Chapter Two- Excuse me?

Chapter Two- Excuse me?

A Chapter by Kayleah R. Buckley

I slowly open my eyes and bright white lights, hit my eyes. I slowly shut them with out seeing what is around.
"Ouch." I scream
"Your a wake." I hear Julien's voice yell
"Julien?" I ask still with my eyes shut
"Yes I'm here." Julien says
I open my eyes and see I'm in the nurses office at school

"What happened?" I ask
"You had a small asthma attack." nurse Judy says
"Oh." I say
"You are fine now, you may go home or back to class." Nurse Judy says

I look at Julien and he just nods his head

"I'll take her home." Julien says
"Julien, you must stay at school." Nurse Judy says
"No I'm taking El home." Julien says

I hop off the bed and Julien graves my by the waist, I feel dizzy again. Julien has mine and his bag, we walk out to his car, he helps me in. He starts up the car and starts driving, the other way from my house. 

"Where are we going?" I say in just above a whisper
"The children's hospital." Julien say
"Why?" I whisper
"Look at yourself Eleanor, your detracting right infront of me. Today it has gotten worse, this has been going on to long, it's time we got a answer." Julien says
"I'm fine." I say
"Be truthful Eleanor, stop being in denial." 
"I'm not." 
"Yes you are, I called your mum, she is waiting for us at the hospital." 

I stay quite for the rest of the ride, I let the tension grow since I have nothing more to say and I have no energy to say anything. 
Over the summer, I have been getting worse every week, I told my mum when it started to happen and she said 'it will go away in a few days, just take it easy.' Which I did over the summer, I bearly left the hotel room, I mostly spent my time watching movies, googling random stuff or I was just reading a book by the pool and playing my guitar, which only lasted a hour or so because I ran out of energy, I only went to the water park once or twice for a few hours. Lets just say, over the summer, I got worse and in the last week it's even harder, I'm tried and my limbs hurt. I hope the ED can find what is wrong. 
Julien parks the car in the hospital car park, he hops out then helps me. We walk well Julien more carries me into the Emergency department, I can just see my mum standing by the window, not because there are so many people (which there is) but because my eye sight is nearly going. 

"Eleanor." I hear mum yell
"Mrs Tomlinson." Julien says
"How is she?" Mum asks
"How does she look?" Julien says
"Right, lets check in." Mum says

Mum, Julien and I go over to the clerk and check in, they ask all those stupid questions like: 'what is wrong with her?' 'Have you seen your local GP?' If we have done any of that or knew what was wrong I wouldn't be here. My take me into one of the rooms and check all the easy stuff like my pulse and temperature. We go out to the waiting room which seems like more people are in there then before, there are no seats or space left. Julien gives me a piggyback and stands with me on his back by the window, on the seats is mostly parents with there baby's, which are all in prams. 
"Do you want some water?" Mum asks

I give her a little nod 

"Julien?" Mum asks
"No don't worry about me, mrs Tomlinson." Julien says
"Okay, I'll get you something."  Mum says well walking off.

I cuddle into Julien's back and he just stands there. He knows that if he puts me down, I will most likely fall over, which will course more braises over my body, which I already have a lot. Over the many weeks I have accorded, many unexplained bruises, lumps, rashes, as well as random vomiting, joint pain nosebleeds, headaches, weakness, blurred vision and dizziness. 

"Ju." I say
"Yes Elly?" Julien says
"I'm cooled." I say

Julien places me down and I sit on the floor, he puts his jumper around me. He sits down next to me, he pulls me onto his lap and I sit in between his legs well leaning on his chest. Mum comes back and hands me the bottle of water well giving Julien a bottle of water and a packet of chips. 

"You still cold?" Julien asks
"Yes." I say weakly 
"I'll ask for a blanket." Mum says

I hold up my drink for Julien to open, which he happily does. I take a few sips of water when mum comes back with a blanket, I wrap myself in it. 
A hour passes and my name still hasn't be called, well no one has really, only a few people. I start to dose off but stay awake by listening into someone's conversation.

"If I remember rightly, they go off age then off how sick they are." A woman's voice says
"Great, I could be here all night, maybe week." A another wo.... Wait that's mum.
"Yeah, I'm not so sure. What is wrong with her?" The woman asks
"No idea, I hope it's not what I think it is." Mum says
"And what's that?" 
"Her cancer is back." 
"Oh, well I hope not.." 
"So do I, she was like this when she last had it, but not as bad."  

I zone out and the word 'her cancer is back.' Runs threw my head. I feel a few tears fall, Julien stirs from his position on his phone.

