Only Cowards Lie

Only Cowards Lie

A Poem by Cats Eye

What happened to the times where a relationship

Was supposed to be of honesty

Where you were able to sit down and talk

 

What I once had I now realize

Was nothing but based on mere lies

I’d done nothing to provoke fear

 

I guess I can call him a cheating lying b*****d

For what would that accomplish?

That only makes the same as him, but in a different way

 

You say the truth would have come out

But unless someone had brought it to my attention

You never would have admitted

 

I would have rather found out from, the moment it happened

Instead I hear it from a friend or family member you’d told

I thought I’d known you better

 

You were nothing but a mere coward

Who likes to watch other people fall lower then you

Within their own depression

 

Only cowards lie

You still lie

And even upon your death bed you’ll lie again.

© 2010 Cats Eye


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very well expressed and well written. Your poems all seem so relatable. You definately achieve bringing different emotions to life and you can feel the writers own sadness and not so much anger but disappointment, well anger at the end I suppose, but I'm sure you get the point! Very nicely done! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


perfectly expressed good job!:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


And even upon your death bed you’ll lie again.

I love that ending

Posted 13 Years Ago


People don't take relationships seriously anymore. That is just a sad thing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


my words will unfold in the end, im sorry there was ever doubt of keeping anything for a long period of time, time is infinate, even on my death bed i will love the truth, everyone will know within my words once im dead, im sorry but your work does affect me as well. im sorry for hope.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Another poem with raw emotion. It's relate-able, many of us have had that dishonest person in our lives. Sometimes the liar will remain so, even when caught in that lie. You've pen a nice poem to sum up this type of person. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Yes, where are those times? In a world filled with hypocrites, and "do-gooders" we often have to look beyond initial motives to determine truth, and come to peace with ourselves - peace that comes from being able to move past the pain of those who hurt us, peace that ultimately has victory over the lies that are fed to us! Your write is well thought out, and speaks volumes about liars, cowards. We must be better than they..........we must allow love and forgiveness to conquer them!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


People often say they can't be honest in fear of hurting someone else, but the truth is they are in fear of the truth coming out so they lie to ease the feeling of betrayal. Sometimes even when confronted the person will lie or just say nothing when in fact if they face it, it will give the other person closure and allow them to either stay and try again or to move on.

No one likes to hear these things from someone else it is humiliating to the soul. This is a wonderful write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The writing's from the heart and the feeling it gives is one of anger, but anger stemed from hurt. A hurt that says: You could've told me and I wouldn't be this hurt and mad. I wanted to hear it from you, not someone else. Although sad, nicely put. Best wishes.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

344 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 10, 2010
Last Updated on December 10, 2010

Author

Cats Eye
Cats Eye

IL



About
In being interested in Alice and Phoebe Cary's famous work, I am also their great great neice. A few of my poems only come from anger. I'm currently 21, and plan to live my life to the fullest. I w.. more..

Writing
Sanity Sanity

A Poem by Cats Eye


Serenity Serenity

A Poem by Cats Eye


Fin Fin

A Poem by Cats Eye



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


BABE BABE

A Poem by Brian Kraklau