4

4

A Chapter by Keevan

4

 

I took a shower after B.B. When I got out, he wasn't in the house anymore, but he wrote on the back of my dad's note that he went home to change his clothes.

     In the meantime I changed into my South Park T-shirt and kept on the jeans I slept in. After, I quickly pulled out my laptop and got on Facebook, putting my status as:

 

Yo, Chugga! Kat! B.B. and I will meet you at the park! Be there, or be stupid!

 

I logged off, slid my computer back under my bed, grabbed my iPod and cell phone, ran downstairs to make sure the front door was locked, and entered the garage, hitting the button to open the door. I got my bike and walked it out, laying it on the driveway and punching in the code to close the garage on the open/close mechanism.

     I slowly rode my bike in front of B.B.'s house until he came out, wearing black denim shorts and a red T-shirt with a black collared shirt over it, unbuttoned.

     "Going emo today?" I asked him when he rode his bike onto the road.

     "Shut it," he grumbled. "Where're we going?"

     "Park," I said. "I told Kat and Chugga to come via Facebook."

     "Smart," B.B. said, his attention averted over my head.

     "Dude, what're you  staring at?" I asked him. I turned around and found what he was staring at. There was a girl sitting in the yard behind us listening to her iPod.

     "Who's she?" I asked B.B., staring at her like he was.

     "Dunno," he replied. She had bright red hair, an unnatural red color, with a red knit cap on. Her T-shirt was red with orange sleeves and her capris matched, red with orange cuffs around her knees. Her outfit was completed with red converse shoes. She grinned at us, standing up and taking her earbuds out of her ears.

     "Act. Natural," I said as she came over. B.B. and I got off of our bikes and kicked out the stands.

     "Hey," the girl said, stopping at the curb. B.B. and I walked the short distance to the curb and said "Hey" in unison. She giggled and B.B. said, "Um, I've never seen you around before."

     "I'm not surprised," she said. "I just moved here last week. Back at home, school was already done."

     "We just got out yesterday," I said. "Nice to meet you, my name's Fisher. I live a few houses that way." I pointed behind myself and to the left.

      "I'm Benjamin," B.B. said. "though my friends call me B.B. because of my initials."

     "I'm Red," she said. "My name is actually Georgia, but my friends call me Red because it's my favorite color."

     "Huh," I said. "I thought it was orange." She smiled and I couldn't help thinking about how pretty her eyes were. They were like topaz or something. They were just as unnatural as her hair color.

     "Well," B.B. said quickly. "Fisher, we gotta get going. The park, remember?"

     "Oh, yeah," I said. "um, see you around, Riding Hood."

     "Oh, I get it," she said. "like 'Little Red Riding Hood.'"

     "Bingo," I said. B.B. was already getting on his bike. I walked back to mine and kicked back the stand. I glanced back at Red, who was walking back to her house.

     "What do you think?" I asked B.B. as I got on my bike.

     "I don't like her," B.B. said

     "Why not?"

     "She's too...red," he said. "Whatever, let's just go to the park."

 

"There they are!" Chugga called from the top of the swing set. He was sitting on the pole, dangling his legs. "Fisher and B.B.! Where ya been?!"

     "We got sidetracked," I shouted at him, riding onto the path and dismounting my bike, B.B. right behind me. "Where's Kat?"

     "Oh, Kitty!" Chugga called, jumping down onto the wood chips below. "Where'd ya go?"

     "Over here!" she called from the playground equipment. She poked her head up from behind a slide.

     "Who is it, Kat?" asked a little boy's voice.

     "It's Fisher and B.B., Johnny," Kat said to her little brother. She usually brought him along whenever we went to the park.

     "Ooh, I remember them!" he shouted. B.B. walked to the swingset and took a seat in one of the swings, Chugga sitting in the one next to it.

     "Fisher!" Johnny shouted excitedly. "Fiiiisher!"

     "What, what?" I asked when he slid down the slide and ran towards me. He was like a male version of Kat, except his eyes were a different color than hers. Johnny, for some reason, liked me the most out of all of Kat's friends.

     "I'm turning five next week!" he said, barreling into my leg. I almost fell backwards.

     "That's right!" I said sarcastically, slapping my forehead. "I almost forgot!"

     "Noooo!" Johnny shouted, laughing.

     "Johnny, leave Fisher alone," Kat said, walking over from the slide. She picked him up and held him like a baby.

