Inside the Bloodshed  Chapter 1: A Darkness Dawns

Inside the Bloodshed Chapter 1: A Darkness Dawns

A Chapter by Mindless Mindset
"

The Satsugai Roses have been through some pretty crazy stuff before. But nothing could prepare them for this next crisis...

"

"CHIKASU!"

The sound of the Chief's voice pierced through the Detective and Agent floor of the thirteen story building like a knife blade grazing against the inside of a persons skull. Yeah, that bad. The red-haired chief of police fumed as he paraded into Moji's office like a mad man on steroids. "What the HELL do you think you're doing?!"

The blond detective smirked at his desk, taking another sip of coffee. "Why whatever do you mean, Chief?"

The Chief slammed his fist on the desk. "Don't give me that crap! You know perfectly well what I'm talking about! I want to know and I want to know RIGHT NOW your reason for thinking it was okay to release the charges on MY suspect without the proper prosecution!"

The detective rolled his eyes. "Well we obviously had no use for him seeing as the guy who did it had already confessed to the whole thing. Keeping him locked up was just wasting our time and space, not to mention psyching out the little pansy... Acts like he's never seen criminals before."

The Chief's eye twitched a little. One of the clear signs that he was about to lose it. If, he hadn't already blown his brains out. He made an attempt to calm himself down. His wife had already warned him about his blood pressure issues. He gritted his teeth. "Listen, you little punk. I want you, and your equally irritating friends to stay far, far away from my cases or I will have you fired so hard you'll wish you had a 45 shot up your a*s instead. Do you follow?"

Moji was about to reply with another one of his sarcastic comments when someone knocked on the open door frame. The detective looked past the Chief. "Ah, please come in Amiku-chan."

The somewhat short blond girl stepped through the doorway and over to the center of the room, a few feet from Moji's desk. She was obviously sensing the bad aura in the room and didn't want to get too close to the source. "Good morning Chief. Good morning Momo-chan," she greeted politely, bowing a little. The Chief only grunted in response. "Momo-chan," she continued. "Karija-chan wanted me to give you this file on a new case."

She extended her arm to give the detective the folder of papers. He took it and smiled.

"Thank you Amiku-chan. Anything else?"

"The girl shook her long bangs. "Nope, that's all." She paused. "Oh and we're going out for lunch at twelve. Juri-kun says to be sure to be ready to go on time."

"Aw," Moji pouted. "When am I ever not on time?"

Amiku bit her lip. "Well... there was the time we went to the amusement park and we waited two hours for you. And then there's the time you were late for your cousins agent induction ceremony. And then there was your birthday-"

"Alright, alright. I'll be on time. Tell Jurika not to get his a*s in a bunch."

"I can't repeat that Momo-chan..." And it was true. Amiku was the only person in the ENTIRE Crime Investigation building that didn't curse every five seconds.

"Right, forgot."

"So-kay. Bye bye Chief. Bye bye Momo-chan." She smiled as she turned for the door and left the room.

The Chief snorted. "I hate girls..."

Moji smirked. "Ah, so you're queer then?"

The Chief looked at him with annoyance. "F**k off." And with that, he exited the room, more or less satisfied with his attempted threat.

Moji smiled to himself. "Chief Batsu...." He took another sip of coffee and picked up the file on his desk. He read the title aloud. "The Shibuya Case...?" The detective raised an eyebrow and opened the yellow colored folder. He began to read the report, curious as to what could be going on in a popular district like Shibuya. "In the past two weeks two murders have been committed in the Shibuya District of the same variation. On the first night of November 16th a body was found in the middle of
MeijiShrinePark at 10:26 p.m. by a business man walking home late from his job at the PS Company Music Headquarters. He has been taken in as a witness/possible suspect for now. A full background check will be taken care of soon. The suspect called the police at 10:32 p.m. and authorities arrived at the scene at 10:39 p.m. Police described the body in detail. Officer Gatsuki took notes on all observations. Apparently the body was found under a tree about forty yards from the shrine. The victim had suffered multiple stab wounds to the abdomen and neck before actual death. There were definite signs of struggle. However, bruises in certain areas of the neck suggest that the killer choked his/her victim into unconsciousness. Aside from the excessive amount of spilled blood, there were two major points found at this murder scene, as all of the others. The victim was found with a hollow chest, missing the following organs: heart, lungs, stomach, intestines, liver, kidneys, and spleen. The second unusual aspect of the murder was a word carved in the forehead of the victim with an unidentified weapon. The word "Save." Agents in the Decoding Lab are still at work deciphering this message. As for evidence and clues, there was nothing found so far that would give us a lead in any direction. Agents in the Crime Scene Investigation Lab theorize that the killer used some type of glove or covering of his/her hands to cover up fingerprints. The body has been taken to the Autopsy Lab and a full report from the coroner Agent Terikonda is being awaited. The body has also not been identified. The second murder was very similar."