"Elly, what's wrong?" Julien asks
"I think mum is right." I say below a whisper.
"What is she right about?" Julien asks
"My cancer being back." 
"When did she say that?" 
"Just then, to that lady." 
"It's okay, if it is or isn't, I'm here by your side, remember that. Here go on Facebook, don't think about it." Julien says well digging into his pocket for my phone.

He hands me my blackberry, I go onto Facebook and there is nothing on it, I have the normal billion friend requests which I never accept unless I know them or have at least over 10 mutual friends. I check my inbox and see a new one from my cousin Harry.

Inbox from Harry: Hello my lovely little cousin, how are you feeling? I hope you are having a beautiful day, I'll be in Boston soon to see my favourite cousin, stay happy and healthy till then. Love Harold xoxo.

It is wierd that is hear from my cousin Harry, he lives in England and he is aways busy with his band, but we have always kept a close relationship.

Inbox to Harry: hey my very distance cousin, I'm feeling fine. Today is a beautiful day, please hurry up and get here, am I still your favourite cousin? Love Eleanor xoxo.

I start to fall asleep on Julien's chest till my name is called

"Eleanor Tomlinson?" A strongs guys voices rings threw the waiting room. 

A few girls turn and look, Julien helps me and we all walk into the ER,

"Hi I'm doctor Armstrong, I'll be looking after you today." Dr Armstrong says 

Dr Armstrong leads us to a private bed, I lay down and Julien sits next to me well mum stands by Julien and Dr Armstrong is at the foot of my bed. 

"Now Miss Tomlinson, what has brought you here today?" Dr Armstrong asks

I explain to him how I have accorded, many unexplained bruises, lumps, rashes, as well as random vomiting, joint pain, nosebleeds, headaches, weakness, blurred vision and dizziness. He checks me over then looks at my history.

"I think the best thing I can do is get a blood test and go on from there." Dr Armstrong 
"May I talk to you?" Mum asks Dr Armstrong 
"Yes, sure." Dr Armstrong 

Dr Armstrong and mum walkout into the hallway. I turn to Julien and he give me a weak smile.

"I hate hospitals." I say
"I know." Julien says
"Why can't they just tell me the truth and get it over with." I say
"Because they don't know the truth yet, I'm sure they will tell you when they know." 
"I hope so." 

Dr Armstrong and mum come back in, Dr Armstrong has a trolley full of needles and blood stuff. He takes out stuff to take my blood, I grave Julien's hand well he finds a vain. 

"This won't hurt a bit." Dr Armstrong says well putting the needle in

"Those words are over used." I say
Dr Armstrong and Julien let out a little laugh. 
"El, I have to go do the school run, I'll be back in a hour or so." Mum says
"Okay." I say
"No I'm going to do lumbar puncture." Dr Armstrong says
"I know, in the back please." I say
"Oh okay, well turn on your side."  
I roll onto my side and look at Julien, he graves my hand rubs his thumb over my hand. I fill the needle go into my back, I grave onto Julien stronger and he lets out a little whimper.

"El, I thought you would be used to this." Dr Armstrong 
"No not really." I say
"Okay, well I'll take these up to the lab and they should be back in 30 minutes." 
"Okay, no hurry." 
"I think there is." 

Dr Armstrong leaves and I look at Julien.

"What should we do?" I ask
"Have you check YouTube?" Julien asks
"I told you, I don't want anything to do with YouTube." 
"I mean my YouTube." 
"Why would I check your YouTube?" 
"Well that video I posted of you singing at the leukemia function, has at least nearly a million views." 
"What?" I ask
"Yeah, look." 

Julien hands me his phone and I look at the screen: Eleanor Tomlinson Sings Climb, count on me and I won't give up at leukemia fundraiser 6/4/2012 with a bit of her story. Views 986,797. 
I look at Julien and he just smiles. I pass Julien his phone back.

"It's still climbing." Julien says
"I don't want to know." I say
"I think you do." 
"No." 
"Yes." 
"I'm bored." 
"So am I, what can we do?"  
"Look Julien, there is a alien." I say well a doctor walks past
"What?" 
"Doctors are aliens." 
"Not this again..." 

Every time a doctor walks past we yell out alien, every time a nurse walks past you yell follower and every time a patien walks past we yell lier. It's a game Julien and I played when we where little, when I was admitted to hospital, I guess it's still appropriate to play. The aim of the game is to yell it out fastest and whoever gets it out the quickest scores a point, I know lame but it keeps you entertained and it is fun to play.
Dr Armstrong walks back in, he was a hole lot of sheets with him.

