"No More Tears"

"No More Tears"

A Story by The Fallen
"

A girl who can't stop crying and a boy who takes up the task...

"
It hurt. As I sat there, staring down at the screen of my phone, looking at the image that was on it. It was gone in 9 seconds, the curse of SnapChat, but it was blazed into my head already. The picture of her. Those watery red eyes from crying for hours. The streaks on her cheeks from the tears she’d been shedding. It pained me to see her like that.

She couldn’t help it of course. It was just one of those night's, where something had brought up old memories of her ex boyfriend. He was a trashy piece of s**t, who had treated her like dirt. He’d abused and used her and left her a broken shell of her former self. She was slowly coming out of it, but she’d probably never be the same because of it.

If only I’d been there when they were together. When he dared treat her like that. Gods, the things I would have done to him, to anyone, who thinks that it's okay to treat a woman like that. Broken fingers have a way of making you reconsider how you touch people…

Sitting there, my thoughts roamed off and I forgot to actually respond to her. My phone vibrated, alerting me to a notification from my email app but I did not care. Looking down at the time stamp, I saw it had already been 10 minutes since I opened her snap. I did not know how to respond to her though. I know she needed me but what good would my words actually do her?

Shaking my head, I much better idea popped into my mind. I threw my phone onto the bed and quickly put on a pair of shoes and a sweatshirt that somewhat matched the Walking Dead pajama pants I was wearing. Doing a quick scan of my room, I found a few more essentials I would need before throwing them into a bag and leaving. I skipped down the steps to the main floor of my house before making my way to the back door and stepping out into the cold night air.

I locked the door to my house and pulled my phone out of my pocket as I turned and walked towards my truck. A quick check of the time, reminded me that it was 2 o’clock in the morning and that I probably should’ve been quieter, considering my roommates were asleep and were early risers. Hopping behind the wheel of my truck, I jammed the keys into the ignition and fired her up before backing out of my driveway and turning out onto the street.

The drive from my house to hers wasn’t too long, only 15 minutes at the most, and that’s mostly because I had to stop at a gas station for a few more things. As I pulled up outside her house, I grabbed my bag out the passenger seat and hopped out of the truck. Locking the doors, produced a quick cherp and I was halfway up her driveway when I whipped out my phone and called her.

She picked up after a few rings, and I could hear her sniffle before she greeted me, “Hey…” She must’ve been crying again, after she messaged me. The thought only made me more sure I was in the right place right now. “Open your door” I said quietly. I looked to my left and saw her curtains move as she peeked out at the door to see me. She gave me a faint smile before hanging up and leaving her room to open the door.

As soon as the door was open, I moved forward and wrapped her in a hug. I heard her sniffle again and felt the wetness of her cheeks as she leaned her head against my chest. After a while, we broke apart and I smiled down at her, while she looked up at me confused. “What are you doing here?” she asked. “I’m here for you. No more tears tonight” I said before closing the door behind me and grabbing her hand, leading her back to her room.

Entering her room, I closed the door softly, not wanting to wake up the other residents. She crawled into her bed, watching me curiously. I gave her my usual mischievous smile, before digging into my bag and pulling out the ‘Feel Better Kit’ that I’d prepared on the go. Chocolates, liquorice, a stuffed teddy bear and a energy drink that I knew she liked. While she happily began rifling through that, I walked over to her tv and grabbed the remote, looking for a good comedy.

After a little searching, I ended up on the movie ‘Click’. Can’t go wrong with a classic Adam Sandler flick. I kicked off my shoes and climbed into her bed, stealing a few pieces of liquorice, to which she pouted at me but I just rolled my eyes and stole more. As the movie played, the candy was slowly eaten and eventually gone altogether.

About halfway through, she fell asleep and I quietly got up, cleaning the wrappers and crumbs off her bed, before tucking her under the covers. I turned off the tv and place the remote back on her nightstand. I looked down at her, taking a few moments to admire how cute she looked with that smile on her face as she slept. Just to see that smile, made it all worth it...

© 2017 The Fallen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
Added on May 14, 2017
Last Updated on May 14, 2017
Tags: Girl, Tears, Crying, Boy

Author

The Fallen
The Fallen

About
I am a young writer, student, philosopher and many other things. I enjoy the beauty of life but I am cursed with the ability to see the darker side of humanity in its truest form. We all seek to rise .. more..

Writing
"I'm Sorry" "I'm Sorry"

A Story by The Fallen


"Apollo" "Apollo"

A Story by The Fallen