Arlo

Arlo

A Chapter by ZaferiaOfZewl

The blood drained from my face entirely. Muggles aren’t supposed to be able to see those things. What in the holy 9 hells is happening.  I snap from my mild trance,” You can see that?” I jester to the hologram of Lieutenant Sharent of the Void Militia in the Malalo Horad. “Yea the elf dude there! I can f*****g see that!” I shake my head in distress, “F**k! You in that corner now! And shut up!” I demand harshly taking control over his body with a basic command person spell and step into view of the message,”Ahhh there you are Arlo. Uhh I’m afraid we have an issue here in the Malalo Horad.” I run my hand through my hair in frustration,” Why else would you contact me. You only contact me unless s***s gone AWOL. So what happened this time?”  Sharent paused a moment,”You remember the child of the Spire. It just accidentally summoned hordes of ink demons to the city and they seem to all be converging on Sobek Keep. We have retrieved the child but we do not have the manpower enough to stop the hordes we need your help and now.” Putting my hand to my platinum elk medallion willing it to a set of sterling armor shimmering with enchantments, “Give me just a moment to prepare. I’ll meet you at the Keep Lieutenant.” Sharent nodded his head,”See you soon Arlo.” and his image faded.

My attention fell to what I had originally presumed muggle in the corner. “You,” I dropped the spell on him and started pacing in this tiny space,”What is your name?” I could feel him give me this crazy eyed looked, “My name! You want My name? You just like super suited up in full platinum plate mail like some f*****g video game character and just got finished talking to a damn elf. You must me batshit crazy or maybe all that weed is finally killing my brain!” I stopped and looked at him. Really looked at him for the first time. This mundane was in shock, his black hair roosed in a spiky mess, iceberg blue eyes wide and freaked, his knuckles whitening from how tight he grasped the shelf behind him looking like he’s about piss his pants. This boy has no reason to trust me and I’ve probably just destroyed everything he ever thought in his life. Or did I? He must have some sort of magic to see any of this because the glamors are impossible to see through by any muggle unless gifted the sight temporarily by a very high level caster.

Taking a breath I step back from him,” Look I know you have no reason to trust a thing that comes outa my mouth but right now I really need you to work with me here. You saw that message and if you could see it you probably heard it all to meaning you know I gotta be somewhere or a lot of people are going to end up dead so if you would please tell me who are you.” The boy sank to the ground all glassy eyed, “My name is Ryker.” He raked his hands through his hair and looked up at me freaking out completely but then simply took a breath and was rock solid, “ What’s going on? And was I not suppose to see whatever just happened because you sure of the hell acting like I wasn’t.” His steadiness threw me off entirely. To simply find your consciousness like that is a serious skill. “Uhh well. Right now I gotta go and your coming with me, but first how the hell did you just get you cool like that?”



© 2018 ZaferiaOfZewl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on January 19, 2018
Last Updated on March 25, 2018


Author

ZaferiaOfZewl
ZaferiaOfZewl

TX



About
Hi Imma being. not a human being please make sure you get such right as human has become an insult to any who is called. For to many idiots identify as such. I'm a writer I guess but I prefer to be ca.. more..

Writing
Keys Keys

A Chapter by ZaferiaOfZewl