     "Put me down, put me down!" he shouted, kicking his legs.

     "Are you gonna be a good boy?" she asked.

     "Yes!"

     "Promise?"

     "PROMISE!"

     "Okay," she said as she put him down. "Go on the slides or something, Johnners."

     "'Kay." He ran back to the playground equipment.

     "Sorry," she said.

     "That's fine," I said. "I like kids."

     "Mister Korbelle," Chugga said from the swingset. "would you mind telling me a little more about Miss Red?"

     "B.B. told you, huh?" I said as I walked over to where B.B. and Chugaa were on the swingset.

     "Who's Red?" Kat asked.

     "This girl who lives across the street from B.B.," I said. "We met her today."

     "She's completely red," B.B. put in. Her hair, her clothes, even her shoes."

     "So she's taken her name a little too far, then," Kat said, crossing her arms.

     "Her name's actually Georgia," I said, leaning against the swingset. "people just call her Red because it's her favorite color."

     "I don't like her," B.B. said again.

     "You don't like anyone except us," Chugga threw in, standing up on his swing.

     "So?"

     "That's just weird."

     "We're his only friends," I said. "Lay off him, Chug."

     "Thanks for reminding me," B.B. said, crossing his arms.

     "We hurt you because we love you," Kat said, walking over to him and patting his head.

     "So, Fish," Chugga said to me. "I think you have a thing for this Red girl."

     "Why do you say that?"

     "Because I know you," he said. "Remember that girl in seventh grade that you had a crush on?"

     I remembered her. She was quiet in class, but loud and funny with her friends. I remember I thought her laugh was cute and she had a great sense of humor. Sure, she wasn't the prettiest girl in school, but I liked her...until she completely blew me off. I think her favorite color was red, too.

     "What about her?" I asked.

     "She was all you thought about during school hours," Chugga said, jumping off of the swing and sitting back down on it. "and red became your favorite color until she completely rejected you."

     "So what does that have to do with anything?" I asked, starting to get annoyed. "I don't even know where you're going with this."

     "I don't know, either," Chugga admitted, a grin on his face. "But I know you have a crush on this girl. I'll be right back, I'm gonna go get a coke." He got off of the swing and ran across the playground to his longboard. There was a small store on the other side of the block once you got out of the neighborhood.

     "Let's go sit on the monkey bars," Kat suggested.

     "Kat!" Johnny called. "KAAAT!"

     "Johnny, where are you?" Kat called back. I didn't see him anywhere. B.B. got up off of his swing. "Jonathan!" B.B. and I exchanged looks, and the three of us ran over to the play equipment. I ran up the stairs of the junglegym and found Johnny, a big red welt on his wrist.

     "What happened, Johnny?" I asked, kneeling down by him. He was trying his best not to cry.

     "I got stung," he said as Kat and B.B. joined me.

     "We have to go home now, Johnny," Kat said urgently.

     "Is he allergic to bees?" B.B. asked.

     "Big time," she said. The welt on his wrist was getting puffy and even more red.

     Kat picked him up and said, "I'll see you guys later." When they got back onto the woodchips, Kat set Johnny down and crouched down in front of him. He got on her back and tried to happily say, "Yay, a piggy back ride..." With Johnny on her back, his arms around her neck, she started running in the direction of her house. it wasn't far from the park.

     "Dang," B.B. said. "I hope she gets him home in time."

     "She will," I said. "it's happened before."

 

"Where'd Kat go?" Chugga asked when he came back. B.B. and I were sitting on top of the monkey bars.

     "Johnny got stung by a bee or something," I said.

     "He allergic?" Chugga asked.

     "Yep," B.B. answered.

     "He okay?"

     "We hope so," I said. Chugga took a swig of his coke--which we saw was diet--and he awkwardly climbed on top of the monkey bars with us, trying not to drop or spill is pop.

     "Why'd you go diet?" B.B. asked.

     "My granny called me jelly jugs this morning," Chugga said with a grin as he sat in between two bars. "I figured it was diet time." Chugga wasn't fat, not even close. His grandmother just always wanted to criticize him about something.

     "Oh," Chugga said suddenly. "I saw that Red girl at the store."

     "How do you know it was her?" I asked.

     "She was completely dressed in red," he said. "even her hair. Her hair was REALLY red! Anyway, good choice, Fishie."

