Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Zidiane

Pant. Pant. Pant. I’m… out of breath! I run as fast as I can, but I can feel him… still behind me! It’s almost pitch-black, I can barely see where I’m going, but I can’t even slow to try to take in my surroundings!


“Hello, Jennifer Green.”


The words still echoed in my head, even now as I ran for my life. There! I see a shed; its door is open with a light glowing from inside… it has to have something I can use! My lungs have practically collapsed, my legs shooting a sharp pain all through my body, but I still can’t stop! I run full speed into the shed.


You must be confused. I’m sorry for that. But, in order for you to leave this place…”


I enter the shed, slamming the door behind me. There’s… a lock on it! Thank god! It’s one of those locks where you push a large metal thing through the slot so they can’t open it from the other side, whatever they’re called, it doesn’t matter, I slam it locked as fast as I can!


“… to leave this place, you must solve its mysteries.”


I lean against the door, breathing painfully in, trying to catch my breath as much as I can before I do anything. BANG! The loud bang from the shed door jolts through me, and I fumble onto the floor face first!


“You will not be allowed to leave in any way until you do so. But beware the Guardians…”


I scramble to get back on my feet, blood pouring from the nose I slammed on the floor… I try to hold it with my right hand, but the bleeding isn’t stopping. BANG! BANG! BANG! My heart is pounding in my chest almost as loud as the man banging on the door… I look around.


“The Guardians do not like people wandering their home, and will likely try to remove you…”


There’s nothing… nothing in here I can use to protect myself! I frantically search the small shed, but there’s nothing but a table! BANG BANG BANG BANG! It’s getting louder! And the lock… it’s starting to rip out from the door! My eyes sting with tears… I can do nothing but back into the corner of the shed, holding my nose in an attempt to stop the blood.


“But that doesn’t matter. As long as you solve the mysteries, you will be able to leave. And not until then.”


BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG CRACK! The lock… it broke! The door snaps open, and a man steps into the light… I can barely see him through the tears…


“And just remember… if you are cornered by a Guardian, worry not. Everything will be alright.”


He wore an ornate outfit, like a green, red, and gold chinese celebration outfit, with a white, blue, red, and gold dragon mask on… but the red, it wasn’t part of the mask. It’s the same as the red on his outfit. It’s blood. Someone’s blood... my stomach turns inside out, but I’m too terrified to vomit.


“Even if you are caught by a guardian, it will turn out fine. You won’t die, and in the end, you’ll end up back here.”


I pray, for the first time in my life, that his words were true… the Dragon Guardian steps towards me, and only now do I notice the Barbed wire wrapped baseball bat he’s dragging behind him… he lifts the bat, but, he won’t… the voice said I wouldn’t die! It promised! The bat came down with blinding speed and crippling force, right on my head… my world goes black…


“So, are you ready? Let the game begin…”



© 2011 Zidiane


Author's Note

Zidiane
don't talk about how there isn't much description of anything. for this, i'm making it so that what i write is what is going through her mind as it happens. she isn't going to be describing things, or noises, or giving cool descriptive words to the way anybody is doing anything. she is scared out of her mind as she tries to run from the people trying to kill her, her mind isn't thinking in descriptions. at least, not during the scenes where a Guardian shows up.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

ok but writting the wod pant . . . several times . . . . .while shes panting if thats the case then i dont think she is thinking she panting ok she's more worried about escapeing ok. . . .all in all i like it can wait to read more. good job

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Added on May 4, 2011
Last Updated on May 4, 2011


Author

Zidiane
Zidiane

RALEIGH, NC



About
well... i'm a writer... more..

Writing
Monster Monster

A Poem by Zidiane