Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Zahra

Thankfully this morning I woke up on time. While having breakfast the atmosphere was kind of awkward. I then went for a bath and wore white jeans, a floral top and put a thin layer of eyeliner and mascara. I put on my wedges, took my bag and other necessary items and left with a goodbye to my mom. The whole way to the office I was nervous. What did he want to talk to me about? ok I know it has something to do with the "marriage", but still what was it?

I knocked on the door of his office.


"Come in"


I went inside and a pair of piercing grey eyes met mine. I immediately moved my eyes from his and looked at the view of the city behind him. He gestured for me to take a seat and I sat. The atmosphere was awkward and he wasn’t saying a word, only typing away on his laptop. 

I sighed, “Nice morning isn’t it?”


 I asked with a small smile. He turned from his laptop and looked at me with an amused expression.


“Yes it is Miss Pierson.”


“Scarlett”


“What?”


“Call me Scarlett. Miss Pierson is too formal”


“Ok. Scarlett, we need to talk about what happened yesterday.”


“Yes we do Mr Black”


 “Call me Xander. Mr Black is too formal.” He said with a teasing smirk. I blushed looking down. Curse my mother for passing on this annoying habit of blushing.


“Anyway, we both know that my dad and your mom want us to get married and we both disagree. I have a girlfriend, Sasha and I want to marry her not anyone else. No offence to you.”


“None taken.”


“Ok, here’s a plan. We both will fix a date and get our parents here and try to convince them that we both will not get married at all.”


“That’s your plan?”


“Yes. I’ll even bring Sasha for better convincing.”


“Ok. Can I leave now? I need to open my library and call me with a fixed date”


“Yes sure”


“Have a nice day” I smiled and walked out of his office


Back at the library, it was the usual. Hardly any sales. I was calculating my total expenses when David came to the shop.


“Hey David!” I grinned at him.


“Hello dear” He smiled and I got up to make him his coffee.


“So David how was work?” I asked handing him his coffee.


“It was tiring as usual” He sighed


I frowned,” David it’s time for you to quit working. I’m sure Xander is capable of taking over the business.”


“He is capable, but I want him to marry first before taking over and right now I think you are perfect for a wife.”


“Please not this again. I’m not going to marry Xander, this is the last time I’m repeating this. He has a girlfriend, why don’t you let him marry her?”


“Sasha, she’s not a nice girl, at all. She wants him only for his money. After her parents’ multi-millionaire business went bankrupt, she came running to my son and my son being the good hearted guy he is, helped her and I think along the way he fell for her and she pretended the same. He doesn’t understand the real her”


“That’s bad” I said frowning


“Yes it is. Well I should leave now. Should I drop you back home?”


“No thanks, I need to create banners for a sale I’m having. Let’s hope it attracts customers”


“Scarlett, how many times should I tell you that I’m more than willing to help? I’ll give you any amount of money you need, I won’t have any problems dear”


“No David sorry but I can’t accept anyone’s money”


He just shook his head and walked out.


When I reached home, there was complete darkness. Maybe mom must be sleeping. I turned on the light and saw a note on the fridge, “Dear Scarlett, I have gone to Chicago to your aunt Casey because she’s very sick. I won’t be coming back till she’s fine. Call me when you read this.”


There goes the plan of meeting in Xander’s office

I dialled her number and it started ringing

 

“Hello?”


“Hello mom, I read the note”


“Oh yes dear, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you earlier, I had to leave immediately”


“It’s ok, no big deal. Tell Aunt to get well soon”


“Yes I will dear, anyway did you have dinner?”


“No not yet, I just came back”


“Ok have dinner, goodnight”


“Goodnight mom”


I dialled Xander’s number and it started ringing


“Hello?”


“Hello Mr Black, its Scarlett”


“Sorry but my dad isn’t here”


“Sorry Mr Bla- I mean Xander”


“Is my name really that hard to say?”


“No. But I called to tell you that the meeting can’t take place anytime soon, my mother has gone to Chicago to tend to my sick Aunt”


“Ok that’s a problem because my father is already searching for wedding planners”


Ok this was bad. I have no option but to do this without mom.


“Then we are going to meet tomorrow. It’s ok if my mom is not here”


“Are you sure you want to do this without your mother?”


“Yes I’m sure. Knowing your father he must be talking to a planner this very moment and this marriage is not fair to you or to me”


“Yes you’re right. Ok I’ll tell my father to come by tomorrow for lunch at 1:00 pm?”


“Sounds good.”


“Ok. Goodnight”


“Goodnight”


I let out a sigh and started preparing my dinner. Tomorrow’s going to be a crazy day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2014 Zahra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thanks for liking my story and I hope that it keeps your intesrest till the very end! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


your conversations(dialogues) are good. the time i took to read the three chapters were worth it. keep it up!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 3, 2014
Last Updated on November 3, 2014


Author

Zahra
Zahra

About
Hi there! I'm a young teenager who loves to write and my dream is to get my book published. I'm very sarcastic, but I can be sweet too! I'm very bad at introductions so I'll end here, but if you.. more..

Writing
Forever Black Forever Black

A Book by Zahra


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Zahra


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Zahra