"Apollo"

"Apollo"

A Story by The Fallen
"

Sometimes even the Gods just need a break from it all and want to enjoy the world...

"

It was so beautiful. The puffy white clouds, lazily dragging themselves across the sky. The

golden gleam of the setting sun as it slowly dipped lower and ever closer to the far horizon. The calm and quiet waves lapping against the white sands of the beach. All of it. It was all just so beautiful. My hand rose up and idly swept my hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear, as I stood there gazing out across the ocean at the bright gold ball of fire seemingly crawling towards the edge of the world. I felt at peace, being there.

Someone sighed next to me and I nearly jumped out of my skin, startled by their sudden

appearance next to me. I hadn't heard anyone approaching, but then again, I wasn't exactly paying attention. After a few quick breaths, I regained my composure and looked over to see who was interrupting my alone time. I have to say…wow. He was atleast six inches taller than me, standing at maybe six foot even? Maybe even taller…His golden blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes reminded me of the sun for some reason. He was shirtless and wearing board shorts and sandals, that really showed off his amazingly toned body. I mean, to say that he was godly, is a real understatement.

Apparently, I had been staring at him and spacing out, because I didn’t notice him turn his

attention from the ocean to me. He started laughing a little, finding amusement in my behavior, and the sound of it broke me out of my trance. It was like soft music. I felt my cheeks burning from embarrassment as he just continued to laugh at me. I scowled at him, and the look was enough to make him put his hands up in mock surrender. "I'll just take it as a compliment. Its perfectly fine, I'm somewhat used to it…" he said reigning in his chuckles.

Despite his dismissal of my idiotic staring, it didn’t really help the feeling of stupidity and

embarrassment, as I mentally slapped myself for it. I quickly averted my gaze back to the sunset, only to find darkness where there had been light. The moon was in its process of rising behind me, and the moonlight shining on the waves, returned the peaceful feeling to me. Maybe it was just me, but it seemed to be shining differently tonight. Its hard to describe…other than simply breathtaking.

I had almost forgotten about my mysterious stranger until he spoke again, "I'm sure she'd

love to hear that herself." He spoke quietly yet I had no trouble hearing him. One of the many strange things about him that I noticed in such a brief time of meeting him. I looked over at him confused about what he meant, or if he was even talking to me in the first place. He looked at me, noticing my expression and just shook his head with a slight smile gracing his lips. "Its nothing…" he said quietly, turning his attention back to the moon.

I felt this nagging feeling in my head that I knew him from somewhere, but I just couldn’t

place it. There was also something about the way he looked at the moon. It wasn't like he was sightseeing or admiring it. It was something more…like the way someone looks at a loved one? I don’t know. With his attention no longer on me, I studied his face, trying to figure out why he seemed so familiar to me. The more I looked at him, the more he reminded me of the sunset or the sunrise and I didn’t know why. Soon enough, I was wishing the sun hadn't set and that I could go back to watching its golden rays.

Once again, his voice broke me out of my musings, but this time I didn't here what he said.

I blinked at him a few times, having completely missed what he said. He gave me another smirk, seemingly having realized that I was once again staring at him. He shook his head again before saying, "I said I can help you with that little problem." I frowned at him and set my look into a glare. "I don’t have a staring problem!" He raised an eyebrow and laughed a little again, which only served to annoy me even more.

"No I wasn't talking about that at all. I meant with you missing the sunset. After all, its kind

of my fault for interrupting you earlier…" he said turning back to look at the horizon. I was a little confused, considering I'm positive that I hadn't mentioned anything about it out loud. Or had I? Rather than questioning it and seeming like an even bigger idiot, I just shook my head before answering. "I really wish you could. It was really amazing today."

"Well today is your lucky day, because I can make your wish come true…" he said finally

turning his gaze back to me, flashing me a pearly white smile. Figuring I would return his flirting, I replied quickly with, "then what are you waiting for 'oh mighty lord of the sun.'" I don’t know where I got it from but the nickname just popped into my head. He seemed to really enjoy the name though, because his face lit up immediately. Metaphorically of course.

I began laughing at the look on his face, finally getting him to let his stoic guard down.

While I was laughing, he shook his head at me. "I was waiting for my name of course…" My amusement was cut short when a bright ray of light began hitting me in the eyes. Squinting and moving my hand to block the light, I saw the sun rising again out over the horizon. I gasped at this and looked over to where he had been standing, only to find the mysterious stranger gone…

© 2017 The Fallen


Author's Note

The Fallen
I believe this is the beginning of a short story collection about the various gods and their interactions..

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on March 2, 2017
Last Updated on March 2, 2017
Tags: Apollo, Beach, God

Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

About
I am a young writer, student, philosopher and many other things. I enjoy the beauty of life but I am cursed with the ability to see the darker side of humanity in its truest form. We all seek to rise .. more..

Writing
"I'm Sorry" "I'm Sorry"

A Story by The Fallen