn't today a pleasant day? Welcome all new students." Julien says
"We are going to be singing irresistible by one direction." I say

We start to strum along till we are both in the right tune.

"Don't try and make me stay, or ask if I'm okay I don't have the answer.  Don't make me stay the night or ask if I'm alright, I don't have the answer." I sing
"Heartack doesn't last forever, I'll say I'm fine. Midnight ain't no time for laughing, when you say goodbye." Julien sings
"It makes your lips, so kissable and your kiss unmissable. Your fingertips so touchable and your eyes irresistible." Julien and I sing. 
"I've tried to ask myself, if I should see someone else? I wish I knew the answer" I sing
"But I know if I go, if I leave now, then I'm on my own tonight and I'll never know the answer." Julien sings
"Midnight doesn't last forever, darkness turns to light, heartache flips the world around me, I'm falling down, down, down. That's why." Julien sings
"I find tour lipstick kissable and your kiss unmissable. Your fingertips so touchable and your eyes irresistible." Julien and I sing. 
"Irresistible." I sing 
"Irresistible." Julien sings
"Irresistible." I Sing
"Irresistible." Julien sings
"Irresistible." I sing
"Irresistible." Julien sings
"Irresistible." I sing
"It's in your lips and in your kiss. It's in your touch and you're fingertips. It's all these things and the other things that make you who you are and you're eyes, irresistible." Julien and I sing
"I find tour lipstick kissable and your kiss unmissable. Your fingertips so touchable and your eyes, your eyes, your eyes, your eyes, your eyes, your eyes. irresistible." Julien and I sing

Threw the whole song, Julien and I got quick looks at each other. I can feel tension building. I know Julien only likes me as a friend, but sometimes I'm not so sure. Julien and I walk off after getting a round of applause, well people are still yelling. 

"Get in there Julien!" I can here my brother yell 

I roll my eyes and take my seat at side stage, the teachers announce more announcements, well I sit there staring into space. Julien graves my hand and smiles at me, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I slowly grave it out trying not to get court.

From: Julien Seth Wilkins �'��'��'��'�
How are you feeling? You don't have to go one again, if you don't feel okay. Also can we talk? I need to tell you something.  Xoxo

To: Julien Seth Wilkins �'��'��'��'�
I'm fine, I feel fine. Sure, meet me at freshman courtyard? No one will be around. Xoxo

From: Julien Seth Wilkins �'��'��'��'�
Oh, so you want to be alone with me? (; KIDDING! You better be okay, or I'll kill you! Xoxo

To: Julien Seth Wilkins �'��'��'��'�
Of course I do, your my best friend! I love you, (; and I'm fine, I cross my heart and hope to die. Xoxo

 From: Julien Seth Wilkins �'��'��'��'�
You shouldn't kill yourself.. I'll miss you! LYING IS A SIN! (; xoxo

To: Julien Seth Wilkins �'��'��'��'�
I won't, because I didn't lie! I'll miss you too... Now you sound like one of those full 7-day Adventist people... (; xoxo

From: Julien Seth Wilkins �'��'��'��'�
You should read the bible because if you don't, it's a sin and you will go to hell! Have fun burning! ;D xoxo

I let out a little laugh and so does Julien. I put my phone in my pocket, because we are getting called out.

"Now we welcome on stage once again Eleanor and Julien plus Josh, Kayla and Phillip." Miss.Murray says

Julien and I walk out first well Kayla, Josh and Phillip walk behind. Julien and I stand next to each other on the left of Miss Murray well Kayla, Josh and Phillip stand on the right.

"Now if anyone wants to sing up for the school band, you may happily see one of these three people, Kayla, Josh or Phillip." Miss Murray says well gesturing to her right.

Phillip, Josh and Kayla are the leads of the school band, they are classed as geeks to everyone, not may people out of the band talk to them. 

"And now if I can say a massive contratulations to Eleanor Tomlinson for coming first in Texas talent show, and Julien Wilkins for coming fourth." Miss Murrey says

I look at Miss Murrey like she has 5 heads and then I look at Julien.

"Eleanor won 10,000. Dollars for the school, which we will put towards something nice for her and the school."  Miss Murrey says.

The assembly finish and we get asinged to different places in the school, Julien and I walk off to the freshman courtyard. 

"So what is it you have to tell me?" I ask well we take seat on the chairs.
"Oh, it's umm... Just about.... Before..." Julien says well shacking.
"And what is that?" I ask
"About after school...." 
"Yeah, I really don't want to go."
"Oh okay, that's fine." 
"Okay Julien what's up?" 
"Nothing." 
"Lying is a sin." 
"That's my line... But nothing is wrong. You have to go see a doctor, if not today, tomorrow." 
"Fine!" 

Julien and I go to the cateen were all the sophomores are gathered.

"Nice of you both to join us, Eleanor and Julien." Mr O'Leary says
"Anytime." I say
"Shagging behind the sheds are bad." Liam says
"Liam we didn't even." Julien shouts
"Okay, take a seat please." Mr O'Leary says

Julien and I take a seat by Oscar and Kaiden. 

"Now that we are all here, you will be joining up with the freshman and you will be like there buddy, show them around and be there for them, you all know how hard high school is, it's harder when you don't know anyone. So your names and your buddy's name is on the board, you will be meeting them in a few." Mr O'Leary says

Everyone rushes over to the board, Julien and I wait till it's cleared off a little, Francis and Miley come over and talk to is, well more talk to Julien, well Julien talks to them and they ramble on about there nails, hair, make up and tan, which I know Julien hates, I lean on Julien's shoulder and go off to lala land.

"Elly Elly." I hear Julien's voice say
"Huh? What? Yeah?" I say jumping in freight. 
"You feel asleep, you sure your feeling okay?" Julien asks
"Yes fine, perfectly fine." I say

Julien helps me up and we go over to the board and find our names. My buddy's name is 'Charlotte Huggings.' Well Julien has a boy named 'Henry Lopez' the freshman come in and I take Charlotte outside and we sit under the same tree as Julien and I before.

"So your Eleanor Tomlinson right?" Charlotte asks
"Yes, and your Charlotte." I say
"Are you related to Louis Tomlinson?" Charlotte asks

I her a laugh behind us, I look over Charlotte and see Julien standing there with is buddy.

"Yeah, Elly are you related to anyone in one direction?" Julien teases
"Shut up Julien and no not Louis." I say
"Oh, I thought you would have been." Charlotte says
"Elly, meet Henry, Henry this is my best friend Eleanor." Julien say

We talk about the music we like, sport, food all the normal stuff. Our teacher Miss.Lacey walks over to see how we are going, in the passed hour, I have zoned in and out of the conversation because I feel dizzy, fell alseep or just looked into space. 

"El, you feeling okay?" Miss Lacey asks
"Never better." I say 
"Lier." Julien mutters
"Okay well you both have sport." Miss Lacey says
"Miss, may I be excused?" I ask
"Why?" Miss Lacey asks
"I'm just tired." I say
"I'll take you home." Julien says
"No, you have sport. Now get to sport." Miss Lacey yells

Julien and I walk to sport, leaving Henry and Charlotte with Miss Lacey. I get changed into my sports uniform and join everyone of the courts. We start to play co-ed basketball, I fill my throat and lungs tighten and the sight goes.


© 2013 Kayleah R. Buckley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on April 8, 2013
Last Updated on April 8, 2013


Author

Kayleah R. Buckley
Kayleah R. Buckley

Never Ever Land, Jewish Christian, Australia



About
I love writing books, I don't think I will ever get published, so it's more of a hobby. I love music and sport as well as reading and writing. more..

Writing