Moji stopped there. He had seen some pretty messed up reports before, but this one took the cake. The detective wasn't sure if he'd be able to finish his coffee after reading that. But what could he do? This was their case now. Whoever this psycho killer was, Moji and the rest of the team would have to catch him before anything else went down. After all, this was what The Satsugai Roses lived for.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Yo Ruki!" Uruha called through the band room. "We're gonna be late! Sakito and the others are meeting us in an hour so stop staring in the mirror and get your a*s out here!"
He waited for the vocalist to yell something sarcastic or insulting back, but received no reply. "What the hell is he doing?" Uruha thought to himself. "Oh like hell I care!" "Ruki, I don't know what you're doing but I'm coming in!" He crossed the room to the bathroom door and tugged on the handle. Uruha wasn't really sure why, but when his fingers wrapped around that knob, he felt... like something was seriously wrong...

The door flew open and Uruha screamed.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~


"I'm sure he's fine Ami-chan. This is Moji-chan we're talking about. He always pisses off the Chief on purpose. It's how he gets his childish pleasure." Karija crossed a boot over the other one on her desk, flipping long black hair behind her shoulder and subconsciously fiddling with her lip piercing with the tip of her tongue.

"But Kari Onee-chan," Amiku asked innocently. "Don't you like to do the same thing?"

"I-Never mind. The point is, the joker never gets hung as long as the king is happy."

"You mean the Prince?"

"Exactly."

Amiku nodded her head in agreement. The Chief of Police may not have been a generally nice guy, but the decisions weren't up to him. He was only in charge in his department. But the REAL man in charge was the President of the Crime and Investigation Headquarters, a man whose real name no one actually knew. Most people just called him Mr. President or by one of his aliases. But Amiku had taken it upon herself to name him, The Prince. That was one of her little weird quirks. Amiku made a code name for everyone she met. She even had one for the Chief, which everyone in the building seemed to call him by now. She named him, Chief Batsu. It seemed to fit quite well. But the Prince was different. He was a young kind man, who inherited the company from his father, who had supposedly died six years ago. He loved to laugh and unlike the Chief, felt great respect for The Satsugai Roses. He knew they were special, and gave advice whenever needed. And so the Prince was well loved by everyone in the Crime Headquarters.

"So where're the others?" Amiku asked, playing on her lap top in the middle of Karija's red office couch.

Karija crossed her legs over again. "Yokumi and Tomachi went out to do a little investigating on a new case. Rei's in the file room looking for some info on God knows what. And Jurika's in his office.”


“Cool.” She closed her laptop and laid it aside. “I’ll go see if he needs help with anything.” She jumped up from the couch and headed for the door.

“You’re really bored, aren’t you?” Karija called after her.

Amiku turned. “Yeah, I remember… Mikori-chan always had some crazy idea going on in her brain. So we were always doing something. I guess I just don’t know how to be bored.”

Karija frowned, but then recovered her sympathetic smile. “I know you miss her. But I’m sure, wherever she is right now, she’s happy.”

Amiku laughed a little to herself. “Miko could never seem to have any other emotion other than happy.” She laughed again, one of her soft, bell-like laughs. “Thanks Onee-chan. You always know what to say.”

“Hey, it’s what older sisters are for.” She winked.

Suddenly, there was a knock on her office door. Amiku opened it to see Reiji holding a stack of papers and files and not looking to well. “Rei-chan,” Amiku asked worriedly. “What’s wrong?”

He stepped in through the doorway and walked over to set the papers on a chair. “You’re not gonna believe this one.”

Karija grimaced. “Why do I get the feeling I will?”

A loud vibrating sound came from behind Karija’s desk. She reached down and grabbed her cell phone.

She flipped it open. “Talk to me.”

“Karija!” It was Tomachi. “We’ve got some bad news.”

Karija rolled her eyes. “Great, just what I need. Well-“

Another knock on the door stopped her in mid- sentence. Amiku opened it again and this time found Jurika looming over her like a sky scraper. “We have a problem,” he said in a grave, yet focused tone.

Karija threw her hands in the air. “Of course!” She put Tomachi on speaker and set the phone on her desk. “Okay, someone needs to spill, now.”

Jurika, Reiji, and Tomachi were all about to say something when Moji charged into the room out of nowhere, panting heavily.

“Moji, what is-“

“THERE’S BEEN ANOTHER MURDER!!”



Chapter 1 End~

Satsugai-bloodshed
Batsu-punishment
Onee-chan-older sister (doesn't have to mean REAL older sister. can be like a girl you look up to)
Chan-use for friends of younger people or people you adore (sister boyfriend ect.)
Kun- (used for guys)



© 2009 Mindless Mindset


Author's Note

Mindless Mindset
So for once, I'm not wasting any time getting this story started. And you can totally bet that things are going to get insane.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on January 1, 2009
Last Updated on January 1, 2009