     "Shut up," I said, starting to get annoyed with this whole Red thing. "and don't call me Fishie. Only Kat can."

     "My boy's a player!" Chugga shouted, raising his pop can in the air. "He's after two chicks!"

     "Oh, shut UP already!" I shouted. "I'm bored, what do you guys want to do?"

     "I dunno," B.B. said, shrugging. "What do you wanna do?" I shrugged. Chugga raised his hand wildly in the air and said, "I have an idea!"

     "Is it a stupid idea?" I asked.

     "You know it is!" he said happily. "Get this, we mess around with Mr. Wilke!'

     Mr. Wilke was Chugga's neighbor and one of our greatest enemies. He was one of those guys who hated children and fun. He didn't have kids or a wife of his own, so he was lonely and crazy, but we still hated him.

     "What do you want to do to Wilke?" I asked. "Explain."

     "Get this," Chugga said, holding his arms dramatically in the air. "We get a jumbo sized marshmallow..."

     "Okay...?" B.B. said. "Go on."

     "We draw a face on it with a Sharpie..." Chugga continued.

     "Yeah...?"

     "And we tape it to his door!" he finished.

     "That's....dumb, Chugga, that's really dumb," B.B. said.

     "So dumb that it's BRILLIANT!" Chugga shouted with satisfaction. He had the grin on his face that he had when he really wanted to do something.

     "You know what would make it even more dumb?" I said. "If we stick a post-it on the marshmallow that said 'You've Been Mallowed'."

     "BRILLIANT!" Chugga shouted again! "Let's do it!" I shrugged. B.B. did, too. "Why not?"

     Chugga chugged the rest of his coke and crushed the can on his head, holding up a fist of righteousness. He stood up and balanced on one bar, facing a blue garbage bin about ten feet away.

     "Five bucks that I make it," Chugga said, holding up the crushed can.

     "I don't think he can," B.B. said.

     "Oh, I think he'll make it," I said.

     "Five bucks on the line, B," Chugga said, tossing the can in the air and catching it with his other hand. "You willing to risk that?" B.B. took a five dollar bill out of his pocket.

     "Alright, it's a bet," I said. "Chuck that can, Chuggs."

     "My pleasure," he said, bringing his arm back. He used to be in baseball.

     He threw that can. We all watched it sail impossibly far until it bounced off of the tree behind the bin. It fell into the bin with a satisfying THUNK sound.

     "That'll be five dollars, woman," Chugga said, turning to B.B. and holding his hand out for the money.

     "Ooh, double burn," I said, clapping my hands. "Cough it up, dude." B.B. grumbled to himself, pushing up his glasses. He handed Chugga the money and jumped down from the monkey bars onto the woodchips.

     "I'm using this money for jumbo marshmallows," Chugga said. "Let's go get 'em!"

     "Right behind you," I said as Chugga jumped down. We were going to tape a big marshmallow to an old guy's front door. How much better does it get?



© 2011 Keevan


Author's Note

Keevan
I wrote half of this chapter while listening to "Mr. Brightside" by The Killers lol. xD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lmfao! i really enjoy this story. it's simple and innocent in a way. Please post another chapter soon :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Loved it! They characters are great and funny. Can't wait to see what you do next especially with the addition of Red.

Posted 12 Years Ago


MARSHMALLOWS
F**K YEA

Red and Kat?? Little Fishie's a playa! Chugga is right, yo. Whoa. Never thought I'd say that. DOES BB LIKE RED TOO? RED SOUNDS WELL...RED.
I want more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

LOL THE MARSHMALLOW STORY!!! (We will do that someday, I swear.) And "We hurt you because we love you"! XD Awesome chapter! I love Chugga XD He reminds me of you so much lol. I'm so excited for the next chapter. This was amazing! I loved it! Keep writing!

_Cloud

Posted 12 Years Ago


You would be listening to that song, lolz. Anyway it's funny and you have a wonderful way of introducing new characters. And keeping up the chemestry with all the characters, I really like the story to far. Keeping pinging me when you finish chapters!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

234 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 26, 2011
Last Updated on August 15, 2011


Author

Keevan
Keevan

MN



About
This account is active from time to time, but not much. If you send me a message or friend invite, odds are I won't respond. Since I"m in college, I'll be here from time to time but there are abso.. more..

Writing
Experiment 909 Experiment 909

A Story by Keevan


I I

A Chapter by Keevan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


1 1

A Chapter by Keevan