Ch. 1

Ch. 1

A Chapter by Zman135

    I slowly walked into the meadow... and it was the most beautiful place I’d ever seen. Flowers of every color were scattered amongst the green grass. I felt the soft warmth of light on my face and looked up to see a full moon without a single cloud nearby.
    “Where in the world am I...,” I thought out loud, beginning to wander around, “there’s no way this is the hills of Appalachia in the middle of fall.”
    Then something caught my eye on the ground. It was a strange glowing light; a soft yellow sitting on the edge of a leaf. But it was more than a light, it was as if it had a personality of it’s own. Just looking at it made me feel inspired and free, intelligent and full of ideas. I could feel it wanting me to reach out for it, begging me.
    Why not? I thought as I reached out without giving a second thought. But then I heard a rustle from the bush behind me and instantly put my hand down.
    “Cole... where are we?” almost soundlessly escaped from one of my best friends as she stepped out of the bush, looking around in a daze similar to the one I wore.
    “Laken?” I asked perplexed as to why she was here with me, “Thank goodness it’s you. But I’m not sure where we are...”
    “Hmm...” she let out as she began to walk over to a small puddle close to where I was standing. I noticed she had a strange look as she stared at the water and then her face began to glow an odd color.
    I looked down to see yet another glowing light, except this one was a calming blue. It had a personality just like the other; wise and sensual. Like every emotion I ever felt put into one and then feeling like it was completely normal. But there was one difference... this one wasn’t calling out to me.
    “I just want to reach out and take it...” Laken said in a voice that was full of wonder.
    “I know, there’s one over here too. I think- I think... they knew we were coming and want us to take them.” I said pointing at the yellow one.
    Laken looked up at it perplexed when two more figures stepped out of the darkness from the trees into the moonlight.
    “Cole, Laken? Why are you guys here too?” a deep familiar voice questioned.
    “Where are we?” I heard in yet another familiar voice, although it was a lot higher pitched.
    “Matt, Kelli!” Laken squealed as we ran over to them. Matt scooped Laken into a cradle like embrace while me and Kelli just smiled at them. They were a couple after all.
    “So,” Kelli began, “what are we doing here exactly?” she asked bluntly.
    “Yeah, I just found Kelli while I was looking around and then the next thing I knew we ran into you guys.” Matt threw in, still snuggling close to Laken.
    “I’m not entirely sure, but i think has to do with these things...” I said walking back over to the odd lights to find two more gathered as well.
    There was a red light floating overhead, it reminded me of a star. As the others it had a mind of it’s own; powerful, passionate and full of energy. I saw Kelli absently staring at it from the corner of my eye.
    The other was green and looked as if it were halfway buried into the ground. It radiated strength and stability, the kind you would get from your big brother. Matt was staring at it, mouth agape.
    “It’s calling out for me...” Matt and Kelli spoke in unison, too mesmerized to even acknowledge the coincidence.
    “Same with us,” Laken spoke, returning to the blue, “I think we should do what they want”
    “I agree.” I spoke swiftly, getting beside of the yellow light like Laken. Kelli and Matt took positions next to theirs as well. We all  shared one last glance before reaching out and grabbing the lights.
    As soon as I touched it I felt complete; whole. Like I had been missing a piece of me all my life and was finally getting it back. I looked down to my right hand and saw that the yellow light wasn’t in a ball anymore, but it was coating my right hand like another layer of skin and was rapidly working it’s way down my right leg and up over my head. A quick glance around showed the same was happening to everyone else.
    As the light reached the fingertips of my left hand the glow began to lessen. And then, just like that, it was over. We all numbly walked to the center of where the whole phenomena took place.
    “What just happened?” Matt asked no one in particular.
    “I-I’m not sure,” Laken stammered.
    Then a ominous voice rang as if it were coming from everywhere and nowhere at the same time, “You are the one’s I have chosen. You are my children and the basis of my plan. You are youthful and wise beyond your years.”
    Is th-this God?!?! I thought slowly as if I had just received a concussion.
    “Yes, my children. I am your father in heaven. I have chosen you because you all have shown devotion unto me and have undeniable faith. Thus I am trusting these sacred powers unto you to do my will. Trouble is brewing and you are the only ones capable of stopping it.”
    “But, wh-what powers did you give us?” Kelli stammered.
    “Kelli, I have entrusted to you the will of fire. It matches your love of life and passion towards me.” Fire seemed fitting for Kelli, it seemed perfect with her red hair and outgoing personality.
    “Laken, I have given to you the gift of water. For you are always humble and generous, as my son was when he walked the earth.” Water couldn’t go to anyone better. She was the nicest most thoughtful person I knew. Not to mention when you looked into her eyes the only thing that could go through your mind was how they reminded you of two beautiful lakes in the middle of summer.
    “Matt, you have received earth for your consistency in following me and for being a role model for other Christians.” Earth was definitely Matt, no one could be counted on more than him with his dirty blonde hair and deep blue eyes.
    “And Cole, you have obtained the power of wind for desire to learn of my works and fun-loving spirit.” Wind felt right with me and I felt right with it.
    “There is evil brewing and I need you four to help me end it. I will have my archangels come and tell you what evil that is when the time is right. But until then I want you to become familiar with your new-found gifts.” The voice was getting quieter and quieter.
    “Oh, and you may also want to try combining your powers. You never know what may happen...” And then like that the voice was gone and things had become silent. We all looked at each other one last time before everything went black then I found myself laying in bed not sure how I had gotten there.


© 2010 Zman135


Author's Note

Zman135
I would very much appreciate reviews on this one :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great beginning! Now I want to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! What a way to introduce a story! Im gonna keep reading for SURE!

Posted 12 Years Ago


nice work :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


On of the bests =) Please write more XoXo

Posted 13 Years Ago


Dude, well written. I can see this book has a special place in your writing life, so add more so we can read more :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


i want to read more. like, seriously. add more. XD

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow nice one! Very descriptive; keep writing, I'll definitley keep reading!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 23, 2010
Last Updated on November 23, 2010


Author

Zman135
Zman135

Prestonsburg, KY



About
Hey, I'm Cole. I'm 17 and I attend Prestonsburg High School where I'm a senior. I've learned fairly recently that even best friends come and go so treat them like they'll be gone tomorrow. I'm a Chri.. more..

Writing
Ch. 2 Ch. 2

A Chapter by Zman135