Desperate Reasonings

Desperate Reasonings

A Chapter by Mindless Mindset
"

What do you do when you're the reason the one you love is constantly in danger?

"

Title: The Darkest Grip
Chapters: 1/?
Chapter Title: Desperate Reasonings
Genre: magic, mystery, humor
Characters: Zaikyo, Nightmare, the GazettE, the Elements, Dir en Grey, plenty more...
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: violence, cursing, mild pervertion
Synopsis: A lie is not always told with bad intentions. But a lie with good intentions does not always bring a happy outcome. Sometimes, you're just too late to fix what you've done...
Disclaimer: I own the story only
Comments: The idea for this story came to me a long time ago while watching the video Chizuru by the GazettE. Things really start off quickly after the first chapter unlike usual. I think it'll be interesting to see how this goes...


Chapter 1


"YOMI!" Zaikyo screamed. "LOOK OUT!"

The small vocalist dove behind a tree, just barely dodging the sharp blast of energy.

"Wah!" The floating girl shrieked. "I missed!" She curled her finger into claws and hissed at Zaikyo.

"Move Zai!" Ni~ya yelled as he sent a blaze of fire in the direction of the fury.

She dodged it easily.

"What the hell is up with this chick?!" Ruka exclaimed. He sidestepped another attack.

"I don't know," Sakito mused. "But she seems to have a particular interest in Ni~ya..."

"Hey!" Yomi yelled, popping up from behind the tree. "This is no time for pondering over your weird little observations, Saki! In case you didn't notice, we're in the middle of a forest with a crazy she-witch trying to fry us! Now get your head in the game!"

"Uh oh," Hitsugi thought. "Things are really bad when Yomi starts getting serious..."

The fury was now chasing Ni~ya. Zaikyo was frantically shooting, missing every time. She was never a good aim when she was in a frenzy.

"What is wrong with you b***h?!" Ni~ya screamed irritated. "Ya want some ah this?!" He stopped running and turned around, causing his pursuer to blow right past him.

"Nyah!" she shrieked. "You're no fun!" She lunged for Ni~ya again.

"Whos idea was it to come here for a picnic anyway?!" Yomi questioned.

He and everyone except Ni~ya looked in Zaikyo's direction.

"Sorry!" she admitted. "The forcaster said today would be pretty so....Well I didn't expect this..."

"Somebody do something about this physcho freak!" Ni~ya was still being targeted.

What should we do?" Ruka asked.

Sakito thought for a moment. "I think I've got it...Yes, that's probably it..." He walked closer the distracted fury.

"What's he got planned this time?" Yomi wondered aloud.

"Who knows?" Hitsugi replied. "Sakito's unpredictable."

Looking up at the amused demon, Saikto raised his hand towards Ni~ya and moved it to the side a little. A greenish looking heart with a chain attached to it lifted from Ni~ya's jacket pocket and flew to Sakito's hand.

"This is what she wants," he said, letting it dangle from his fingertips.

"Ah!" Zaikyo exclaimed. "That's the charm I gave Ni~ya-chan this morning!"

The fury hissed and lunged for Sakito. He lifted the charm up and sent it flying in the opposite direction. The fury quickly took off after it, leaving the other six behind.

"That was a dark energy charm," Sakito stated, turning to the others. "It attracts demons. But to the looks of it, only weak demons." He stared off in the direction of where the fury had gone.

"Strange..." Zaikyo mused. "The man who gave it to me said it'd bring pure intentions..."

Ni~ya scoffed. "You were trying to stop me from smoking again weren't you?!"

"Sorry.."

"And you said it would attract girls."

Yomi smirked. "Well, in a way it did."

"Shut up before I kill you."

Yomi put his hands up in surrender. "Ok, backing off."

"So can we go home now?" Ruka breathed.

"Yeah," Zaikyo replied walking over to the grassy opening they had been eating on. "Just let me get the picnic baske-" Her voice trailed off as she fell to the ground.

"Zaikyo!" Ruka yelled." He and the others rushed to her body lying still on the ground.

"Zaikyo wake up!" Yomi screamed.

There was no responce.

"Look," Sakito commanded. He pointed to Zaikyo's right arm. There was a big gash terring through her sleeve and it was covered in blood. "She's been peirced. Appearently by the fury's claws."

"So what do we do?! Ni~ya questioned frantically.

"Carry her to the car," Sakito ordered. "Ruka, you drive. Now!"

They did as Sakito instructed. The whole way back to the Mansion, Zaikyo laid motionless in Hitsgi's lap. Not once did she move.
 

 
The Mansion 6:00 p.m.

 
The livivg room was deadly quiet despite the four figures occuping space. Sakito had been upstairs with Zaikyo for almost four hours now. No one had moved except to shift from one side to the other. It was just so unreal. Usually, Zaikyo would have skipped down the stairs and into the living room by now and said something like, "Come on you guys! Be happy!" or "This is a terrible atmosphere! Everyone start laughing  this instance or you wont get any cake tonight!" or "Who wants candy?!" It was just in her nature to try lifting their spirits. But now, she couldn't do anything for them...

Heads turned slowly as Sakito entered to room. His expression was unreadable.

"Well?!" Ruka questioned. "is she alright?"

Sakito sat on the armrest of an unoccupied chair and sighed. "She's fine. The venom injected by the fury's claw was too weak to fatally harm her. She's mearly unconcious right now in a state of false death. There's nothing we can do but wait for her to wake up."

The others sighed as well and relaxed a little. Hitsugi let out the breath he had been subconciously holding.

"So we just let her sleep?" Ni~ya concluded.

"Yeah," Sakito replied. "She'll wake up soon..."

They all nodded thoughtfully.

"I'm glad," Hitsugi said.

"Me too," Yomi agreed.

Silence filled the room as they all let their good fortune sink in. This was another close call, but somehow it had turned out ok. Maybe there was an angel looking after them...

"You know," Sakito started. "We can't keep doing this."

"I know," Ruka agreed.

"What?" Yomi questioned. "Can't keep doing what?"

"Putting her in danger," Hitsugi replied.

"It's too dangerous for her to be around us all the time," Sakito said. "She's already faced near death more than five times this summer. We just can't keep doing this."

"But that's not fair!" Yomi argued. We always-"

"Find a way out of it?!" Ruka retorted. "That's just it! Eventually one day that luck is going to run out! Eventually we're gonna make a mistake that we can't fix and she's gonna suffer for it!"

"Well who's gonna protect her if something happens when we're not there?!" Ni~ya put in. "She can't take care of herself!"

Sakito sighed again. "She has her friends to protect her. Plus, the danger follows us not her."

"But-" Yomi started.

"No buts Yomi. We all know it's not safe for her here, even you. And you know it too, Ni~ya. No matter how much we want her to stay..." He trailed off for a moment. "Zaikyo...can't stay here anymore."

They said nothing. There was just no use arguing with Sakito when what he said was true.

"She'll never go for it," Ni~ya began. "She wont leave if it's for her own safety. She wants to protect us. We can't make her go if it's for the sake of herself."

Sakito nodded. "I know.... I also know that she would leave...... If she thought...... we didn't want her here anymore."

And as Sakito said this, a soft coughing made it's way downstairs, blending itself into all the silence. And the five pain stricken faces watched the staircase, waiting for their sunlight to come, and then be sent away forever...

Chapter 1 End


© 2008 Mindless Mindset


Author's Note

Mindless Mindset
Comments are love! ^_^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

167 Views
Added on November 24, 2008