Dandy randy Tom cat

Dandy randy Tom cat

A Poem by S.zaynab.kamoonpury
"

A light humour poem to lighten moods as we phase out from pandemic spells. I like watching cat antics...

"
Curiosity perhaps killed many a cat
For a cat it is an inquisitive brat

It could rummage through anything even your rubbish trash
Tabby may spring on dinner table and cutlery may crash

Famous might be a cat for those famed nine lives
but not much help is that if in every danger it dives!

Its feline curiosity to crash-land it in trouble
for it tends to explore every kind of rubble.

The catty puss likes a fight and a wild-goose-chase.
Forever looking forward to amuse and amaze?

In a cat basket he's likely to be struck with ennui
Perhaps his caretaker thought only of his fengshui?

His meowing and hissing resonates in the valley
as he tussles with many rival cats in the alley

Mr. Tom cat thinks most females are saucy
but with them he acts in a way quite bossy

Wild and rough, with macho feral pride
I watch you tease and taunt in your typical stride.

No way is he kitty soft paws
Mr. Tomcat sure has the sharpest claws.

Tomcat ate the fishy leftover pudding & fish pie
and kissed the feline females and made them cry.

But my fav is my own cutie p***y darling so soft
even if she may raid the larder and loft that's aloft .

© 2021 S.zaynab.kamoonpury


Author's Note

S.zaynab.kamoonpury
Zoom in click to see pic close up and up close 😸

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

An entertaining poem! I have had several cats over the years, so yes, I like cats. But your poem reminds me of an incident involving a neighbour's cat rather than one of my own. I remember when I was a child one summer, and my father had taken a lovely joint of beef out of the oven and put it on the table to cool, before carving. The kitchen door was slightly open, and our neighbour's cat snuck in and leaped on the table, unseen. By the time my father saw the cat, it was tearing away pieces of beef and eating it! The cat was shooed away, and my father had a few stern words with our neighbour, but nothing could be done about it. Cats are cats! My father trimmed away the section of beef where the cat had been engaged, and we had to make do with a diminished beef dinner! Amusing to look back upon, but my father was vexed at the time. I enjoyed reading your poem!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

An entertaining poem! I have had several cats over the years, so yes, I like cats. But your poem reminds me of an incident involving a neighbour's cat rather than one of my own. I remember when I was a child one summer, and my father had taken a lovely joint of beef out of the oven and put it on the table to cool, before carving. The kitchen door was slightly open, and our neighbour's cat snuck in and leaped on the table, unseen. By the time my father saw the cat, it was tearing away pieces of beef and eating it! The cat was shooed away, and my father had a few stern words with our neighbour, but nothing could be done about it. Cats are cats! My father trimmed away the section of beef where the cat had been engaged, and we had to make do with a diminished beef dinner! Amusing to look back upon, but my father was vexed at the time. I enjoyed reading your poem!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a very entertaining poem which i enjoyed zaynab..
i love cats & dogs, but cats are easier to have 'cos they don't need washing or walking, & they do their toiletry business very neatly in a litter box.
cats are good for animal lovers who work all day, as cats don't bark to annoy neighbours nor appear to suffer from separation anxiety.
over a period of 30 years we owned 11 cats & 6 at the one time, & 5 dogs over 20 years.

cheerio carola

Posted 1 Year Ago


Okay. Officially cute. More of a dog man myself. But still, officially cute.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Cool cat Mr.Tom
I have a Tom cat; all white
his name is Lucky ..he is
a character ..enjoyed reading
this well crafted poem..nice work

Posted 2 Years Ago


We have a prowling Tom cat
He is a stripy ginger and white
He climbs over the wooden fence
Ti eat the scraps put out for the birds
He is so fat
The ginger TOM CAY

Posted 2 Years Ago


I myself had two cats. One was called Puffy, the other Kitty. I can relate to a lot of what you've mentioned. Especially cats fighting in the ally. They used to make quite a lot of noise on the side of my house between mine and the house next door. The sounds they made reverberated of the brick and sounded horrible.

Nicely penned poem here. :)

Posted 2 Years Ago


Cats are in a world of there own..finding such fun in paperboys, etc.
I really enjoyed this fun read...
Grew up with cats... all females..and forever getting pregnant by some cat roaming our neighbourhood...
Lisa

Posted 2 Years Ago


This was a fun read. Pussycats have it rough. Tomcats have barbs on their penises which protrude when entering the female and stay extended until the male reaches orgasm. While it might guarantee him a bit of joy, it's not very much fun and quite painful for the females. That is where the word "caterwauling" comes from; the screams of pain produced by the females when mating. Ouch!

Posted 2 Years Ago


Thank you for such an amusing read, Ms. Zaynab! I found it really enjoyable. I can definitely relate to the musings in your poem, as I used to have a few cats myself at our home until they passed a few years ago, and man were they a piece of work, haha. They sure used to keep things so, well, lively around! Great rhyming, refreshing tone in this piece. Kind regards.

Posted 2 Years Ago


S.zaynab.kamoonpury

2 Years Ago

Hii Rick, yeahh man, cats do keep things livelier and funful . Thanks for your super comment, luv t.. read more
dear Zaynab… Cats are super Smart and entertaining… they are Individuals just like People. We have a Siamese named Snowflake with Blue Eyes and a Tabby named Elisa Clover Doolittle with Green Eyes. Have fun.., gently, Pat

Posted 2 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

S.zaynab.kamoonpury

2 Years Ago

Wow snowflakes is such a cool name and a siamese too wow! The tabby must have a shorter nickname neh.. read more
Patricia Wedel

2 Years Ago

Elisa Doolittle was flower girl in "My Fair Lady who had a Cockney English Accent. Love to sit with.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

400 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 20, 2021
Last Updated on November 20, 2021
Tags: #Cat

Author

S.zaynab.kamoonpury
S.zaynab.kamoonpury

About
I like to call myself a poetess even though I'm no professional or conventional at writing poetry. Have been writing poems for some time and readers say they get message and/or entertainment from the.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..