Chapter 1: Laughter

Chapter 1: Laughter

A Chapter by Ahiru2001

June 24th, 2015
Sunday
11:06pm

Typical night... September tossed and turned in her bed, restlessly. She clenched her fists tightly and gridded her teeth. "Every night!" She spat angrily. September threw herself up and out of her screaming. "Every single God-forsaken night!" She pounded her head against the cold wooden floor in frustration. The soft but distinct sound of children's laughter rang throughout the walls of her thick skull. "What is so funny?!" She sat up confused and angry, a slight trickle of blood running down her face from the cut on her forehead. Of which she had just received from a loose nail that was in the floorboard. She scratched at her neck, she did so whenever she was experiencing intense emotions. "Poor little September."  September knew that voice. "Lacey! Please help me, they're doing it again. Why do they mock me so?" Lacey chuckled. "Why do you think they laugh?" September frowned at Lacey's response. The laughter was becoming louder and even more hysterical than before. "Lacey!" Lacey sighed and in an irritated tone said, "My.. Someone is being a bit demanding if I do say so myself. And would you like a cup of tea with that, Your Highness?" Tears started to run down September's cheeks, glistening in the moonlight, they fell to the floor as if taking turns... "I'm sorry, Lacey." September's voice had turned weak. As if she were a slave begging her master for a crumb of bread, or a single drop of water after days with nothing. "You know I can't get rid of them without you..." Lacey's voice rang, laughing louder than the children. "That's more like it."  Lacey snapped her fingers and the laughter stopped. It was like the children's' voices had just been ripped from their throats. September arched her back and stared at the floor. Slowly, a wide grin spread on her lips. She soon began to laugh hysterically. She sounded like a madman, but of course, that was what she was. After all, isn't there a little bit of madness in everyone? The only thing different about people with schizophrenia, is they don't try to hide their madness... Let alone realize it's even there.


© 2015 Ahiru2001


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on May 25, 2015
Last Updated on May 25, 2015


Author

Ahiru2001
Ahiru2001

WA



Writing
Cyberbully Cyberbully

A Poem by Ahiru2001


I Know I Know

A Poem by Ahiru2001


Those Eyes Those Eyes

A Poem by Ahiru2001