"Do you want good news or bad news?" Dr Armstrong asks
"Alien, I think I want neither but if your making me pick one bad news." I say
"Where is your mum?" Dr Armstrong 
"Not here." I say
"Alien." Julien says
"Well I guess I can tell you." Dr Armstrong says
"Now now, doc you don't want to break the law." I say
"I'm not, don't you want to know or not?" 
"Yes." 
"Okay, we did a blood count and you seem to have a lot of myeloid blood cells." 
"Don't try and suger coat it, I have heard all this before. What is going to happen next?" I ask
"I guess, we will finish the tests and see how bad it is." 
"Okay." 

Dr Armstrong walks out, I turn to Julien and he pulls me into a tight hug.

"It will be okay."
"No it won't, it's back and I knew it was." 
"Don't worry, I'm here for you, you will get threw it and be 100% better."
"How do you know? I have less chance of surviving since I have had cancer before." 
"I know, but you will be fine and I know you will be." 
"No you don't. This is why I didn't want to come here." 
"Well it's better you did, you do know what would have happened if you didn't." 
"I know and that would have been better then going threw this all again." 
"No because I would of missed you." 
"Yeah right." 
"Elly, your going to be okay. You will get threw this." 
"Right, if I can beat cancers butt once, I can beat it again." 
"That's what I'm talking about." 

Dr Armstrong walks in, he does bone marrow test. I do many test like CT-scan, MRI scan, GFR test, PET scan, Audiogram, ultrasound scan. They are not mucking around, I went from one test to another, Julien couldn't come with me, he was made to stay in the room well I got wheeled from my place to another. When I get back to my ER room it's nearly o'clock, When I get back to the ED room, mum is back and Julien is in the same spot as when I left. I hop back onto my bed, Julien jumps up when he sees me.

"How was it? It didn't hurt, did it? Please tell me it didn't." Julien says 
"You worry to much." I say 
"Would you rather a friend that didn't worry? What kind of best friend would I be?" 
"A good one either way." 
"No I wouldn't." 
"Yeah." 
"Whatever Eleanor." 
"Well I got you some dinner, I hope you like chicken sandwiches." Dr Armstrong says well breaking tension. 
"Thanks." I say

I have a bit or two of the toasted chicken sandwich, Julien sits there on his phone well mum is talking to Dr Armstrong. I grave my phone from the side table and check my Facebook, 
Notifications: Julien Wilkins tagged you in a post.

Julien Wilkins: I just wish there was something I could do to take away your pain, well I'm trying, but I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. Just remember I'm there for you, always will be. Eleanor Tomlinson.

"Julien." I spit out
"Yes Eleanor." Julien says
"Look, I'm sorry. This is just hard on me, you should care. It's nice you do."  
"Good, because I'm not going anywhere, ever." 

Julien is so sweet, he is the cutest best friend I could as for, lately I think things have changed between us but I know things will always be the same, he will be my best friend always.
Dr Armstrong comes back, he has a smile on his face... Does this mean good news? Julien's face lights up, same as mine well mum just stands there looking at the floor. 

"Eleanor..." Dr Armstrong says well still smiling. Good news! I hope.

I nod at him to continue and he does,

"Well we look at all the test, I got second opinion and everything. But we all agree on the same thing, I'm just good to come out and say it, it will make it easier, I'm sorry to say but you have Acute Myeloid Leukemia." 

Acute Myeloid Leukemia.. Huh? Not again. I don't want to go threw this again. I look at Julien and he his as hurt as I am. How could he say all that with a smile on his face?

"Well I guess if I beat it once, it has no killer on me." I say

Julien lets out a little cheer well mum smiles at me.

"Okay well that's what I want, now we are admitting you to hospital, since it is M7 Acute Myeloid Leukemia." 
"Oh yay! The fun." I say

Mum goes home to get me clothes and stuff well I stay with Julien, I get admitted to the hospital. I get taken into the cancer ward and get put into a room by myself with Julien, the cancer ward hasn't changed from when I was little it just looks smaller, there isn't many doctors or nurses working since its night time and every kid is sleeping. I get placed in my bed and made to sleep, Julien was made to leave but he said he will be back early tomorrow. 


© 2013 Kayleah R. Buckley


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on April 9, 2013
Last Updated on April 9, 2013


Author

Kayleah R. Buckley
Kayleah R. Buckley

Never Ever Land, Jewish Christian, Australia



About
I love writing books, I don't think I will ever get published, so it's more of a hobby. I love music and sport as well as reading and writing. more..

Writing