Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Zahra

The next morning I woke up and saw the time- 8:45. I was late! I got up in a hurry and dashed to the bathroom and got cleaned up within 15 minutes and changed into black skinny jeans, a cream lace button up shirt and black heels. I blow dried my hair as fast as I could and grabbed my bag with the keys and phone and went rushing out ignoring my mother's calls to have breakfast. To reach David's office from my house took an hour and it was already 9:20.


I went running through the glass doors of the huge building in front of me. I went to the receptionist and told her that I had an appointment with David. She looked me up and down and gave me a disapproving look before telling me to go the 16th floor.


I finally reached the 16th floor and asked the receptionist there where I could find Mr. Black. She told me to go straight and turn left where the first door would be his office. I was rushing so much that I didn’t really observe me surroundings. The office building was modern but classy at the same time.


I opened the door without knocking

 "I'm so very sorry David. I woke up late and you know how far my house is, I'll make it up to you by making a good cup of coffee!" I let out in one breath. It was then I realised that there was someone else with David. I immediately became flustered and mumbled,


“Sorry, I didn’t know you have company”


David chuckled, “Don’t worry dear and it’s no problem that you’re late as long as I’m getting your coffee. Anyway, this is my son Xander.”


“Hey, it’s nice to meet you. David has said a lot about you” I smiled and put my hand forward for a handshake.


“I hope he didn’t say anything bad and he too speaks a lot about you” He smiled back and shook my hand.


We were all having a nice time, laughing, cracking jokes. I thought Xander would be an arrogant person but he was the total opposite. Then I remembered that David wanted to talk about something important.


“So David, you wanted to talk?” I asked


“Yes. Xander here wants to take over the business and I’m more than willing to do so but on one condition, he has to get married”


“Ok so get him married, why do you need me for this task?” I asked in confusion


“I want him to marry you” He said cautiously

My eyes widened and I froze, whereas Xander stood up so violently that it dropped his chair.

 

 

“ARE YOU FREAKING SERIOUS!? YOU WANT ME TO MARRY THIS GIRL!? YOU DO KNOW THAT I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AND I LOVE HER! I CANT MARRY ANYONE EXCEPT SASHA!” With that he stormed out of the office slamming the door shut violently which made me come out of my frozen state.


“Why me?” I asked as I looked up at his disappointed expression.


“Because you are like my daughter and I always thought that you would make a nice daughter-in-law and wife. I don’t like his girlfriend. She’s not a nice person at all, but he doesn’t see that” He sighed.


I got up, made coffee with the machine in his office and gave it to him.


“I think I should leave now. It’s time to open my library.” With a small smile I left.


The whole day I was distracted. Hell, I didn’t even enjoy the presence of books.


I opened the door to my house and my mom came rushing


“Did you say yes!?” she asked excitedly


“Mom, what are you talking about?”


“Did you agree to marry Xander?”


I looked at her incredulously.


“Mom you were involved in this? What made you think that I will say yes to this marriage?”


“You’re 24 and I want you to get married. Whether you say yes or no, you are getting married and that is final” She frowned at me and walked away.


That night as I lay on my bed just thinking about how my life was going to change, my phone started ringing, I looked at the time and it was 11:00.


“Hello?”


“Is this Scarlett?”


“Yes it is, who are you?”


“I’m Xander.”


“X-Xander? Why are you calling me?”


“Tomorrow meet me in my office, we have to discuss about something important and of urgent matter and I know you know what I’m talking about. Tomorrow 12:00 pm meet me at my office” He said in a rude manner and cut the phone


I looked at the phone in disbelief. What is it with people calling me at 11 in the night and asking me come over the next day and talk about something important?




© 2014 Zahra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice read. enjoyed your writing. the only problem was the font. it was a little too big, making it harder to read. other than that, this is a pretty good chapter.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Zahra

9 Years Ago

I'll adjust the font size. Thanks for liking my story! :)
Great idea having the end of this chapter echo the first one! Send me a read request when you post some more and I'll be sure to take a look at it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Zahra

9 Years Ago

I'll surely send you a request. By the way, if you see any mistakes or if you think that adding some.. read more
Jennie Baron

9 Years Ago

I review for content rather than focusing on grammar,spelling, punctuation, and so forth, although I.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 2, 2014
Last Updated on November 3, 2014


Author

Zahra
Zahra

About
Hi there! I'm a young teenager who loves to write and my dream is to get my book published. I'm very sarcastic, but I can be sweet too! I'm very bad at introductions so I'll end here, but if you.. more..

Writing
Forever Black Forever Black

A Book by Zahra


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Zahra


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Zahra