9. Homecoming

9. Homecoming

A Chapter by Craig2591
"

Chrissy finally comes home and wants to make up for lost time.

"

Ian parked the car and got out.  Emily followed from the back seat. They both went to the passenger side and helped Chrissy get out and stand up. Emily handed her a cane and then ran ahead to unlock the front door as Chrissy started hobbling unsteadily toward their apartment, refusing any help from either of them.  Chrissy was still wearing a temporary brace on her left leg, but otherwise was finally free of all her casts.


Dani happened to be coming out of her apartment next door when she saw Chrissy and burst into a big smile. “Oh, Chrissy!” she said excitedly as she trotted over to greet her, “You've finally gotten your casts off! How wonderful!”


“Out of my way, Dani!” growled Chrissy as she limped past, “I'm on my way to take my first shower in six weeks!”


“Oh, my,” Dani replied, stepping back a pace.


Ian, who was bringing up the rear, stopped when he got to Dani. “A shower isn't the only thing she hasn't had in six weeks,” he said with a worried voice, “Pray for me, Dani.”


Dani blushed.  “Oh, Ian!” she giggled.


Chrissy stopped and looked back at him when she reached the front door. “Well?!” she said impatiently.


“On my way, Bittersweet,” he replied, and hurried after her.



© 2012 Craig2591


Author's Note

Craig2591
Don't worry about Ian, it's been six weeks for him, too. I'm sure he's just as happy as Chrissy is to be back.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm happy she's home and once she has that shower she and Ian will be even more happy! I really enjoy reading about Chrissy and Ian. I've grown to like both characters a lot. Good job on bringing them to life and in such a way they often seem real.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much!
Cheekyarse man!! Haha I think this was the perfect way to bring her home!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig2591

11 Years Ago

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

396 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 16, 2012
Last Updated on December 6, 2012
Tags: accident, humor, hospital, romance, love


Author

Craig2591
Craig2591

OH



About
I am a visual artist with no formal training in creative writing. I get stories knocking around my head and sometimes I write them down. I decided to join this site to share them with other writers .. more..

Writing
Challenges Challenges

A Story by Craig2591